i cant play MP says something about dial up

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• i cant play MP says something about dial up

I have a cable modem so i dont know what dial up has to do with anyting, im running win xp can anyone help me?
    Hab 2:3 For the vision [is] yet for an appointed time, but at the end it shall speak, and not lie: though it tarry, wait for it; because it will surely come, it will not tarry.

Do you have an up-to-date server file for CTP?
    So one guy turns to another guy and says "T.A.I." His friends says "What?" He responds by saing "Think about it;)"

Comment

yes, but i had to enable auto detect settings

yes i have an updated sever file.

To fix my problem i had to go to the control panel and click on internet options and then goto[B] connections tab[\B] and hit [B}LAN settings[\B] and then enable [B]detect settings automatically[\B]

from what i hear thats a common problem among people with cable modems. thanx
      Hab 2:3 For the vision [is] yet for an appointed time, but at the end it shall speak, and not lie: though it tarry, wait for it; because it will surely come, it will not tarry.

Comment

from what i hear thats a common problem among people with cable modems. thanx

Kind'a makes sense does it not? IE: set up your internet before you set up an online computer game.
        “The Communist Manifesto was correct…but…we see the privileges of the capitalist bourgeoisie yielding…to democratic organizations…In my judgment…success lies in a steady [peaceful] advance…[rather]…than in…a catastrophic crash."Eduard Bernstein
        Or do we?

Comment

How was that supposed to make sense

Ive played other games online and i never had to mess with my internet settings. Even newer activision games worked fine, i think the problems comes in because civilization wasnt designed for cable modems and win xp.

Comment

Re: How was that supposed to make sense

Originally posted by mpteach
            Ive played other games online and i never had to mess with my internet settings. Even newer activision games worked fine, i think the problems comes in because civilization wasnt designed for cable modems and win xp.
            I can play with win xp too
            You need the servers.dat thats all, i hope

Comment

i think the problems comes in because civilization wasnt designed for cable modems and win xp.

Winxp no cable modem no, if one has a modem (56k) and a lan, (cable) windows defaults to the 56k. It always has. The idea then would be to create a connection with the lan (cable) before you set up any online games.

It is NAT and internet security and incompatability with the dated server that causes most grief.

98 windows will always default back to the 56k in a power outage situation.

xp is much better but until the connection is made it will default to the 56k.
              “The Communist Manifesto was correct…but…we see the privileges of the capitalist bourgeoisie yielding…to democratic organizations…In my judgment…success lies in a steady [peaceful] advance…[rather]…than in…a catastrophic crash."Eduard Bernstein
              Or do we?

Comment

nvm I'll just need an updated server.dat file
                Last edited by Azrael; December 13, 2003, 13:47.
                Ash nazg dubratuluk
                ash nazg gimbatul
                ash nazg trakutaluk
                agh burmuz-ishi krimpatul

Comment

I can play with win xp too
                  You need the servers.dat thats all, i hope

Hummm the servers we play on are not NAT compliant, so you can get into the chat area no problem but that is where the problem starts. XP accept's the ip addy there but when you start a game XP does not accept the new addy.

You want a good fast connection just exchange your ip addy with an oponent and set it up with dx.
                  Or do we?

Comment

Working...
                  X