Question to Power

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question to Power

Shouldnt a PBEM game that is started with Power Slic 2 only require the Slic when it is started ?
    I tried to start a PBEM game with ricketyclik, using the Power Slic 2, but he wasnt able to load the game, at least not without a mass of error messages.

Can anyone help me ?

oh, and i tried the Help Desk Thread

but i couldnt post there.
    Baal: "You dare mock me ?"
    O'Neill: "Baal, c'mon, you should know ... Of course I dare mock you."

the title should have been
    "Question to Power Slic 2"
    by the way. i accidentally hit ENTER before completing the line

Comment

Do you remember what I said about Power Slic (as part of the Apolyton Pack) in the OFT thread? The essence is: The scenario (Apolyton Pack) is required by each player and you cannot load the turn files by double-clicking.

Have a look at the posts here and here.

Comment

oh alright. i must admit i didnt read all your posts in this thread completely
        but i really thought the slics were saved into the save game file... well... too bad, power slics would have been nice.

do you know any modification that gives city growth messages that are NOT required by all players ?
        i the Giant Bird game we certainly use one, but i dont know which one.

Comment

Originally posted by Mathemagician
          do you know any modification that gives city growth messages that are NOT required by all players ?
          i the Giant Bird game we certainly use one, but i dont know which one.
          Of course I know at least one: The OFT scenario .
          There are also city growth messages in "Eagles at War", but I'm just a replacement player there, so I don't know which scenario was used originally.

Comment

If bombardment warnings and city growth messages is all you need, then you can use a "modified" version of the OFT scenario. Simply delete lines 1 to 890 (the tech stuff) and everything after line 1020 (the free warrior stuff) in the file "oft_slic.slc" of the latest version (0.04) of the scenario. Simple enough, isn't it ?

Comment

Originally posted by hatschy
              If bombardment warnings and city growth messages is all you need, then you can use a "modified" version of the OFT scenario. Simply delete lines 1 to 890 (the tech stuff) and everything after line 1020 (the free warrior stuff) in the file "oft_slic.slc" of the latest version (0.04) of the scenario. Simple enough, isn't it ?
              ugh. i'll try in a relaxed hour.

Comment

Working...
              X