database out of synch

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• database out of synch

I am trying to play a GL game through apolyton servers, but all I get every time I try to join is database out of synch, what doesd this mean and how do I correct this?

Perhaps the information in this thread may be of help to you.
    http://apolyton.net/forums/Forum10/HTML/000020.html?5
    Franses (like Ramses).

Comment

"Database out of synch" is easy. Your version of the game is not the same as player you are trying to play with. Make sure if you have the regular retail version to get the patch ver 1.2(available in both PC and MAC from the company that published the game). If you have the DVD version of the game, I am afraid you are out of luck.
      "The greatest happiness of life is the conviction that we are loved - loved for ourselves, or rather, loved in spite of ourselves."--Victor Hugo

Comment

Last week there was no problem, but during the week I downloaded the modpack and other stuff from apolyton. Could this have affected my database. I will reload the 1.2 patch, just in case.

Comment

That explains everything.

1-Make sure any mod you add is put into scenario folders.

2-If the last thing you played before going online was a mod game; start a new regular single player game, play a turn, save and exit. If you don't the game will keep your game database the same as the last game you played, thus the "database out of synch" message.

You have to watch what mods you use if you are going to play online. A I said above make sure they unload into a scenario folder and do not affect the game program itself.
          "The greatest happiness of life is the conviction that we are loved - loved for ourselves, or rather, loved in spite of ourselves."--Victor Hugo

Comment

Thank you Swissy. Yes since I downloaded the modpack I have only been playing scenarios, so you have given me the answer to my prob.

Thanks again

Comment

Working...
            X