No announcement yet.

Paulno1's Internet Game Challenge

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

im looking over my past comments and trying to see what was so offensive. I said, "sadly i over estimated there abilities." Was only meant to mean that i spend a little too much time negotiating the settings, when perhaps i didnt need too.
    Every thing i said was actually being censored (edited) by a woman. So my conclusion is that Kiwis are a lot more blunt than our overseas friends.

Hey, i said nothing nasty or mean and did not antagonise anyone during the game, i talked real nicely, i thought. At the end i did not say good game or anything like that, but hey i'm here too play the game not kiss ass. Its against my nature and upbringing.
    Every game i've ever played in my entire life was played to win, thats how we grew up. I never once played a game i didn't enjoy. I always found a game much better if it was scored and resultingly competitive. Only thing riding on the game was personal pride and of course bragging rights. Me and my brother were very competitive and i actually lost most the time lol, but it never stopped me trying. So whats wrong with liking to win ?
    you can't merely play a game just because you like to win, has to involve fun as well. I dont like any game that i can win easy, it bores me to tears. Otherwise i would play against the computer all the time. It doesn't ***** back at me.

If i played just to win, wouldn't I play newbies all the time ? i dont play them, because i know i can win, so whats the point. I maybe will play them 3 on 1, because then it almost becomes a challenge. But then i'm unlikely to do that because i get bored ****less with the long turns early on. Is that so wrong? Only people i have played recently is dragon and zeratul, and tal before that. I play them becasue they are very good players,
    2 of the best playing no question. I've lost a few times to both lately. So if i only liked to win i wouldn't play them right?
    Ok i may certainly not say they are better than me hehe.
    I'll blame my losses on land, bad luck or my own drunkenness. Im unlikely too say they are better than me. I will certainly say they are better at some aspects of the game. My record on gl after i was a newbie was far better before i started using the tricks (-:, never lost )-:. Dragon was the first good player i beat. (-:

I admit i can be obnoxious, no one here shall disagree with me, im sure hehe. I say everything with a smile and nothing with a frown. Why get upset its only a game.

Ill probably never play a PBEM game generally becasue basically i don't trust anyone (well, except for the people who live with me and don't steal my money lol). Why would i play a game that you can conceivably look at the map every turn. You would have to adapt your strategy to account for the fact that the other players are looking at the map.

With internet games no one can tell where your guys are so there is no need to defend most cities. In PBEM i guess people could look to see where all your opponents guys are and attack somewhere else, if you weren't looking you would be extremely disadvantaged. People could be looking every turn so it would be impossible to tell whether they have looked, because there would be no sudden change in movement.

Ok most PBEM players may be honest but i'm sure all are not and there is so many more ways to cheat on PBEM than on internet games. Id prefer to play where it is very difficult to cheat and where there is little temptation for the easy tempted.

I prefer to kick your arse rather than kiss it :-)

Comment

Yippy i got my own page hehe
      at least for a few hours (-:
      ill look forward to your replys.(-:

Comment

Good points Paul, certainly it presents a greater challenge then does it not. Also creates more awareness of a better balanced civ too. No doubt the game is different and offers even more challenges. Paul looking through the game wins it is obvious you are one of the few who did not take advantage of newbies with the bug. You have to be liked for that point and believed when you say you play for the challenge. Play PBEM there are spies everywhere lol great fun to learn to counter the obvious accept the challenge, test your skills here. There are great players here who don't trust online gaming as they see people playing for points with any game crack, bug, cheat they can let alone the time factor. Here with moderators in the game it is hard to cheat, use bugs, crack etc and lots of time to play. We play for fun the challenge we share tips, info we are all better players because of it. Come on in have some fun, time is on your side in PBEM. As far as your game retoric goes I am a seasoned Risk player so bring it on.

My record on gl after i was a newbie was far better before i started using the tricks (-:, never lost )-:. Dragon was the first good player i beat. (-:
        Say no more...

“The Communist Manifesto was correct…but…we see the privileges of the capitalist bourgeoisie yielding…to democratic organizations…In my judgment…success lies in a steady [peaceful] advance…[rather]…than in…a catastrophic crash."Eduard Bernstein
        Or do we?

Comment

well that wasnt even 20 mins
          looks like my editor is better than yours rhetoric, not retoric
          lol talk too ya later got to go

Comment

Ice - Risk...Now there is a Mother of a game...I have a copy somewhere - but much prefer the Board Game itself - Cracking Game..

I think enough has been said on the topic of the Challenge... I think I understand that if Paul had been beaten it would have been a very, very difficult thing to swallow - I do appreciate that, as in my Younger days I use to make various brags and boasts, and Panic when I had to try back them up...

So hopefully the antagonism is at an end, and .... Oh Paul has replied whilst I am writing this.... don't know what he has said yet... WE can all get on and enjoy the greatest game ever created.. And I do hope that one day Paul, we will play against each other, and you will break into a sweat...

I dislike PBEM by the way - the main reason being that I enjoy the ingame banter - and I dislike the months it takes to play one out...

Paul don't discount me and Quinns as Poor players, for we are not... We are both Good Players, if not great Players - and the only was Good Players get to be Great Players is buy losing to better players.. And yeh I guess I would like to play against you again - Maybe if you are not under so much pressure you will even enjoy a bit of in game banter!
            He's back after a fashion...

Comment

Originally posted by Paulno1
              well that wasnt even 20 mins
              looks like my editor is better than yours rhetoric, not retoric
              lol talk too ya later got to go
              Lol I don't use the editor, on that note compare the post's then comment. Like ciities is spelled cities and finsih is spelled finish etc etc, I guess the spell checker was not availiable then.

Ice - Risk...Now there is a Mother of a game...I have a copy somewhere - but much prefer the Board Game itself - Cracking Game..
              Computer Risk is ok the board game a blast, 28 games undefeated, 6 player games south side Edmonton champ. Rhetoric in gaming is an art all in itself it adds a flavor read the game post's it is one of the best reasons to play PBEM.

The rhetoric in that game can lead to blows for the quick tempered, it is who has the sharpest knife.

You have to love this game.
              Last edited by blackice; June 4, 2001, 09:45.
              “The Communist Manifesto was correct…but…we see the privileges of the capitalist bourgeoisie yielding…to democratic organizations…In my judgment…success lies in a steady [peaceful] advance…[rather]…than in…a catastrophic crash."Eduard Bernstein
              Or do we?

Comment

My editor, is as contrary as a amother f****R.
                So often she dont talk to me, little own edit for me and my spelling and language skills are certainly not my strong point. HEHE I would never have known, that there was a mistake, hehe neither would i care. She made me comment forced me at knife point to comment. Oh well i should harden up lol. Something tells me she is going to be contrary again.
                Oh and she says you have more mistakes, bloody arts students hehe.

Comment

Yeah Risk is a B****Y great game, anyone actually have it?
                  Where would you get a game such as that ? I use to play that on a Play station. Like all games i was damned good at it lol.

O

Comment

Quinns and gav dont think i ever said you were bad players did i. i just think the difference in level of play between the top 5 and the rest of people playing is huge. I guess its cause we have been playing a hell of a lot longer. As Dragon mentioned he started playing a year before me and ive been playing a long time and zeratul had been playing longer than me as well. I must have been playing about 18 months.

Comment

Paul , no you never said we were bad players, you said a few things... but that wasn't one of them!!LOL

I played my first game ever 6 weeks ago - and am ten times the player I was then - in another 6 weeks, I will be as good as almost everyone, and six weeks after that..I'm gonna come looking for you....
                      He's back after a fashion...

Comment

Paul looking through the game wins it is obvious you are one of the few who did not take advantage of newbies with the bug.
                        Ice I hope your not pointing your nasty little finger this way..
                        Last edited by drAgON1; June 5, 2001, 12:47.
                        The C:CTP MASTER.....

Comment

Originally posted by Paulno1
                          Yeah Risk is a B****Y great game, anyone actually have it?
                          Where would you get a game such as that ? I use to play that on a Play station. Like all games i was damned good at it lol.

O
                          Well Risk 2210 AD is coming out July 2001
                          Read about it here:

This is the link to some freeware I am sure Risk1 is there:

Ice I hope your not pointing your nasty little finger this way..
                          The only nasty finger I have is the middle one, and I have two of them and they are far from little lol.

I don't recall mentioning your name or pointing a finger

But your stats look clean too

Hey this is not a witch hunt It was mearly an observation
                          Last edited by blackice; June 5, 2001, 14:06.
                          Or do we?

Comment

Working...
                          X