Strife Part I

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Peli,

It was a pleasure to meet a representative of your fine civilization. Unfortunately we have no need for religious instruction and sent your cleric back home. We hope this has no adverse consequences for our new relationship.

George Washington

BTW Turn 15 to Cuaich several hours ago
    Let me explain something to you..... I'm the Dude. So that's what you call me. You know, that or, uh, His Dudeness, or uh, Duder, or El Duderino if you're not into the whole brevity thing. - The Big Lebowski(1998)

Comment

• Ouargh ! French messages! How can I fix that !
      Zobo Ze Warrior
      --
      Your brain is your worst enemy!

Comment

• George,

Expelling units is a clear hostile act, plain and simple. It seems to me that sending monks as scouts in a PBEM game is out of the question -I wonder why - I expect to be compensated for such unnecessary display of animosity.

Peli "The Fair"
        "I'm an engineer. I make slides that people can't read. Sometimes I eat donuts." - Alice

Comment

• quote:

Originally posted by jpww on 05-08-2001 06:23 PM
          George,

Expelling units is a clear hostile act, plain and simple. It seems to me that sending monks as scouts in a PBEM game is out of the question -I wonder why - I expect to be compensated for such unnecessary display of animosity.

Peli "The Fair"

As an interested bystander who has met neither of you yet on this 'planet', I'd say 'Hostile' would be attacking your monks wouldn't it, not expelling them? Monks have got a very poor defence value But I think that scouting is also 'hostile'. If you want to learn about my lands, send in your troops or let me learn about your lands by offering an exchange of maps, instead of 'spying' on me. I'm immediately suspicious if I find 'stealth' units. At least conventional units are visible, but stronger and more overtly threatening.

Comment

• I assume that PN is not playing as George Washington in this game. For that particular reason, I will not go into great lengths to explain my previous post. Suffice it to say that to spy on you, I would have to know your location in the first place.

Of course, under normal circumstances, a stealth unit cannot be seen by a conventional military unit. What's the point of exchanging maps when your phalanxes can see my monks?

Edit: such is the nature of PBEM play...

[This message has been edited by jpww (edited May 08, 2001).]
            "I'm an engineer. I make slides that people can't read. Sometimes I eat donuts." - Alice

Comment

• Turn 16 to Zobo

Comment

• quote:

Originally posted by ZoboZeWarrior on 05-08-2001 03:09 PM
                Ouargh ! French messages! How can I fix that !

By installing the US version .

This topic is closed.
                Refer to Strife Part II topic.

Comment

Working...
                X