Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Giant Bird part II

Turn to Steve.

Watch those little red ones - they are very annoying!
    First they ignore you. Then they laugh at you. Then they fight you. Then you win.

Gandhi

As 3 of 6 wants this game to be rated - among those the owner of the game (me).

For a rated game:

TheBirdMan
    Notuncommon
    Aaginor

Attitude not known:
    Stavros
    Franses (think he would, but I am not sure).

Do not want to be ranked in this particular game:
    King Thor

Stavros and Franses, your votes please.

Stavros, did you play your turn?
    First they ignore you. Then they laugh at you. Then they fight you. Then you win.

Gandhi

Comment

I am in favor of the game to be rated.
      Franses (like Ramses).

Comment

I am also in favor of more discipline in playing the game. As it stands now I may not be around anymore if the game comes to an end (ok, I am one of the older players but make some calculations for yourself and you may come to the same conclusion ). How about the following rule to speed it up:

A player sents a mail to all other players if he finishes his game. If he does not receive a similar mail from the next player within 24 hours he "ends" this players turn and sends the game on to the second next player. This rule does not apply when in case of special situations (e.g. the weekend off, holidays)notified to the other players in advance.

This rule has two advantages:
        First: you know better when to expect your turn to come in . Personally I read incoming mail directly (except at night and when out) while I am at the forum only once, perhaps twice a day.
        Second: one complete turn will take a week max. Probably and hopefully a lot less.

Franses
        Franses (like Ramses).

Comment

I'm all for more dicipline, but I'm not sure about being rated... It's the starting position thing again. I still have some of my original settlers looking for settlable land (at turn 24!), because I'm surrounded by mountain an desert, and my river was pretty pathetic. And judging by the power graph, others had better luck....

btw I sent my turn yesterday...

Comment

Ok, I'll post our decision.

This game is now rated - Stavros and King Thor plays under the rules but are not rated in this game.
            [This message has been edited by TheBirdMan (edited January 28, 2001).]

Gandhi

Comment

Where is this game? Have not seen it since January 18.

Why does only Stavros respond to my suggestion? I understand he is in favor of it so that makes two of us. How about you (Birdman, Notuncommon, King Thor, Aaginor)?

Franses
              Franses (like Ramses).

Comment

The Apolytons are sometimes a little - well, not updated. And I have "seen" post, that I was sure to updated, not being on the forum next day.

Seen in " " course how can you see anything that actually is not there (this is standard from my wife )

Franses, I seldom deletes anything newer that ½ year, but sometimes . But sorry - I can't find your mail/suggestion. Pls resend.

Edit: And yes, Stavros has mailed, that he actually has played and forwarded his turn.
                [This message has been edited by TheBirdMan (edited January 29, 2001).]

Gandhi

Comment

I'll send it again just in case...

turn 24 -> christian.hammer@get2net.dk

Comment

LOL

You did not delete my mail, Birdman. I just did not sent any. My suggestion is a few post before the one you wrote.

Franses
                    Franses (like Ramses).

Comment

Turn to Stavros.

Gandhi

Comment

Turn sent on.

My powergraph is looking mighty fine don't ya think?

Notuncommon
                        Regards
                        Notuncommon

Comment

Darth Viper is ready to replace Aaginor here - any objections?

Gandhi

Comment

I have no objections. If nobody else has posted any I will forward the turn to Darth Viper instead of Aaginor in 8 hours.
                            Franses (like Ramses).

Comment

Turnlist if Darth Viper replaces Aaginor:

TheBirdMan, Ivan, russian
                              Stavros, DonCarne, mexican
                              Nouncommon, Notuncommon (replaced Creator), assyrian
                              Franses, Franses, Egypt
                              Darth Viper, Darth Viper replaces Aaginor), Inca
                              Thor, Taipan, Chinese

Gandhi

Comment

Working...
                              X