Switch to Unrated with NO PENALTY!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Switch to Unrated with NO PENALTY!

This offer ends this Sunday, February 11, at 12:00 Apolyton Time.

If you wish to change your status in any CTP PBEM Rated game that you are participating in, from RATED to UNRATED, please post here to this thread your intent to do so, stating the Game Name(s) in which you wish to change status to UNRATED. YOU WILL NOT BE PENALIZED FOR THIS SWITCH DURING THIS AMNESTY PERIOD. (Note that only the player that is switching status may post the change notice -- no proxies please.)

Quinns
    [This message has been edited by quinns (edited February 06, 2001).]

Monkey 2. Unrated please.

DC keeps rated for me even I am at the buttom. It's a challange I can't refuse.

Conquers (also replacement). I stay rated. I know I can do better than what I took over
    First they ignore you. Then they laugh at you. Then they fight you. Then you win.

Gandhi

Comment

Don't rate me in DC pleease. That leave me rated in 2 games, Eagles at war and Midway.

One more would be nice if there are any vacancies or new games.

Quinns, how did this come about ?

Seems a bit of a cop out. Execpt that I started DC over a year ago before the rating system came about.
      [This message has been edited by Fraze (edited February 07, 2001).]
      [This message has been edited by Fraze (edited February 07, 2001).]

Comment

Fraze, that's a very good question. The reason for this one time amnesty was because many people were unaware of the severity of joining hopeless games as substitutes and remaining "rated" while doing so.

The severe drop in TheBirdMan's rating due to the triple Dutcheese effect, caused many people to become quite alarmed with their rating and "rated" status in basically "lost" games. I think that this drastic drop was good, in a way, so that people could really see how ratings are truly affected by being in a bad position in a rated game.

I thought the only fair way to remedy this "I didn't know it would be so bad!!" syndrome was to offer this one time amnesty to ALL players for one week.

Fraze is now unrated in Dutcheese.

Please see comments from a different thread below regarding this:

------ From "Switch to Unrated" thread:

quinns
        Prince
        California, USA
        Oct 2000

posted February 06, 2001 16:57

Birdman changed to Unrated in Monkey_2.

Please note that this "Unrated Amnesty" offer will never be made again. This is a one time only deal. (I sound
        like a used car salesman! )

Solver
        CtP/AC PBEM Ladder
        Administrator
        Latvia, Riga
        Sep 2000

posted February 07, 2001 06:03

Quinns, never promise thing like that! You might never know what happens again . But, I really hope we will
        not have need in the amnesties too often.

------------------
        Solver - http://www.aok.20m.com
        quinns
        Prince
        California, USA
        Oct 2000

posted February 07, 2001 13:14

I had to say that Solver, and we "must" follow that in the future. Otherwise the rule becomes a joke. They will
        say, "Oh, I see how it works, you give an AMNESTY when your friends are doing poorly in a game, let them get
        out unpunished, then re-enforce it when it is convenient for you ... THAT'S NOT FAIR!".

No, we must mean it when we state this "No more amnesties" rule. It is important in maintaining the integrity
        of the system.

Quinns

---------------------
        [This message has been edited by quinns (edited February 07, 2001).]

Comment

Quinns,
          we might again be getting some Christmas amnesties and others, but I hope this will not happen again for at least 6 months. Good idea, though.
          And, I think we really need to start another PBEM game to rate. I just have the feeling that here are some players yet wishing to play in more rated games. What about that?

------------------
          Solver - http://www.aok.20m.com
          Solver, WePlayCiv Co-Administrator
          I can kill you whenever I please... but not today. - The Cigarette Smoking Man

Comment

Alright Solver. Sounds good. I would just try to avoid any more amnesties in the future (without a very good reason anyway!)

Sure, new rated games are fine with me, but personally I'm booked solid now (6 is about my max).

Quinns

Comment

Working...
            X