Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lung is right

Originally posted by Solver
    Funnying here too, attachment removed . Or post all the mugs in off-topic .
    Why ?

Hageln den almightFuhrerwandler!

Comment

From now on i'm referring to Solver as "Terry Alderman", after an Australian cricketer known as "The smiling assassin", for all those threats he uses with smilies Alderman used to appear to smile as he bowled, usually resulting in the demise of an unfortunate English batsman An English batsman faced with Terry usually acted like lemmings, throwing their wicket away at the earliest opportunity

I'm sure St. Jon can recall plenty of English batting collapses at the hands of Alderman back in the 80's

I guess if we see Terry using smilies, we should be worried Either that, or we just tell him to bugger off!

Comment

Yes Lung we remember every cricketing humiliation you ever bestowed on us.

One day English bowlers will have something to smile about against Australia, but it is a long and frustrating wait.

In the meantime most of the rest of the world won't know what we are talking about.

Comment

Well I think cricket is alot like baseball.

Comment

a bit, but not much.

Now, baseball isn't that alot like rounders

Comment

My sports= Hoops, football and Redneck racing

(football=USA football not soccer)

Comment

Redneck racing ? NASCAR or dirt tracks ?

Comment

There both run by Rednecks

Comment

Umm ok no problems here......

Im going golfing today, so im not gonna pick of the cpu this day. Ill go tommorrow......I promise. Quiet frankly its the weekend, and its hard to think about CTP.

FOUR!!!!!!!

Comment

Oh yes plz resume sending turns to Masterdebatez@aol.com

Illl get around to playing them by monday.

Comment

Originally posted by faded glory

FOUR!!!!!!!
                        Of course you meant "fore!" "Four" as a score is purely wishful thinking on your part, if your CTP skills are anything to go by

Redneck racing I'd never heard that before! What is it about you blokes that you changed all of the British sports for the worse, just to distance yourselves from them? I mean, just when you thought that car racing couldn't get any more boring, you took the curves out of the track!!! Don't get me wrong, as baseball is lots of fun in it's own way, but most of the intricacies of cricket were thrown away when that particular Yank invented baseball (from cricket, of course). The history of American football (what we, for some reason, call gridiron) is rather interesting, as it evolved from rugby, as opposed to being reinvented. Of course, rugby evolved into the greatest game of all, rugby league, but that came much later. Of course, now that rugby union is professional, the gap is slowly closing, but it's got a long way to go. If you like Yank football, check out league, as they hit as hard as in American football (unlike rugby union), but without much in the way of protection. Protection is for wimps

As for you, Fraze, i know what you're going to say! We're going to get the usual that cricket is a minor game now, but the reality is that it is only minor now is England. Go to India and tell them that as they pile the wood under your feet Steve Waugh is a GOD in India, albeit less deified than Sachin Tendulkar. I still remember the news story about the Pakistani who shot himself in the head after they were beaten by India once! In Australia it's bigger than ever, yet we are constantly saddened about the state of the game in England

And Faded Glory, please spare me the "you don't have to be tall to be good at basketball" crap I met a whole team of short basketballers at a party for fat jockeys and old female gymnasts
                        Last edited by Lung; October 28, 2001, 20:02.

Comment

Of course I ment Fore

Not four..as in score no really

Redneck racing? Well being from Georgia myself...erm. I know all about rednecks. You see lung, rednecks are strange people. They drive old beat up pick up trucks and Fly the confedrate flag instead of the american one. They drink lots of Colt 45 and usaully smell bad . They tend to live in trailors and have a deep rooted loyalty to Dixie.

Oh sure lung

Rugby is fun...but the rest of the civilized world plays 'gridiron' with pads

As for Basketball

What can I say. Its the best sport on earth

Comment

Lung, I know some people in England view cricket as a minor sport but there is a sizable minority of people who still feel passionate about the sport and rue the dominance of football in the UK.

International cricket still generates a lot of media interest here, although county cricket struggles a little to compete.

Anyway it's not as bad as all that, we get thrashed by Australia, but we can hold our own against most of the rest, in test cricket that is, not been doing so well in the one dayers just lately, but hey maybe by the time the world cup comes around, who knows?

Umm the remark about piling wood under feet is unfortunate , we're having a hard time persuading our team to go to India in the current political climate, maybe they are just worried about the sudden raise in the suicide rate when we thrash them by an innings in the first test .
                            Last edited by Fraze; October 29, 2001, 13:12.

Comment

Working...
                            X