Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help!!! WIN2000 solution

Hi,

I was speaking with Blackice and he mentioned there is a solution to the WIN2000 problem for playing/saving MP games of CTP. Does anyone know what the solution is? It is getting really frustrating not being able to host and save games.

Thanks,
    yoda

Hi Yoda,

What did Blackice say? He usually has the solution to these types of problems.

One of these days, if you get your system working again, we should finish our game! Or start a new one. You are still king of the hill

Comment

Rickety has this solution RICK could you guide the man though this?
      “The Communist Manifesto was correct…but…we see the privileges of the capitalist bourgeoisie yielding…to democratic organizations…In my judgment…success lies in a steady [peaceful] advance…[rather]…than in…a catastrophic crash."Eduard Bernstein
      Or do we?

Comment

Your dsl using pppoe right?

If so go here for the fix:

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;[LN];q273587

I am sure that is your cure, if not let me know.
        “The Communist Manifesto was correct…but…we see the privileges of the capitalist bourgeoisie yielding…to democratic organizations…In my judgment…success lies in a steady [peaceful] advance…[rather]…than in…a catastrophic crash."Eduard Bernstein
        Or do we?

Comment

Originally posted by blackice
          Rickety has this solution RICK could you guide the man though this?
          Are you referring to the turnloop gamesave thingy? I never mastered it. Other than that, I'm not sure what you're talking about

Comment

I hope I have the right person?

Do you have win2k on your system?
            If so how did you enable the network protocals to allow hosting and joining games in win2k?
            Or do we?

Comment

Ah, now I know what you're talking about. It was a problem with my router's firewall, or at least, something to do with my lan. I did a work around in the end. I don't think that's yoda's problem though.

Comment

Originally posted by ricketyclik
                Ah, now I know what you're talking about. It was a problem with my router's firewall, or at least, something to do with my lan. I did a work around in the end. I don't think that's yoda's problem though.
                Actually, I have two problems. The first is a win2000 save problem. When I reload, it always comes up saying "scenario not found".

The second is my hardware firewall. To get around it, I disconnect the firewall. I am using a DLink701 router/firewall. I tried opening up 21000 to 21300 UDP ports, but it didn't help. With the firewall up, I can't enter the NL library or join games.

Thanks for any help.
                yoda

Comment

I am sure it is the same problem Yoda you should let Rick guide you through the network settings to enable win2k first. Once online and gaming I will help with the dlink ok?

I f you remember Rick your win2k network settings enough to get Yoda active I am sure I can rip though the dlink, mind you with your help it could be both problems solved in one shot.

Would you mind helping?
                  Or do we?

Comment

I think the scenario not found problem is related to the game setup. If you save a game someone else started with a scenario that you don't have? I'm at work, so I'll investigate my network settings when I get home.

With the router (mine's a DLink too), the only solution I found was to bypass the computer with CtP (and other on-line games) around the router firewall (I've forgotten the terminology for that) and run a software firewall on it. The DLink firewall settings just didn't let it happen. If you have a better way Blackice, I would be very happy to know it

Comment

Back to the dlink 701 bad news Yoda it only allows a few ports to be open at a time so online gaming with that router and CTP is not going to be easy.

The best bet is zone alarm and 1 turn off the dlink firewall...
                      Or do we?

Comment

On my DLink (704P) you can set up a DMZ (Demilitarised Zone) to on the computer you play CtP from, which allows the DLink firewall to remain intact for any other pc's connected to it.

Comment

Not this one 2 ports maximum welcome to the new age of security...

Well maybe just get him going with the 2000 bit and we'll see what we can do about the dlink.
                          Or do we?

Comment

I'm not sure quite what you're looking for with the Win2K thing. I can't recall having to adjust anything

Comment

Originally posted by ricketyclik
                              I'm not sure quite what you're looking for with the Win2K thing. I can't recall having to adjust anything
                              I can save a win2k MP game as a single player with AI, but any MP save with another player comes up with "scenario not found". I sure hope someone has the answer cause I really don't want to have to go back to win98.

yoda

Comment

Working...
                              X