Recognition time

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Recognition time

I would like to applaud the members here and gone who a few years ago started this PBEM for CTP.

Please adjust your sets and go back to the beginning of this forum and read the names of the people gone and here today...
    So many names and so many kudos past and present...

Applaud them for without their effort we would not be having the fun we are today...

Thanks

Cheers

Blackice

YoU HaVe To LoVe ThIs GaMe
    Last edited by blackice; August 10, 2001, 09:24.
    “The Communist Manifesto was correct…but…we see the privileges of the capitalist bourgeoisie yielding…to democratic organizations…In my judgment…success lies in a steady [peaceful] advance…[rather]…than in…a catastrophic crash."Eduard Bernstein
    Or do we?

The names, where are the names .
    Solver, WePlayCiv Co-Administrator
    I can kill you whenever I please... but not today. - The Cigarette Smoking Man

Comment

Originally posted by Solver
      The names, where are the names .
      Look to the left of your post, just above that silly picture.
      There's the name we need.
      veni vidi PWNED!

Comment

Hey, maybe it's time to open a Museum ?
        Zobo Ze Warrior
        --
        Your brain is your worst enemy!

Comment

I don't myself see the picture . But do you mean that strange name, Loeser, translated to German .

Comment

Originally posted by ZoboZeWarrior
            Hey, maybe it's time to open a Museum ?
            Good idea, I'll consider it.

Comment

If I am not mistaken the first PBEM game was started in that thread by Slamp... correct me if I am wrong.

MarkG had just announced the 1.2 patch with hotseat and PBEM abilities.

“The Communist Manifesto was correct…but…we see the privileges of the capitalist bourgeoisie yielding…to democratic organizations…In my judgment…success lies in a steady [peaceful] advance…[rather]…than in…a catastrophic crash."Eduard Bernstein
              Or do we?

Comment

It would be interesting to know just how many people have partaken in these CTP PBEM games since that first one.

Anyone volunteer to count?

Comment

Well, I have 10 fingers and 10 toes. I can't count beyond that
                  "I'm an engineer. I make slides that people can't read. Sometimes I eat donuts." - Alice

Comment

Originally posted by blackice

If I am not mistaken the first PBEM game was started in that thread by Slamp... correct me if I am wrong.

MarkG had just announced the 1.2 patch with hotseat and PBEM abilities.

Actually, Slamp's game was not the first.

The first three games started were; Monkey1, Monkey2 and US. Slamp's games eventually became the first to use a modified start. It used the Dutcheese scenario that was announced on that same page. It took a while to get started as Dutcheese had to tinker with the scenario to get it to work right. Slamp used that experience to create the Quick Start scenarios for the Aployton Pack. If you want a real challenge try a APQS game.
                    "The greatest happiness of life is the conviction that we are loved - loved for ourselves, or rather, loved in spite of ourselves."--Victor Hugo

Comment

Originally posted by Swissy

Actually, Slamp's game was not the first.

The first three games started were; Monkey1, Monkey2 and US. Slamp's games eventually became the first to use a modified start. It used the Dutcheese scenario that was announced on that same page. It took a while to get started as Dutcheese had to tinker with the scenario to get it to work right. Slamp used that experience to create the Quick Start scenarios for the Aployton Pack. If you want a real challenge try a APQS game.
                      I may be wrong but I always thought the Dutcheese game I started was the first apolyton game to use that mod. Slamps first game was a standard start. I know as I was the first to get eliminated from Slamp1 (by Slamp himself). Monkey1 is the oldest game here, partly due to it's slowness. It's speeded up a bit just lately though.

Comment

To my best knowledge, US game is the oldest of currently living games.

Comment

Frazer has got it right, Slamps first game was a standard game. It wasn't till sometime after that he created those APQS games.

Comment

The first player started a CTP PBEM game in Apolyton was Monkey with Monkey 1 followed sortly after by Monkey 2. Don't forget that Monkey 1 is still in progress which makes it beside the first, the oldest game in progress also.

Another think that is not well-known not even to some older players is that before Monkey 1 some guys were planning to start a PBEM game with 32 human players!!!

But of cource when the patch was released they relized that they couldn't...

Imagine having 32 people playing in a PBEM game?
                            A turn every one month!

Comment

A good name for that game would be:

"From The Craddle To The Grave"

Let's see a turn a month at 250 turns to complete is 20.83 years...

I could always pass my turn on to my grandchildren
                              Or do we?

Comment

Working...
                              X