Only one Multiplayer lobby available?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Only one Multiplayer lobby available?

I went to log on for a long game, and only one lobby was available, ....us1.alink.activision.com, and I couldnt access that.

Normally there are several lobbies available, such as california and germany but for some reason only this one. Does anyone know why?

I have been actively playing for several years and well, just seeking answers as to the possibility that no lobbies exist?

Yours in Civin

Troll
    Hi, I'm RAH and I'm a Benaholic.-rah

Re: Only one Multiplayer lobby available?

Originally posted by Troll
    I went to log on for a long game, and only one lobby was available, ....us1.alink.activision.com, and I couldnt access that.

Troll
    That is a sympton of what is refered to as "corrupt server.dat syndrome". This regularly occurs when you re-install CTP. You need "the cure", good server.dat file.

THE CURE
    Last edited by Swissy; November 9, 2001, 20:35.
    "The greatest happiness of life is the conviction that we are loved - loved for ourselves, or rather, loved in spite of ourselves."--Victor Hugo

Comment

Re: Re: Only one Multiplayer lobby available?

Originally posted by Swissy

That is a sympton of what is refered to as "corrupt server.dat syndrome". This regularly occurs when you re-install CTP. You need "the cure", good server.dat file.

THE CURE
      Swissey, is this a corrupt file?

I tried downloading, but it said I needed a program to open it?

Any suggestions?

Thanks

Troll

Yours in Civin

Comment

No need to open the fle. Just put it here:

C:\Program Files\Activision\Civilization-Call To Power\ctp_program\ctp

It will ask you if you want to replace the existing file, click "yes".
        "The greatest happiness of life is the conviction that we are loved - loved for ourselves, or rather, loved in spite of ourselves."--Victor Hugo

Comment

Originally posted by Swissy
          No need to open the fle. Just put it here:

C:\Program Files\Activision\Civilization-Call To Power\ctp_program\ctp

It will ask you if you want to replace the existing file, click "yes".
          Swissey,

I tried and I was not prompted to replace the file.
          I manually deleted the originl servere file, and still when I go to Multiplayer lobby, only us1.alink.activision.com is available and I am unable to to access, I manually deleted all files and re-installed the game completely. Still the same results.

One other thing, when I first downloaded your file, It could not be read, when I opened it, it prompted me to pick a program, so I picked acrobat reader, but later learned from you to just install. Would this do anything to prevent me from properly installing?..if so..how do I make it NOT read as arcobat?..I tried downloading your file again, but it still reads as an acrobat file?

Thanks for any/all help!

Troll

Comment

You will have to go into "folder Options" and disassociate .dat files from Acrobat Reader.

I have attached a .zip of the server.dat file to this post. I currently have this version in my CTP game and see Calif, NL, Germany, and Austrailia. I have no idea what happen to the others.

I think the missing servers are causing the problem. The game comes with the addresses for US1, US2, and UK. If these servers are down, you won't be able to make a connection and get the info for the addresses of all open servers.
            Attached Files

Comment

SweeT!!!

Ok..Im off and running and gonna try to get a game going!!!

Weird, how a file would become corrupt like that?..even after I completely re-installed the game!!

But, thanks from your old pal Patton..I am back in the money!

Yours in Civin

Troll

Comment

Regards Patton

FG,

(aka-Saddam)

Comment

Originally posted by faded glory
                  Regards Patton

FG,

(aka-Saddam)
                  Hey old buddy!!

I am hot and heavy into CIV III, although sans MP , but alas we do with what we have but perhaps MP 4 CIV III will be soon!! ..wishfull thinking!!

At any rate my friend..C U soon in CTP

Yours In Civin

Troll

Comment

cool beans

Been busy lately.....havent been on CTP LAN very often. Was going on with Blackice n the gang but Ide rather sleep in on the weekends...

Ya see ya soon

Comment

Working...
                    X