starting game with direct cable connection

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• starting game with direct cable connection

i've followed instructions to start a game on host but when i try to find the game on guest or in lobby - nothing. any suggestions??

When you said you have followed the instructions you mean:

* Updating to the 1.2 patch
    * Apply the 1.21 hack

Or in the simplest form, updating your servers.dat file.

If you do that maybe you forgot that CIV III has arrived and every body will stop playing this CTP for the new one. Of course I can have it until mid november as many european guys, maybe you were at a bad time.

I invite you to post at CTP Internet Ratings to confirm a player who want to spend some hours with you. I'll be free friday, maybe we can arrange a meeting

Comment

Not sure what you mean by "nothing". If you are using a proxy server or firewall you will have to open UDP ports otherwise you will not be able to get into the lobby. Unfortunately I do not know which UDP ports. Am looking for it for a long time now. It seems US1 server uses 21157 but I do not see that one anymore. If this is your problem I might help you a bit further. In that case mail me at fransm@europe.com.

If anyone knows which ports to open I would appreciate it a lot. Please mail me if you do.
      Franses (like Ramses).

Comment

finding patch

thanks prince - I didn't even think about the patch - I will look for the patch - can anyone direct me? As I said, I'm trying to make a direct cable connection to play CtP with another computer. I'm not quite ready for an internet connection. I have to conquer my own turf first - n'est-ce pas?

Comment

Working...
        X