Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Online multiplayer game tonight? Any1 wanna play? Also need new server.dat file.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Online multiplayer game tonight? Any1 wanna play? Also need new server.dat file.

Hey, long time since i played ctp now, but got the desire to play a few games again. I do not wanna play pbme, but online games. Anything from 1-3 others would be nice

Contact me on msn, tskaalan@broadpark.no if u wanna play.

Also on my server list i only get 2 servers up, dunno if theres no more anymore, but back in the days it was like 10 server, so if there should be more, could any1 be so kind to upload a fresh server.dat file?

Also i do not play any mods, but the good old ctp with just the activision patch.
    veni, vidi, vici
    icq #51862133
    pint@c2i.net
    http://gameleague.apolyton.net

Re: Online multiplayer game tonight? Any1 wanna play? Also need new server.dat file.

Originally posted by Pin
    Hey, long time since i played ctp now, but got the desire to play a few games again. I do not wanna play pbme, but online games. Anything from 1-3 others would be nice

Contact me on msn, tskaalan@broadpark.no if u wanna play.

Also on my server list i only get 2 servers up, dunno if theres no more anymore, but back in the days it was like 10 server, so if there should be more, could any1 be so kind to upload a fresh server.dat file?

Also i do not play any mods, but the good old ctp with just the activision patch.
    PIN!!!

Long time!!

It is I..well.when we played..I was known as Patton or DrDanger...Red October..were 3 of my nicnames..

Back when we had Catete..DrBibber..Aero Lusitano...Quebec...MrBlack..that SoU&l Clan from Toronto I believe...as well as Thomas Diemar from Deutchland..

You were in Military If I Remember correctly!!

Its been like 4-5 years ago I believe???

Man..

I been bragging on you for awhile here!!

Watch yourself though..some folks here want a piece of the legend..

Great to see you about!!

I tried joining your game but to no avail...

not sure why...

at any rate

WELCOME HOME!!!!!

Peace

Grandpa Troll
    Attached Files
    Hi, I'm RAH and I'm a Benaholic.-rah

Comment

Great, a nordic player ! I still haven't played any online game due to the XP-network issue together with CTP.
      Some say that it will work if the game starter have win98. I'm willing to give it another try.

©Dimytes 2004

Comment

hmm, im running win xp now, did use win98 back in the days when i played much
        I do however have dual boot, if some1 wanna give it a try to fix it, plz contact me on msn.

Hi Patton
        long time no see...
        Well i got tired of ctp after my army time was finished, couldnt find a challeng in it anymore. Tried vs the 3 comps last night, couldnt remember all the tweaks, but most of it came back Beat deity lvl by far, even tough thats not a big accomplishment.

You know if anyone else is around? Like Merlin, Yoda, the two guys from greece, Niko the Great and kostas?

And btw should i have more then 2 servers in my server list? Would be nice if someone could upload a fresh servers.dat file to me if it should.

And any info on the winxp network bug would be highly appreciated. Does it work if the host use win2k? or run the executable in the win98 mode thats available in winxp?
        veni, vidi, vici
        icq #51862133
        pint@c2i.net

Comment

Originally posted by Dimytes
          Great, a nordic player ! I still haven't played any online game due to the XP-network issue together with CTP.
          Some say that it will work if the game starter have win98. I'm willing to give it another try.

©Dimytes 2004
          Yeh apparantly it will.. I run XP and cannot host.. But never a problem with playing even with my firewall up, and at max. Just created exception rule for CTP prgram.
          He's back after a fashion...

Comment

Originally posted by Pin
            hmm, im running win xp now, did use win98 back in the days when i played much
            I do however have dual boot, if some1 wanna give it a try to fix it, plz contact me on msn.

Hi Patton
            long time no see...

You know if anyone else is around? Like Merlin, Yoda, the two guys from greece, Niko the Great and kostas?

And btw should i have more then 2 servers in my server list? Would be nice if someone could upload a fresh servers.dat file to me if it should.
            I use WIN98SE to play CTP..)also Dual Boot!)something to do with the files,IIRC..FAT32 vs NTSF..

Yes..Patton..er..Grandpa Troll enjoys seeing you also!!

Yoda is around..

Merlin..gone..

Niko & Kostas..ahh... where have they gone??..Ouzo maybe

Yes 2 servers only...

Peace

Grandpa "Feeling-Younger-with Pin-here-now"Troll
            Attached Files

Comment

On the evenings I am happy to play for up to three or so hours..

Nice to see a bit of life coming back into CTP Online.. We had a (brief) 5 player this weekend, could have been six..

Comment

Originally posted by Pin
                Well i got tired of ctp after my army time was finished, couldnt find a challeng in it anymore. Tried vs the 3 comps last night, couldnt remember all the tweaks, but most of it came back Beat deity lvl by far, even tough thats not a big accomplishment.
                There are some good players around now, and yes most play by the book, un modded, no bugs, tricks, cheats, all based on ability.

Comment

Originally posted by Gavrushka

There are some good players around now, and yes most play by the book, un modded, no bugs, tricks, cheats, all based on ability.
                  In this picture..I am on the left...

EVERYONE ELSE PLAYING CALL TO POWER IS DEPICTED AND CAN BE PLUGGED IN ON THE RIGHT!!

Ouchie..hope i get a chance one day to fight back?

Peace

#2098765438695 ......and trying harder!!!

EDIT:

Above number based on an independant survey of people who have played or who would play Call To Power this milenium. Based on a +/- 100% curve correction.

Grandpa Troll
                  Attached Files

Comment

Gavrushka what ports need to be forwarded? im using a hardware router config, actually 2 routers (long story dont ask why ) just need to know what ports to nat to my box.

Also if any1 wanna play a game with me ill hang around in the Apolyton chat whenever im online.
                    veni, vidi, vici
                    icq #51862133
                    pint@c2i.net

Comment

No Idea..

I have forwarded query to Blackice, who I am sure will be able to help, HOWEVER I do know he turns off router (I think I know) to play.

Comment

It shouldnt be neccesary to turn it off....
                        veni, vidi, vici
                        icq #51862133
                        pint@c2i.net

Comment

21157 is the port, welcome back Pin, do you need to be brought up to speed on switch rush buy trick or ramping?
                          As far as severs there are only two now.
                          “The Communist Manifesto was correct…but…we see the privileges of the capitalist bourgeoisie yielding…to democratic organizations…In my judgment…success lies in a steady [peaceful] advance…[rather]…than in…a catastrophic crash."Eduard Bernstein
                          Or do we?

Comment

ramping i dont know, the switch rush buy trick is an old one i know about
                            veni, vidi, vici
                            icq #51862133
                            pint@c2i.net

Comment

u sure its port 21157? and not 2157 or something, it sounded like a very high port.
                              veni, vidi, vici
                              icq #51862133
                              pint@c2i.net

Comment

Working...
                              X