Multiplayer-Mode

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Multiplayer-Mode

The Multiplayer-Mode is nearly emapy sometimes...I and a few addicts who can play nearly every day keep wondering y 41 PBEM-Players PBEM.
    We could make it competitive and playable.
    From noon(Eastern time);17;00gmt....People usually arrive.
    Try at least 1week!
    Damien

emapy?...ermm...sorry empty i meant
    Damien

Comment

hey damien it is me Saddam . cant play tho, really SORE from paintballing today. The wilts, the retreats, the carnage of having 100 man teams. Utter-chaos I tell you! anyway, see you tommorrow

Comment

Damien, are you here criticizing the PBEM idea as it is, for you only want to play online multiplayer?

------------------
        Solver the "Running Beer" - http://www.aok.20m.com
        Solver, WePlayCiv Co-Administrator
        I can kill you whenever I please... but not today. - The Cigarette Smoking Man

Comment

Hi Damien

A lot of people simply don't have the time to play 4 to 6 hours online this then is a nice alternative.
          “The Communist Manifesto was correct…but…we see the privileges of the capitalist bourgeoisie yielding…to democratic organizations…In my judgment…success lies in a steady [peaceful] advance…[rather]…than in…a catastrophic crash."Eduard Bernstein
          Or do we?

Comment

Hi Damien, I'm here too dude. You know who I am. I think Pbem games could be a good way for competetive people to actually finish a game, without time restrictions.
            People in the multiplayer lobbies lately never play out a full game anymore, or even come close, and never get their butts back into the lobbies for the correct continuation time. And if someone is getting their ass kicked, suddenly there's a whole range of things that happen: "Man I'm supposed to be on duty now, gotta run" sound familiar Saddam?, or "My wife needs the phone", or a whole host of other reasons. Which is better than the ones that just leave without saying anything I suppose. But this still leaves you playing a game you might as well have started and finished alone at home, because in the end your conquest is over the ai, not someone else's strategy.
            Now who's startin a new Pbem game? I want me some action. Look me up, and LET ME IN!!!
            Live EVERY day like it's the best day of your life, and it will be.

Comment

quote:

Originally posted by Fuzzball on 04-22-2001 10:28 AM
              Hi Damien, I'm here too dude. You know who I am. I think Pbem games could be a good way for competetive people to actually finish a game, without time restrictions.
              People in the multiplayer lobbies lately never play out a full game anymore, or even come close, and never get their butts back into the lobbies for the correct continuation time. And if someone is getting their ass kicked, suddenly there's a whole range of things that happen: "Man I'm supposed to be on duty now, gotta run" sound familiar Saddam?, or "My wife needs the phone", or a whole host of other reasons. Which is better than the ones that just leave without saying anything I suppose. But this still leaves you playing a game you might as well have started and finished alone at home, because in the end your conquest is over the ai, not someone else's strategy.
              Now who's startin a new Pbem game? I want me some action. Look me up, and LET ME IN!!!

excellent

I wont deny anything you have said. But I will say that, some people, dont think Going to Bed is a good reason to quit playing CTP. So excuses must be made too save face

hey damien
              I know what you mean. I just had somebody bail 2 turns before I had Alien
              [This message has been edited by Steve5304 (edited April 22, 2001).]

Comment

I would like to clarify something for the non-GL players here.
                While some people get online to test their skills and find GL players, on the average better. Better meaning it does take time to adapt to the difference in online human opponents verses AI. The big difference as we have seen in PBEM time and time again. Some of these peeps quit as they are, for the first time, being wiped out by a real opponent, no excuses bow out with a roar, die with grace it happens. But GL has rules for such behavior they are clear and explicit, you quit, made reason's and don't reset a time and show up, the game is over for you, period. So that then let's you move on with a victory, no looking back. So for those of us that have a little list of quiters or a large one take advantage of the rules, chances are you are beating them anyway, why rub it in. Enforce the rules so as this type of behavior in GL at least is minimal. OK? You can find the RDP ("Recommended Disconnect Policy") here:

http://gameleague.megaultra.com/feat...sconnects.php3

Enough said, while I find most that do this are non-GL players in fun games, so no biggy, GL players have rules enforce them rather than talk about them.

IMO
                “The Communist Manifesto was correct…but…we see the privileges of the capitalist bourgeoisie yielding…to democratic organizations…In my judgment…success lies in a steady [peaceful] advance…[rather]…than in…a catastrophic crash."Eduard Bernstein
                Or do we?

Comment

I finish my games...i play only with people i know and iv ever heard or seen a PBEM-Game takes a year or more or never finish.
                  Damien

Comment

Hi Damien, Ice, Saddam, and Fuzzball!

What's this? A merging of PBEM and Internet players?? I don't believe it! Both types of CTP games are entertaining in their own way. Yes, Damien, PBEM can go on forever, but with our rating system now, we have "mini" victories every ten turns. This seems to have added another dimension of interest. So every two weeks or so, you see victories and rating changes.

Internet is enjoyable as well as you can play 50 turns or more in an hour (compared to 50 turns in 50 days as in PBEM -- very best case). But internet play lacks the depth, diplomacy and hard fought strategy found in PBEM. Both are good. Just depends how you are feeling and how much time you have.

Comment

On that note Damien give it a try before you walk on the water :0)
                      Or do we?

Comment

The most beneficial part of Pbem has to be the propaganda . Adds a really nice dimension to it. PBEM seems like it has less war than TCP does. Sure, every now and then you will get a hitler who trys to conquer the world with one of his allies like in (Swissy2 part V ), But they usaully end up paying the price. Other than that most of a Pbem game is diplomatic mush.

[This message has been edited by Steve5304 (edited April 23, 2001).]

Comment

quote:

Originally posted by Steve5304 on 04-23-2001 12:47 AM
                          The most beneficial part of Pbem has to be the propaganda . Adds a really nice dimension to it ... Other than that, most of a Pbem game is diplomatic mush.

True enough Steve!

Comment

Working...
                          X