What is happening to PBEM ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What is happening to PBEM ?

Since 18 feb, I have not received a single turn from ANY of the PBEM games I am in.

Did everybody abandon normal pbem and move to the superleague ?
    veni vidi PWNED!

Re: What is happening to PBEM ?

Originally posted by Flandrien
    Since 18 feb, I have not received a single turn from ANY of the PBEM games I am in.

Did everybody abandon normal pbem and move to the superleague ?
    No..in fact it appears to be s-l-o-w everywhere..except a few dedicated players Flandrien

Sad..but some folks start a game and decide not to continue and just drop out of sight..

Sadder even still that you invest all sorts of time and then the player decides to quit and your left with no win..

I guess what i wiull do then is when I am almost done a game..simply quit...

then i dont get a loss

& the other player doesnt get a win..

That wouldnt be too sporeting but thats what happens..unfortunate as it is....

Need a Cop to enforce the rules...and let the player whom hangs in have the win...maybe we need to take this to a real,high court...but then appeals,hearings and such..legal battles..infinite counter appeals..
    Attached Files
    Hi, I'm RAH and I'm a Benaholic.-rah

Comment

Re: Re: What is happening to PBEM ?

Originally posted by Grandpa Troll

No..in fact it appears to be s-l-o-w everywhere..except a few dedicated players Flandrien

Sad..but some folks start a game and decide not to continue and just drop out of sight..

Sadder even still that you invest all sorts of time and then the player decides to quit and your left with no win..

I guess what i wiull do then is when I am almost done a game..simply quit...

then i dont get a loss

& the other player doesnt get a win..

That wouldnt be too sporeting but thats what happens..unfortunate as it is....

Need a Cop to enforce the rules...and let the player whom hangs in have the win...maybe we need to take this to a real,high court...but then appeals,hearings and such..legal battles..infinite counter appeals..
      I see that you are very serious about this issue, Grandpa Troll. I will see what I can do about your "no win" against MPTeach. Can you email me your last turn with him -- to quinn2084@yahoo.com? I'll look at the game and decide if you would have won the game had you continue. You're right, if you were going to win the game and he just quit, you should get credit for the win.

Comment

Steve

Dont worry about it..I was just venting or sharing so that Flandrien would not run away, simply understand how people pop up and pop out

As for MPTeach, I was so darned ticked that we had a great game going..I opened his turn about 4 weeks after he dissappeared..I noticed why I was whooping him and would almost bet he knew what was up too...

He had several cities nearly full of phalanx and was building several small cities up instead of expansion and research/trade..

PLUS..when we met..and IIRC, he posted somewhere here we met fairly early on...he attacked me for no reason..killed i say..killed an innocent warrior chief of mine!!

Soooo..I sez 2 meself.."SELF!" (I often taklk to myself..if I can get a word in that is

Keep on lookout..

so...yonder comes this pretty little red riding hood of a settler..swaying her hips back and forth and well my boys could hold back no longer..they drug her in the woods..and well..being a "G" Rated sight..I will let the story end there

I will say she got the vote from my platoon as "Most Likely to.........."

At anyrate..he and I were on a duel dual..and on other game I was in a lot of ice and still whooping him..

Thats beeen a long time..

So I just deleted the games after I made a post where you had stated that when a player quits the game is just over..time invested is just that time invested..

I was peeved but like other of life's unfair deals..

I simply moved on..

I wont play with that guy again..nope...and unless I know the person wont play again in a game..for the reasons of not being rewarded when a person leaves..

Quinns, my point is this:

Look at how long some of these games are going on..some turns every 3-4 months..that should be..subs in and subs out...

I just feel thatafter such a time a player should be dropped....and last man standing be rewarded the points..

thats just me..Manager in Real Life with authority and no authority to right a wrong here....

Peace

Grandpa "Saddened-but-alas-otay" Troll
        Attached Files
        Hi, I'm RAH and I'm a Benaholic.-rah

Comment

Flandrien, join the challenge ladder. Most players on the ladder respond within 24-48h. I think all players on it should be playing activley atm.

Comment

I see. Thanks for the explanation, Troll. My only reason for the no-win-or-loss-for-a-quitter rule was to counter the flip side of your reasonable logic. That is -- Imagine a player, Julius, who started games with dozens of players that he knew would most likely quit (or negotiated with the would-be quitter before the game to have them quit after a few turns under an alias) -- The games go on for 10 turns and then the quitters quit -- Julius claims victory in dozens of games without finishing any of them. It is a bit far fetched, but it is possible. I wanted to discourage anyone considering this technique to rack up wins in the win column and distort the standings.

Comment

Working...
            X