Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Blackice a few weeks back u asked the question wether PBEMs could be loaded as normal games on MP.

I have found somthing out.....

But deleting the .CSG on the file extension and placing it in the SP saved games folder. You can play a Single Player PBEM game.

I have yet to try on MP. I havent had lots o time on the weekends lately. But if you would try this, do this and try it I think it will work...

Change the desired PBEM game from (this is example) "PBEMTURN1.CSG" to simply "PBEMTURN"... delete the CSG. It should look like a simple windows application.

2) Place it in the C:\Program Files\Activision\Civilization-Call To Power\ctp_program\ctp\save\mp\any folder therein

3) make sure the people you are playing with have the correct mods etc...

4)Fire it up

It should, in theory atleast, work!

Comment

CTP Internet Game result

Game {Equality}
      Players {Franses, Gavrushka}
      Finishing order {Franses,Gavrushka}
      Game Description { This was an exceptional game. We were amazingly equal on the PG for more than 100 turns. Never seen such an equality before. However my science was a little bit better and therefore I expected to win easily. Not so. Gavrushka outmanouevred me by attacking vigorously and I had a hard time defending my position.
      We did not forbid Nukes and when I researched them the game was over in 3 turns. In fact this was a shame, not a worthy end to this magnificent game. Thanks Gavrushka. May we have more games like this and have fun with them longer since we will forbid Nukes from now on}

Advertisement:
      I very much like to play PBEM games but I am also very happy I started playing Internet games. Since it is so much faster a game is ended in two to five sessions. This is great. Feel free to join us. You will not regret it.
      Franses (like Ramses).

Comment

Franses I have been playing on via acitivsion server since the first patch came out. I do occassionally still drop and bye and play games with nuke boy and others. But right now, I am honestly tied up in my spare time. Other than posting and playing PBEM, the cellphone seems to be constantly ringing.....

Comment

Originally posted by faded glory
          Blackice a few weeks back u asked the question wether PBEMs could be loaded as normal games on MP.

I have found somthing out.....

But deleting the .CSG on the file extension and placing it in the SP saved games folder. You can play a Single Player PBEM game
          Do you mean that all the other players are taken over by AIs or what...

Comment

Ya thats what I mean.

You can also play internet games via SP. But this allows access to the dreaded cheat option..PBEM wont let u do that

Comment

No, I think what actually happens is it is like other players skip a turn.... The whole scenario was based around trying to convert a PBEM to and from internet play...it failed, Sadly Saddam, I think we were aware u could do this, but unfortunately it needs to go a step further before it is of any use..

Franses our game was the most enjoyable I had ever played - Normally a game takes shape, one side takes advantage, and the game is over - In this it swung back and forth, but you were an exceptional opponent, and I was beaten by a better player!
              He's back after a fashion...

Comment

GAv did you check out the other thing???

Send a MP saved game to the SP folder. Then open the SP mode and load the MP saved game. Open up the cheat option and make the desired changes. Send it back to MP folder and viola! You have just cheated :anrgy: now load it up with your adversary and play like nothing ever happened

So many freakin bugs

Comment

Thats why we play with people we trust - thats why I dropped out from Gameleague - yeh we know about all the bugs....but you know when we play - we don't use 'em - and hell we all have some good games here! - You should see the saves between me and Franses in the game he won - first he was in the lead, and the game looked over, then I countered, and I was convinced I was gonna win........ then BANG - in he came letting the nukes fly and there was nothing I could do........

I never knew you could edit the game then send it back to MP folder..... but needless to say I will never do that....Unless I find I am losing again.... ....... but of course that will never ever happen........ Holy poop I am gonna go Paulno1 Brother next...
                  He's back after a fashion...

Comment

Hey Gav, I think we never going to play on line, you are playing right now, but how do you do that if I was there all the time looking for you?

Well, anyone out there for a match?

Comment

I would but Im too busy watching Playboy Channel with my Girlfriend

Comment

OK, then I'm going to bed early tonight.

Comment

Hi BerXpert
                          Sorry I missed you last night.

I find that people from apolyton play fair, but so many others seem to cheat (GL). I don't know all the cheats, but it really spoils the game, 'cos they know before they start that unless their opponent knows the cheats they will win. After a time they start gloating, without giving clues as to how they amassed 2or3x cities loads of trade routes and mills in every city. Sorry for ranting and raving but these people piss me off. This game is not fun.

Comment

I know the problem has been discussed here prior to this; but
                            I after upgrading to the Apolyton mod that provides for PBEM and hotseat play have been able tobring up only the US no1 server. My question is two part.
                            1)How do I fix the server problem?
                            2)Is it possible to somehow use just the IP no#s of other players here in order to play on the net?
                            The world is a messy place, and unfortunately the messier it gets, the more work we have to do."

Comment

I'd like to be a rated player please. The highest level I've ever won a single player game at is emperor.

Also, does anyone want a game? I live in Britain but am fairly flexible over times.

Comment

Hi Mrs Porter,

wellcome to the Internet ratings, if you want to play the best day to find players is the saturday at 13:00 or 14:00 (your time) that's the meeting time arranged by many of us.

There are some players from europe (like Gavrushka or Darth Viper) so maybe a better time will be arranged with them.

If you want to play with me, I can next saturday but a little more late, like 19:00 your time and I have all the time you can handle in a game.

----

Hey Boney what about you, do you want the revange? Next time I'm going to mail you first before go to bed.

----

Vandal-1

1) To fix your server problem need to replace the servers.dat

2) I don't get the question, do you mean like "dialing" to your opponent? I don't think it's posible

Comment

Working...
                                X