Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Well - then you are talking about one thing - and I about another. And that is that .
    First they ignore you. Then they laugh at you. Then they fight you. Then you win.

Gandhi

Comment

• apparently.
      of course i wont suggest that you may take back moves where you did something tactically wrong like entering a ruins at risk.
      im only suggesting the backtrack for those cases where the graphics bug was responsible for you losing the game, which is really really unfair in my eyes.
      Baal: "You dare mock me ?"
      O'Neill: "Baal, c'mon, you should know ... Of course I dare mock you."

Comment

• im not sure, does a slaver count as a military unit for guarding slaves in a city ?

Comment

• Originally posted by Mathemagician
          farm under city bug means you can build a farm, a mine or whatever on a tile during the same round as you build a city on that tile, but just before the city.
          this way, the improvement you build will be finished and not be cancelled by the founding of the city as usual.

i usually like to use this bug (not even sure if this is the bug or the fact that otherwise the improvement disappears) as it gives more options to build an effective economy, for example if you should get stuck on a small island or otherwise infertile land.

also, somehow my follow-up post asking for whether to use wonders, ruins and piracy apparently didnt get through, so im asking again now.
          Ok..so you dont actually wait for the tile improvement to finish..just place improvement then build city?

I guess I am confused..do you let the improvement become complete, THEN build city..or just place the improvement, then city?

Ok..in pbem..how can you turn off ruins?

How can you turn off wonders?

How can you keep ai from pirating/pillaging?

I know how in going through data files..but was that what you meant?

Keep me posted!

Thanks

Looking forward!

Peace

Grandpa Troll
          Hi, I'm RAH and I'm a Benaholic.-rah

Comment

• Originally posted by Troll

Ok..so you dont actually wait for the tile improvement to finish..just place improvement then build city?

I guess I am confused..do you let the improvement become complete, THEN build city..or just place the improvement, then city?
            its funny. ive been explaining this for so many times and still havent found a wording that everyone immediately understands.
            well, as i (think ive) said, you FIRST start to build the improvement, then ON THE SAME TURN found the city, you get the city IMMEDIATELY and the improvement UNDER the city once it would normally be finished, e.g. a farm under the city 2 turns after the founding of the city.

Ok..in pbem..how can you turn off ruins?

How can you turn off wonders?

How can you keep ai from pirating/pillaging?

I know how in going through data files..but was that what you meant?
            that was what i meant, yes.
            didnt want to cause confusions.
            i was just checking if you wanted any specific variations from the standard, which for me is wonders ON, ruins ON, piracy ON, but the standard defined by quinns on top of this thread is wonders OFF, ruins OFF, piracy (?), so just wanting to make sure we have the same understanding of "standard settings" before we start the game.

ruins can be turn off by setting the RUINS_CHANCE_PER_BOX value in "const.txt" in the folder "\CTP\ctp_data\default\gamedata\" from 1.0 (default) to 0.0.
            this needs only last while the game is created, so after the first turn is played, you can set the value back to 1.0 again.

wonders cannot be turned off AFAIK, so human players simply dont build wonders if they agreed not to. AIs still build the wonders though.

same thing for pillaging/piracy. AIs see that as their naturally born right (as i experienced recently in an otherwise "no-piracy" game with checkmate) so they continue as they like.
            just the human players can stick to the agreement no to use these.

Keep me posted!

Thanks

Looking forward!

Peace

Grandpa Troll
            Okay !
            De rien !
            Me too !
            Ommmmm !
            Math

Comment

• Ok..you and I agree to NO WONDERS..I can live with that.

I say No Piracy/No Pillaging by humans..I can live with that
              Ruins..hmm..lets leave that on..please

I can start whenever you want

I now understand the farm/city trick..kewl with me..

So...you want me to launch the gam,e..or you?

my email is BCRONKITE@ec.rr.com

my name in game is Troll Two Feathers..

Native American please

let me know when

Peace

Grandpa Troll

Comment

• thats all fine for me.
                i'll set it up now. but i will likely not make any more turn today as im going to bed soon.
                as for the NO piracy/pillage/wonders. just remind me if i should forget. i collect the info in a seperate text file, but just in case...

Comment

thats all fine for me.
                  i'll set it up now. but i will likely not make any more turn today as im going to bed soon.
                  as for the NO piracy/pillage/wonders. just remind me if i should forget. i collect the info in a seperate text file, but just in case...
                  Ok..lets see the game name...what shall we call it...

Troll and Math just dont add up?

U pick a name..

Peace

Grandpa Troll

Comment

• new challenge game started:
                    Mathemagician vs. Troll

turn 0 sent to Troll.

Comment

• Calculus Lessons for Semi-Humanoids ?

Comment

• one more note:
                        i consider the "1" on the slider to be the second to last setting, as "0" would have been the very extreme.
                        i hope thats how you imagined it.
                        barbarian threat was set to maximum either.
                        so watch out !

Comment

new challenge game started:
                          Mathemagician vs. Troll

turn 0 sent to Troll.
                          Havent gotten turn yet?

Also..you set up a new game thread please.

my email is BCRONKITE@ec.rr.com

Ill be waiting

Peace

Grandpa Troll

Comment

• strange, i have sent it already. anyway, here it comes again.
                            my email, btw is mathemagician@gmx.de

new thread ? for a 2 people game ?

Comment

strange, i have sent it already. anyway, here it comes again.
                              my email, btw is mathemagician@gmx.de

new thread ? for a 2 people game ?
                              WEll, we dont want to tie up this thread do we?

Ok..to make sure i am doing this right, dont you email me with an attachment?

I am new to this PBEM thing..but I have yet to receive any emails except this thread post?

Peace

Grandpa Troll

Comment

• Originally posted by Troll

WEll, we dont want to tie up this thread do we?
                                well, what this thread is for is to set up the game and to chat a bit about the storyline that you love so much.
                                i think there is no need for a new thread. we wont have much to say there and the little we do have to tell can as well go here and amuse some people.

Ok..to make sure i am doing this right, dont you email me with an attachment?

I am new to this PBEM thing..but I have yet to receive any emails except this thread post?
                                ive sent it twice to you.
                                maybe your email address was wrong.
                                i suggest you email me at mathemagician@gmx.de so i have your correct address for sure.

Comment

Working...
                                X