Internet Multiplayer Problems

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Internet Multiplayer Problems

OK, here is the deal. Me and my friend have been playing ctp for a while. Now he bought a new PC and suddenly we are unable to join each others games, though we can see and talk in the lobby. Does anyone have an idea how to solve this?

thanks,

Stephan
    Ash nazg dubratuluk
    ash nazg gimbatul
    ash nazg trakutaluk
    agh burmuz-ishi krimpatul

Did he have win98 before and now he has XP? Cause i cant join or host any games with XP, its not the firewall or anything. Ive known people not have any problems with XP, i use a win98 partition now anyway.
    Call to Power 2: Apolyton Edition - download the latest version (12th June 2011)
    CtP2 AE Wiki & Modding Reference
    One way to compile the CtP2 Source Code.

Comment

Yeh, he is running XP, and has already turned his Firewall off. But I'm running XP aswell and it does work here so that's pretty strange. I think there must be some setting that I have set differently than him, but which one
      Ash nazg dubratuluk
      ash nazg gimbatul
      ash nazg trakutaluk

Comment

Azrael, how where you able to set up a multiplayer game in XP? I haven't been able to do that yet and I am running XP.

©Dimytes 2004

Comment

Uhm, I don't really know I didn't have many problems with it except that I had to turn on: 'Automatically Detect Settings' in the 'Internet Options'/'Connections Tab'/'Lan Settings'. Maybe that will work for u also? (Though I thought I needed that because of my network here)
          Ash nazg dubratuluk
          ash nazg gimbatul
          ash nazg trakutaluk

Comment

Originally posted by Azrael
            Uhm, I don't really know I didn't have many problems with it except that I had to turn on: 'Automatically Detect Settings' in the 'Internet Options'/'Connections Tab'/'Lan Settings'. Maybe that will work for u also? (Though I thought I needed that because of my network here)
            Two VERY common problems are this with XP:

IF you are lucky/fortunate to join game where the host has XP..this has happened to me a few times out of a 100+ not often though....

U most proably will not NOT be able to load a save game..due to the error message "No scenario found"

I have heard it was due to FAT32 files sytem on WIN98/95 versus NTSF on XP..

That being said..most times..NO JOINING A MP GAME..PERIOD!

Thats the way it is and has been for quite some time.

Thats also why I have a partitioned hardrive with 98se and XP installed..

I play most games on XP with exception of CTP which is of course on 98 side...

PBEM has no problems as of this date on XP..just the MP is a SNAFU!!..or FUBR to be exact

Peace

Grandpa Troll
            Attached Files
            Hi, I'm RAH and I'm a Benaholic.-rah

Comment

Hmm, well I don't understand that because I've been on XP for quite sometime now and have been able to play MP game's as host.
              Ash nazg dubratuluk
              ash nazg gimbatul
              ash nazg trakutaluk

Comment

Hmm, well I don't understand that because I've been on XP for quite sometime now and have been able to play MP game's as host.
                If the person joining is 98se..no problems playing..

How about reloading a saved game?

Do you not get the "No Scenario Found" message?

If you have no problems..enjoy..you will be one of the first...

GT
                Attached Files

Comment

Azrael what changes did you make to your network settings, other than autodetect?

Did you set up a dmz?
                  “The Communist Manifesto was correct…but…we see the privileges of the capitalist bourgeoisie yielding…to democratic organizations…In my judgment…success lies in a steady [peaceful] advance…[rather]…than in…a catastrophic crash."Eduard Bernstein
                  Or do we?

Comment

Ice:

I don't remember making other changes, but it has been a few months so I might have forgotten it BTW what's a dmz?

Troll:

I have had the 'pleasure' to meet the infamous 'scenario not found error' when reloading a safe game. But I've also been able to play normal games when running XP without it. If I remember correctly I have even played a game with two people and we were both running XP but I would have to check that.
                    Ash nazg dubratuluk
                    ash nazg gimbatul
                    ash nazg trakutaluk

Comment

Ice:

I don't remember making other changes, but it has been a few months so I might have forgotten it BTW what's a dmz?

Troll:

I have had the 'pleasure' to meet the infamous 'scenario not found error' when reloading a safe game. But I've also been able to play normal games when running XP without it. If I remember correctly I have even played a game with two people and we were both running XP but I would have to check that.
                      Me too ...for no rhyme or reason..but for the most part no scenraio found pops up...

Good luck.and share what your progress is so as we may all leanr and maybe eventually permantly bypass this ugly obstacle...!!

GT
                      Attached Files

Comment

Dmz is when you allow, though a router a computer to freely access the internet, say for a server reason.

I would have to guess you have made changes because stock load of xp does not allow ctp to work.

If I knew the port address of the game servers I may be able to create anenvironment for it to work.

You see the problem is you can log on the servers but as soon as you connect to a game xp does not allow for the change in ip address. So no connection, a dmz should allow xp to change on the fly the new ip.

Curious could you check to see if you have disabled your ICS and Firewall in xp?
                        “The Communist Manifesto was correct…but…we see the privileges of the capitalist bourgeoisie yielding…to democratic organizations…In my judgment…success lies in a steady [peaceful] advance…[rather]…than in…a catastrophic crash."Eduard Bernstein
                        Or do we?

Comment

Working...
                        X