X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TheBirdMan
    Update:

25. Chlg 25 Mathemagician vs. TheBirdMan; Started Nov-2002 -- In progress.

Turn 201: The Dornheimers defence points are now under control of the WAF (Wiking Armed Forces) serving their glorious nation PDRS (Peoples Democratic Republic of Scandinavia).
    The barbarian nations of Scotland and France are both close to annihilation. A great taskforce of marines have broken the Scottish lines and the Wiking fighters are killing every Scottish units, who dares come into the open. France is nearly conquered as it was so unlucky to be squized between PDRS and Dornheim – and because I needed their cities to hide my tanks for the eyes of the Dornheim sattlites.
    Turn 207: Heavy fightings have occured. The Dornheimers conterattack have been furious and brave and the casualties we have suffered have been very high.

Today the WAF was ordered to stop the Dornheimers on what was known as French soil.

A nuke was launced at the Dornheimers Highsee fleet, 17 ships burned up in the great fire.

A secret agent detonated a small nuclear device in a now annihilaed city and all the Dornheimer troops was killed - unfortunately my agent was killed while he followed his order.

Later a new nuke was dropped over a Dornheimer city and the garrison there killed.

Paratroopers have also been used, securing an undefended Dornheimer city just across the bay.

The war against the scottish AI is kept on a very low level - so it has to be.
    First they ignore you. Then they laugh at you. Then they fight you. Then you win.

Gandhi

Comment

Nukes! My God!!

Comment

Originally posted by quinns
        Nukes! My God!!
        just yesterday i heard a quote of Einstein on TV:
        "I don't know with which weapons the 3rd world war will be waged, but i know which weapons will be used in the 4th world war: maces and stones !"
        Baal: "You dare mock me ?"
        O'Neill: "Baal, c'mon, you should know ... Of course I dare mock you."

Comment

Originally posted by TheBirdMan
          Update:
          42. Chlg 42 TheBirdMan vs. Hatschy; Started Feb-2003 -- In progress.

Turn 194: My nation of Native Americans have finally started their war against the evil enemy. For a long time, my nation have builded up, just waiting for the orders to attack. It came yesterday.
          20 bombers have unleased their cargo, more than 20 artillery and navyships have bombarded the enemy. 7 full-manned marine divisions was placed in a long frontline, supported by 2 division of tanks plus a large number of fighters was ordered to move north. Two nukes (one placed by a spy) weres released over selected cities.
          The enemy made a counterattack with more tanks than expected – but I expect the attack can be continued as large reinforcements are coming in by ships and by air all the time.
          Turn 202:

My invasion from sea has failed

But my invasion from space..... See, that is a very good question right now.

More to follow very soon.
          First they ignore you. Then they laugh at you. Then they fight you. Then you win.

Gandhi

Comment

61. Chlg 61 berXpert vs. quinns; Started Jun-2003 -- In progress.

Comment

player needed in my 8 people game to replace lunger75:

Comment

Turn 21 sent to quinns. I just found my 4th city.

Only 2 cities had river so it won be easy to grow and my gold = science is very bad. In fact my SCI now is 0

Comment

Mathemagician beats ricketyclik in turn 250 due to 4xPG.
                  Graph (hopefully) attached.
                  Attached Files

Comment

btw, im the Dornheimer, he is Australian.
                    i assume this puts me in place 7 in the ladder, just enough to challenge lung, which i hereby do.

the last turn versus ricketyclik i try to attach to this post.
                    Attached Files

Comment

• Alas, it is true I have been defeated once more, by the able Mathemagician.

Comment

• new challenge match started:
                        ricketyclik vs. Mathemagician the second

Comment

• 61. Chlg 61 berXpert def. quinns(Resigned); Started Jun-2003 -- Finished Jun-2003; Turns 23.

Invisible Barbarians overran my undefended capitol on turn 23!

Comment

• Originally posted by quinns
                            61. Chlg 61 berXpert def. quinns(Resigned); Started Jun-2003 -- Finished Jun-2003; Turns 23.

Invisible Barbarians overran my undefended capitol on turn 23!
                            quite stupid, those graphic errors.
                            cant you go back 1 or 2 turns to prevent such a stupid thing ?
                            this is no way a challenge game should end...

Comment

• No, Math. It shouldn't end this way -- but it did! The bugs have to be factored in and allowed to occur where they can't be controlled, otherwise we would always be backing up and replaying turns to avoid the bugs. Once a turn is played, it must stand, IMO. In hind sight, I never should have left my capitol undefended AND have blind tiles two tiles away from my capitol! The invisible warrior was visible but it showed that it was 4 tiles away from Washington D.C. in the BLACK region. During screen scrolling, the warrior stood next to my capitol, then moved back 4 tiles away when I stopped scrolling (damned bugs). Anyway, I couldn't have stopped the destruction of my capitol even if I saw the barbarian warrior adjacent -- it came in from the blind side of the city -- due east. There was no time to rush buy a warrior.

Comment

• To quote the everwise Birdman when i ask him about the phantom warriors.

"It's a bug, but I like it, keeps the edge on."
                                If it ain't broke, find a bigger hammer.

Comment

Working...
                                X