Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Demos Game

Turn to Rick!
    Is it me, or is MOBIUS a horrible person?

Turn 103--> Sophanthro

Welcome back, MOBIUS!

I'm not sure which thread we should be using, so I'll post to both. My guess is that the Emperor was too jet-lagged to find the original post!!

(Not that I should talk. I put the wrong turn on both posts!)

[This message has been edited by Rick Elkins (edited September 21, 2000).]

Comment

Turn 104 ==> Demosthenes

Good to have you back, Mobius.

Now where were we?

Comment

Turn 104 ==> Mobius

Good to have you back. Have a nice holiday?
        Cariad,
        Demosthenes.
        _____
        www.polthought.freeserve.co.uk

Comment

Turn 104--> Sophanthro

Assyrian bluebirds have stopped coughing, and squirrels no longer brush soot from their fur, but instead gaze in happiness at fresh blue skies! For today saw the opening of 3 new Recycling Plants, with 3 more soon to come.

Citizens of Assyria: you may once again wear white garments outside without fear of them disintegrating!

King Rick

Comment

The divine Emperor Caligula himself is back from walking amongst his people!

Landing at the port of Genoa, his entourage toured first the port of Portofino and the villages of Cinque Terre, before heading inland to admire the spectacle of Pisa's 'Campo di Miracoli'... Thence a trip to Florence was in order, followed by a brief respite in Siena - the Emperor's favourite part of the Empire! Onwards to Rome itself, with visits to the Vatican and the Sistine Chapel, the Forum, the Colliseum and many other sites. Finally the Imperator decided that a trip to the South was called for so that he could see the destruction wrought on Pompeii first hand and climb to the top of Vesuvius (unfortunately the view was obscured by clouds!). Basing himself in Naples, Caligula also found time to visit the island of Capri - home to the villas of his old chum Tiberius...

Diplomatic links have been established with Wales, however the Romans are dismayed to find that the Welsh are still a communist regime... An urgent council on the Palatine hill has been convened regarding this matter!

Comment

Turn 105 ==> Demosthenes

The Pharaoh urged the Rome to accept the Welsh communism, stating that Communism was the best government for Wales in order for them to build up their infrastructure; and that they did not believe it was caused by a desire to build an inordinately sized army.

Comment

Turn 105 ==> Mobius

To avoid any further confusion, yes, the Comrades of Wales have decided that they wish to stay living under the wise rule of Demsothenes and the Communist spirit. We cannot be bullied into changing something that we feel is in our best interests. Indeed, it is in the best interests of all that Wales stays under Communist rule.

Welsh scientists have detected that we have less than 50 turns before global catastrophe occurs. In the meantime, the Communist regimes of Wales AND Assyria have been busy lowering their pollution, whilst the Fascists of Rome are continuing to raise theirs!!

Rome cannot now try to force Wales (nor Assyria for that matter) into changing government for environmental reasons. Indeed, it should be the rest of the world convincing Rome to change hers!

Of the top thirty polluting cities, 20 are Roman, whilst only 3 are Welsh. Not a SINGLE Welsh city exceeds a pollution rating of 90, let alone 100, which if you cast your minds back 100 was the stipulated level that Caligula dictated upon both himself and I!! The top five polluting cities of Wales still fail to emit more filth than Brundisium and Abusir, who have truly earned their titles of the World's Dirtiest Cities.

With Wales recent cleanup of pollution, and another four Recycling Plants due to come online within three turns, the Communist Government of Wales has truly shown it's environmental credentials.

All this boils down to the Fascists desire to take control of Wales. This petty war between us resulted from a rash decision to execute a spy that was undeniably in violation of the soveriegnty of Wales. The tresspassing and espionage was an act of war, which Wales reciprocated with the covert agents death. We regret that this happened, but the past cannot be changed.

Wales has no desire to be at war with the Fascists of Rome, and has proven this by not attacking any Roman troops. All Roman casualties have come from failed Roman attacks of Welsh troops, and not from Welsh offensive victories.

Added to this is the continued drive in Wales to stave off the eminent threat of global pollution. Perhaps Caligula could be persuaded to turn to Communism to reduce his pollution, as the comrades of Wales are getting tired from cleaning up the filth that keeps washing up on the shores of Southern Wales.

I have no desire to attack or be at war with Rome. I have more than shown that Communism is truly able to deal with Global pollution.

And therefore, Caligula, you have no case, whatsoever, in trying to force an unwelcome change in Wales. We would appreciate it if this was now the end of the matter and that Cardiff and Rome can pick up the pieces and begin to restore normal relations once again.
                Cariad,
                Demosthenes.
                _____

Comment

Caligula apologises to Comrade Demosthenes of Wales for the recent upsurge in pollution faced by a beleaguered Roman government lacking the stewardship of the divine Emperor himself these past two weeks - truly we have been victims of our own scientific success!

The pro consul Albertius Speericus has indeed proved wanting during this teesting time and has been removed from office...

Rest assured further building projects have been put in motion with both Abusir and Brundisium both being targetted curbing of their pollution output!

PAX

MOBIUS

Comment

Turn 105--> Sophanthro

Our people are glad to see the spirit of cooperation has taken hold of all governments as we all work toward the common goal of averting an environmental disaster.

While we sadly observe that our own pollution readings have gone up today, we note that another Recycling Plant will be completed by the time of our next communication, with more finishing right on its heels.

Comment

Turn 106 ==> Demosthenes

Egypt congratulates Rome on her words that she will cut down pollution, we hope for the sake of the World that they are more than just words.

Comment

Rome welcomes the thawing in relations between our nations! Wise Demos is kindly reminded not to abuse The Imperator's new found hospitality with his diplomat...

Caligula also asks The Great Pharoah for permission to reopen diplomatic ties with Egypt as well.

Rome has managed to once again abate our pollution problem!

PAX

MOBIUS

Comment

Turn 106--> Sophanthro

Comment

Turn 106 ==> Mobius

Wales is pleased to announce that we have at last re-established a Permanent Embassy with the Roman Empire.

It is gladly noted that relationships between Cardiff and Rome have improved greatly of late. Long may it continue.
                            Cariad,
                            Demosthenes.
                            _____

Comment

Turn 107 ==> Demosthenes

Egypt apologizes for the delay in sending the turn out.

The Pharaoh also agreed that diplomats could be sent to Egypt as long as Rome would return the favor.

Comment

Working...
                              X