Clear All

Ah yes. Of course. You are Mathemagician, not Quinns

Then yes, you have showed a severe lack of skill in this area

Comment

Status Report from my games:
      enjoy

Me vs. David42one - turn 10
      "Cypriotic Conflict"

my "Turkish" have already met his "Greek" warriors. the other side seems to be ready for war, while my warriors still wait for a potential greek provocation before being put to red alert.
      it seems the world is rather small and still claimed by wilderness, with a large variety of animal population prospering in the lush forests.

Me vs. ricketyclik - turn 71

my fierce "Dornheimers" are fighting off a horde of barbarian and semi-civilized tribes, which are obviously viewing our race as their private slave ressource.
      some radical groups in my people have already adopted a similar attitude and are now in turn enslaving this scum of slavers. the government doesnt yet see a reason to stop this behaviour, as 'guest workers' are very welcome in our country.
      also, it seems like some of these so-called "civilzations" are preparing a major military strike against us. they surprised us in our northern sparsely colonized lands with a large army, but enforcements are underway from the south.

rumors fly of a more civilized nation called the "Australians" somewhere further off. we are hoping for a more peaceful contact one day with them.
      the Australians have recently finished a large religiously dedicated sanctiuary which travellers refer to as "The Ramayana".
      my folk however, is more focusing on science and non-religious ethics, prospering still from the already 100s of years old "Philosopher's Stone" which my wise ancestors devised and which is now in my custody.

Me vs. checkMate - turn 53

for a long time my "German" people have thought that they were alone on this world, except for some random barbarians.
      but a while ago we discovered another somewhat civilised tribe which calls themselves "Scottish".
      recently some of my troops also made first contact with a race called "Americans" whose leader immediately agreed to a preace treaty with us. yet, strangely, as soon as our treaty was signed, emissaries of the americans offered the same treaty again.
      whether this was a strange tradition of this folk or a simultaneous plan which timely overlapped with ours, we cannot say so far.
      not wanting to insult this interesting new people we agreed a second time.
      future will show if the cultural differences are too severe or if our mutual interest lies in peace.

Me vs. Mieciofok - turn 31

my "Dornheimer" people seem to be alone on this wide world yet. but our mystics tell us from many other "parallel", as they call it, worlds. they say in none of these worlds was one nation ever alone, so i trust my wise advisors when they predict encountering another race sooner or later.

Me vs. BirdMan - turn 170+

the very far evolved "Dornheimer" are a very rich and proud people. they have already built a series of technological masterpieces which are rightly called 'Wonders' by the more primitive races surrounding us.
      for example, we constructed a complex system of globally linked calculating machines called "The Internet". we also control a number of satellites which provide our intelligence service with vital information about what is going on around us.

with most of the other races, we have active peace treaties and dont expect much trouble. they seem to be very loyal vassals in our quest for world domination as the only remaining superpower.
      only the "Vikings" are not willing to accept our superiority yet, but we will teach them their place in the world by sanctions, stupid speeches before the world public, or if has to be, by war; justified of course.
      although we already have active war status now, except for a few incidences, the situation seems to be rather mild.
      Last edited by Mathemagician; May 19, 2003, 03:08.
      Baal: "You dare mock me ?"
      O'Neill: "Baal, c'mon, you should know ... Of course I dare mock you."

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by quinns
          and you're sure, quinns, you want to miss out on the opportunity to be part of these interesting little stories ?

Comment

What makes you think that I was smiling at your stories, Math? Sometimes I just smile for no reason at all... Kind of like a blithering idiot

Comment

What makes you think that I was smiling at your stories, Math? Sometimes I just smile for no reason at all... Kind of like a blithering idiot
              yeah of course !
              how could that escape me ...

Comment

Okay Math -- if you are challenging me... I accept. My only two requests are that you do not use your Dornheimer custom civilization, and make no modifications (mods) to the standard CtP version 1.2 software. Every other setting can be changed to suit your wishes. Thanks!

Comment

* Double Posted *

Comment

Okay Math -- if you are challenging me... I accept. My only two requests are that you do not use your Dornheimer custom civilization, and make no modifications (mods) to the standard CtP version 1.2 software. Every other setting can be changed to suit your wishes. Thanks!
                    well, i can use another civilisation if you like, but the text file with civs is already modified and im using it in the other challenge games too. i rarely have compatibility problems and i dont think that they are due to that change.
                    if that is okay for you, we have a date..er game.

also, i have installed the german version of CTP (no idea WHICH version for understandable reasons ). but it refuses to install 1.2 patch so i assume i have 1.2.

as for the other settings. choose what you like (except dual duel - maybe some time later ), but id prefer if we have no consecutive game seats, which in turn suggests that none of us has an early seat, so maybe 6 civs with seats 4 and 6, or 8 with 5 and 8.
                    this is, as an experienced player like you knows of course, because the early seats are far more likely to get a powerful start.

i prefer farm under city bug but i can understand if you refuse.
                    just tell me all chosen settings and other desires (gamewise!) with the first email.

looking forward to smashing you this time..

Comment

Okay Math, how is this then -- Standard settings with a change to 6 players instead of 4 ?

Map size: Huge -- Randomized
                      Difficulty: Emperor
                      Barbarians: Ruins Only
                      Ruins: Off Limits -- No Entry (to disable ruins on initial random map -- modify ctp_data/default/gamedata/const.txt file -- set RUINS_CHANCE_PER_BOX from 1.0 to 0.0)
                      Wonders: No Wonders Allowed
                      Earth World
                      Bloodlust Off
                      Pollution On
                      Number of Civilizations: 6
                      (2 Human Players (slots 4 and 6), 4 Computer Players)
                      Map:
                      Wet/Dry 50%
                      Warm/Cold 50%
                      Ocean/Land 50%
                      Island/Continent 50%
                      Uniform/Diverse 50%
                      Few/Many Goods 50%
                      One Settler (default)
                      100 Gold (default)

Let's not use the "Farm under city bug" just to try to conform to our "No bug usage" standard in Challenge Matches, (even though I agree that this particular bug is not that big of a deal one way or the other.)

Change the map settings if you wish...

Comment

NO BUG USE ???

but its the very basic of my strategy it is !

alright, but i will change to donut world
                        i give myself seat 4 and you get 6. shouldnt be too much of a difference.
                        and i'll be the ... hm... some other random civilisation this time

okay.
                        game "American Love Stories" started with the above settings on a donut world.

Rainer the "Best Friend" of the Native Americans
                        vs.
                        Steve Quinn the Lucky Lover of the Inva... Americans

short put:
                        you're evil, i'm good !!

have a nice game !

Comment

oh............. this challenge ought to be good.............
                          I heard a loud voice, I looked, and there before me was a pale horse! It's rider was named Death, and hades was following close behind him. They were given power over one fourth of the earth to kill by the sword, famine and plague.
                          Revelation 6:8

Comment

Sounds good Math! But if it is the essence of your strategy... Get down with your bad self and use your precious farm under city bug! I won't use it though Good luck, Mathemagician!

Comment

how smug I can not wait till I hit the Quinn zone

Like the Eagle flies I'm com'in straight at ya...

Well after I take a few hits and a few bruises, but I am there baby all over ya.
                              “The Communist Manifesto was correct…but…we see the privileges of the capitalist bourgeoisie yielding…to democratic organizations…In my judgment…success lies in a steady [peaceful] advance…[rather]…than in…a catastrophic crash."Eduard Bernstein
                              Or do we?

Comment

Sounds good Math! But if it is the essence of your strategy... Get down with your bad self and use your precious farm under city bug! I won't use it though Good luck, Mathemagician!
                                nono. either its allowed or forbidden.
                                if you're too proud to use it i interpret it as forbidden.

its not the essence of my strategy, but i do think that it is very helpful and also that it isnt a real bug, but thats just me i see.

my (many ) single player games have shown that it makes a big difference with some map settings or starting positions respectively.

after all, for the concerned cities (which have a high percentage in some locations) it is an additional production bonus without an additional citizen. and that for the rest of the game..
                                not that bad in my eyes.

Comment

Working...
                                X