Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Online multiplayer game tonight? Any1 wanna play? Also need new server.dat file.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That actually comes from norton internet security:
    The user has created a rule to ""permit"" communications. Outbound UDP packet Local address,service is (0.0.0.0,21125) Remote address,service is (128.241.27.51,21157) Process name is ""C:\Program Files\Activision\Civilization-Call To Power\ctp_program\CTP\CivCTP.exe.
    The ip address was for the nl server.

I also had it on and old disk they match. The servers from what I have seen so far are not a static ip address, but I have not taken a great long look at that.
    “The Communist Manifesto was correct…but…we see the privileges of the capitalist bourgeoisie yielding…to democratic organizations…In my judgment…success lies in a steady [peaceful] advance…[rather]…than in…a catastrophic crash."Eduard Bernstein
    Or do we?

Comment

Yes switch was well in use when you were up and running, who taught you that anyway? All lot of people dropped out of GL after that fiasco, turns out most all the top guys were using it and kept it to themselves. I digress you know that too don't you.

Yoda still about and considered by all as the master, numero uno in the world as we know it. Tough cookie, still a nice guy and an honest player. He bops in and out of here and the servers regularly. Niko the Great and kostas have not seen them since the great GL meltdown.

Now ramping make some small mine or fisheries then same turn drop large one's over top for what was it a quarter of the cost.

Another form of ramping is farm or mine under city, build a farm or mine on turn of completion drop a city on it.

I am sure someone will correct me if I have these wrong...

Switch buy as you may or may no know includes any same value building to unit.
      Last edited by blackice; May 4, 2004, 16:39.
      “The Communist Manifesto was correct…but…we see the privileges of the capitalist bourgeoisie yielding…to democratic organizations…In my judgment…success lies in a steady [peaceful] advance…[rather]…than in…a catastrophic crash."Eduard Bernstein
      Or do we?

Comment

I thought ramping was wanting something like a factory (or wonder) so u start by rushbuying say temple, then switching to say an aqua, rushbuying, switching to a ... until U get a factory bought cheaper than its normal gold cost
        He's back after a fashion...

Comment

Hummm I'll have to look into that, if so what do we call the mines, fisheries,mines city farm city tricks? I mean we have to have a catch word, I mean let's be real everything has a catch phase or word...

I had an email awhile back from activision who said they tested that and the cost remained the same, someone do the math, MATH! could ya do the math
          Or do we?

Comment

Math gave the suggestion suburban infra.. suburban farms and suburban mines..

Subinfra?

Comment

Would that not then just be an extention of the swap rush buy trick?

Two area's here, buildings and units, within the city and infrastructure.

Because in my book farm city mine city bug is the same as small mine, fisheries large mine, fisheries... Any of which create an unfair advantage to the opponent who knows not. Both are infrastructure bugs and are related no matter what spin you put on it.

Hell the whole thing is called ramping if you take the word for it's meaning.
              Or do we?

Comment

Who tought me switches? I like to think i invented it . Never used it to that extent shown here tough. Used it for wonders mainly in the early game. My main strength was however the micro management. Dunno if all the secrets have been revealed yet, and i cant remember them all. But in the guides etc ive seen on these forums dont shows all the small tweaks that have huge impact of the early game.
                veni, vidi, vici
                icq #51862133
                pint@c2i.net
                http://gameleague.apolyton.net

Comment

Are you talking Startegy Pin? If so please share it with us..

If you are talking something else.. Please share it with us..

Comment

ahhh.. micromanagement.. yeh there was a lot on that, changing the tiles being worked just as a science coming, or a unit coming out, so no wasted prod on a unit (as not saved to next) that sort of thing.. A lot of us know about it, but most don't always fully use it.. It makes the off turn quite busy..

Comment

Strategy yes, how to max ure growth in all fields early game, or til modern age. How ure settings on ration, workhours, wages, military alertness etc etc according to what goverment u have. Also take the factor number of cities and when to switch to infrastructure etc. I dont remember it all, just tested 1 game vs 3 deity comps yesterday and i still beat them by far. But need to test vs a few human players before ill say i remember the most. Yesterday was like my first ctp game for 4 years and i remembered little by little as the hours past by
                      veni, vidi, vici
                      icq #51862133
                      pint@c2i.net

Comment

Well there is an online game in 15 mins if you want to put it to the test?

Yeh we know much (but not all) about workday and the like.. what slider settings suit which government, how quick they run to full military, how to get the inc in city size timed just right, get the science advance just right, maxing growth in anarchy turns.. But I know there is still much not known... I am all ears..

You coming online?? Ice can host

Comment

ive tried with a m8 earlier today didnt get it to work, ill pop onto server and see if i can connect
                          veni, vidi, vici
                          icq #51862133
                          pint@c2i.net

Comment

I am sure Ice will sort it..

Comment

Reason i started ctp yesterday was that i found CTP on HD in an section i havent seen for like 4 years I only have version 1.2 installed.
                              Tried to update to 1.21 but it wouldnt do it. I assume its bcz i either have 1.21 but dont know about it. Or bcz i have formatted windows partion a few times since i installed ctp, and therefor cant find it.
                              My ctp cd wasnt here in my appartment, i assume its in my parents house. So im trying downloading from a m8 now, but as we speak that download was stopped. Any1 with a fast ftp that could let me download CTP image would be highly appreciated, so i can try to reinstall ctp and patch it proper. And yes i have the original game lying home with my parents, but thats a 7 hour drive away so not going there for a while.
                              veni, vidi, vici
                              icq #51862133
                              pint@c2i.net

Comment

im on the nl server lobby. If u cant see me or i cant see you i assume its becouse u have 1.21 installed and i have 1.2...
                                veni, vidi, vici
                                icq #51862133
                                pint@c2i.net

Comment

Working...
                                X