Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hmm, interesting argument. I would be inclined to say that you can redo turns where this happens. However, in this case it doesn't matter, as Quinns stated that he would not have been able to stop the warrior anyway.
    Humanity has the stars in its future, and that future is too important to be lost under the burden of juvenile folly and ignorant superstition.
    - Isaac Asimov, 1920-1992

Comment

• i would argue that if, without the graphics bug, you would have been able to prevent the disaster, you should be allowed to go back and do so.
      Baal: "You dare mock me ?"
      O'Neill: "Baal, c'mon, you should know ... Of course I dare mock you."

Comment

• I reckon the graphics bug is part of CtP, and needs to be factored into play, ie, no backtrack.

Comment

• seems like the community is quite divided here.
          i suggest we find a way to handle those situations that seems fair to the majority..

Comment

• We could have a vote if you like, right here, right now. It seems it is 4 to 2 in favor of "No Back Tracking" right now. Let's see who else weighs in on the matter.

Comment

• ah whatever. i dont bother counting. unless someone else wants a voting, i'll accept the no backtracking rule.

Comment

• I think barbarian taking cities, with or without graph bug, is a risk you have in the game, like when your civilization revolt. In a game with Birdman that happens to him and we don't replay the turn.

I wont replay in this cases.

Comment

• killl the bug
                  anyway

Comment

• Originally posted by Mathemagician
                    ah whatever. i dont bother counting. unless someone else wants a voting, i'll accept the no backtracking rule.
                    Okay Math, that's good. (But we can only find the "majority" by "counting" votes... )

Comment

• okay, so if you do a voting, i vote "backtrack ON"

Comment

• I am sure most know my attitude to this question

And it is (of course): Backtrack OFF

In addition to both Davids and BerXperts comments, I did loose my capitol to a babarian in the very start of my challengegame with Lung.

I had only two ( or was it 3 - i am not sure anymore, getting old you see) cities at that time, and I knew I was loosing the most important one the moment I entered a ruin 2 tiles away from my undefended capitol and released a babarian!

I tell you, I got very cold a certain place between my legs when I realised what I had done........
                        Last edited by TheBirdMan; June 19, 2003, 14:55.
                        First they ignore you. Then they laugh at you. Then they fight you. Then you win.

Gandhi

Comment

• well, birdman, what you did was your own calculated risk.
                          that isnt what we are talking about, is it ?
                          we were talking about the graphics bug causing you to lose the game !

as for ruin tiles:
                          to my experience, until before 3000 BC ruins never bring about barbarians, and if the ruin was 2 tiles away from your capital, why didnt you enter it much earlier ?

oh, and how cold did it get between your legs ? brrr

Comment

• Originally posted by Mathemagician
                            as for ruin tiles:
                            to my experience, until before 3000 BC ruins never bring about barbarians, and if the ruin was 2 tiles away from your capital, why didnt you enter it much earlier ?
                            There were no ruins in our game. The barbarian just APPEARED out of the 3 distant black tile on turn 20.

Comment

• Originally posted by quinns

There were no ruins in our game. The barbarian just APPEARED out of the 3 distant black tile on turn 20.
                              that question was for birdman, quinns.

Comment

• Comment

Working...
                                X