No announcement yet.

An Unfullfilling Evening

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well it was a very enjoyable Gavrushka, anyone want some fun play this guy he is a hoot online hehehe He is also a great player so play smart.

The game moved on until the tanks elliminated the cities and their defences. Tip of the week don't worry too much about production early in the game, growth is the key.

Thanks Gavrushka great game, looking forward to our rematch.

“The Communist Manifesto was correct…but…we see the privileges of the capitalist bourgeoisie yielding…to democratic organizations…In my judgment…success lies in a steady [peaceful] advance…[rather]…than in…a catastrophic crash."Eduard Bernstein
    Or do we?

Comment

Dog gone it! Blackice whooped me AGAIN! I don't feel so bad now that the formerly undefeated Gavrushka got beat by "BLACK EYES" as well . Thanks for making me feel better. I'll get you next time Ice!!!! Good game.

Quinns

Comment

I don't doubt you will.

Good game, I had and edge with growth, cities must grow to be powerful.

I sure have fun playing the game with you though you are a challenge to win against.

“The Communist Manifesto was correct…but…we see the privileges of the capitalist bourgeoisie yielding…to democratic organizations…In my judgment…success lies in a steady [peaceful] advance…[rather]…than in…a catastrophic crash."Eduard Bernstein
        Or do we?

Comment

BlackIce, I bow before you for the tips....next time how about sending them BEFORE we play!LOL

Likewise looking forward to the rematch, I'll stake my remaining 7 points on it....Do I get a prize if I go negative? Will I be Deified? The Patron God of the Weak and foolish?

I learnt more in 8 hours of play against Blackice, then in years of play... meakness, humbleness, and I'm a dab hand in first aid now...hehehe - How can a single warrior spill so much blood? Something to do with the Tank parked on his head me thinks... One thing to all the other Newbies, don't be afraid to take on all comers, you will never be sacrificing your points, you'll be investing them, and get them back with interest later if you stick with it.

I would love the idea of a four player game, with one Newbie, and one experienced player on each side.... Like a kind of Capture the Flag idea, the Experienced player defends the newbie, and defeat is when the Newbie is knocked out of the game.

I'll be in there shaking my wooden stick (I laugh at Bronze Working...) at all comers, stern words and a fierce demeanor will defeat Tanks every time... unless Commander Blackice is driving that is........
          He's back after a fashion...

Comment

Lol you have good words for newbies, it is an investment and a good one at that. As I say points shmoints the better the competion the more fun the game. Heck I think I get 25 points or something for playing a newbie, but if the newbie wins they get more than one hundred. More incentive to get out there and play the middle board guys.

Now that game sounds great anyone interested I know I am.

I thank you for your compliments and ask myself is he dressing me up like the Thanksgiving turkey just before it gets devoured, lol

Look forward to our rematch I think, lol

Good gaming!
            Or do we?

Comment

Hey!

Looking for a newbie?

Look no further, you found me!!!

I've hardly had any experience in internet or pbem games. I can't even beat the AI at the emperor level

I'd like to take part in this game if possible. Just let me know when, how, how many, how long, how often, what kind, with whom etc

Edit: content
              [This message has been edited by jpww (edited April 25, 2001).]
              "I'm an engineer. I make slides that people can't read. Sometimes I eat donuts." - Alice

Comment

jpww.... Go on, go on then.... Have you a GL account? If not go register,Game League link at bottom of Forums page, and I will play u this weekend (I'm on GMT but don't mind losing sleep).

We can discuss the settings before we start the game!

Gavrushka

(Blackice, the blood is starting to clot now, and I summoned the strength to Urinate on yer tank..... It is but a pile of rust... The Warrior Returns....haha!)

Comment

Aha a capture the flag....perhaps we should pursue this....We could even make it a GL Game with an automatic first and second for each team (first for Experience,second for newbie), well then we could have two Newbies with jpww and myself, Blackice, and we need one more top ranker... In the words of a Famous Pokeman Master..I CHOOSE YOU ZERATUL!! LOL - Go on Go on I have Dollars.....

Comment

Oh yes, I have a GL account. Capture the flag sounds good!
                    "I'm an engineer. I make slides that people can't read. Sometimes I eat donuts." - Alice

Comment

Well... I'm not an expert, but if you are all willing, I'll give it a go! Capture the Flag! If yes, pick a time how about Wednesdays... 5:30 p.m. PDT (00:30 GMT)??

Comment

Great Quinns! Wednesday's fine with me
                        Or do we?

Comment

Good! I'll be there this coming Wednesday at 5:30 p.m. PDT!! California 12 Server. Thanks Ice!

Comment

Hey thank you, let's hear from the giant killers. Well guys how does Wednesday sound?
                            Or do we?

Comment

I'll be ready to play this Wednesday at 8:30pm EDT - That's 5:30pm PDT, right? - for about 2hrs, but I doubt Gavrushka will

Comment

Well sounds good then, Quinns, Blackice, jpww, Gavrushka... One slight problem... Quinns, are you similar to Blackice...if not no problem, we'll just rename it 'Blackice goes Daisy picking'!!LOL

I think Wednesday would be a little awkward this week for me - I am out for a meal on the night, and have a 5:30 GMT start, although I can do that any other week - we could slot in on a Thursday/Friday this week, and drop to Wednesday later weeks?

I propose the following rules for debate.... No attacking the enemy for 35 turns (allowing teams to make contact and xchange maps) - Unit expels, Piracy, Incite rebellion permissable. - Win condition can be either total obliteration of the 'flag' player, or better still capture of the city containing the Capital - Map size, and all other settings can be decided on by vote . Either Quinns or Blackice can host the game.

What should the teams be? I have played against Blackice, and could cooperate well with him - Perhaps if Quinns and jpww want to try a quick trial game against each other this Wednesday to check abilty, then we could decide teams after that point?

Looking forward to seeing how this one Pans out!

Rules on chat within game you can PM to another player within CTP can't you? - Someone will have to tell me how....

Comment

Working...
                                X