X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New PBEM: Midway

A new PBEM needs people to play!

Midway:
    5 Players (all Windows: had some trouble with a Linux-Windows game... ...dunno about BeOS though)
    Regular Size Earth Map
    Default Map Setting (Goods, Land vs. Water, etc.)
    King Level
    Restless Tribes setting
    No AI

These are just suggestions: any one can be changed, but this way once everyone is ready we can start without still discussing game detail.

Please post reply and email to kelvinchan@poboxes.com, stating tribe and game alias.

Personally, I'm Chinese, and my name's Kelvin (too self-centred for an alias ).

I'm in.

Let me try India - she's a lovely lady. Leadername could be Wiagra (nickname: The Rightstanding (wrong spelled on purpose)).

E-mail: max.reiff@get2net.dk
    First they ignore you. Then they laugh at you. Then they fight you. Then you win.

Gandhi

Comment

Yeah Kwlvin, I'd like to be counted among the players in this game!

Whatever settings you decide on are fine by me I'm easily pleased!

I think the Vikings sound quite appealing and I'll stick to Krash as my leaders name which may not be very original but it saves me getting too confused

Comment

Blame it on the guy that named the island. And anyway, it's easier to pronounce than "Guadalcanal", "El-Alamein", or Iwo Jima"!

Comment

Kelvin,

I have windows and agree with the settings. If you are still looking for more people, count me in. I already sent you an e-mail to make sure you have the right e-mail address.

------------------
          Franses (like Ramses).
          Franses (like Ramses).

Comment

3 people so far so we still need 2.

I suggest that email alerts be sent for every turn. Posting on the board is optional.

Do we want some sort of quick start? I've never considered the idea, but I might as well ask. If less than majority says so by the time we get 5, then no, but if so, would somebody please explain how may I implement it?

Comment

Just posting this note to keep this near the top of the forum in order to drum up some interest!

Comment

A simple way to "quickstart" is to start with more settlers and gold. The other way I know is to use a preset scenario. Personally, I do not have scenario's for 5 players.
                Franses (like Ramses).

Comment

I have a scenario that gives 5 settlers & 10000 gold to start with if you want I'll send you a copy to look at. Actually, it belongs really to Stavros as I believe he wrote it but I'm sure he won't mind us borrowing it.

We are still in need of a couple more players aren't we?
                  [This message has been edited by Krash (edited August 06, 2000).]

Comment

I've got the scenario but haven't tried it yet... ...I'm surfing right now and I don't feel like booting CTP... ...but I'll just believe the files are good to play with.

Comment

These last two players seem difficult to get. Perhaps we should start a new topic with a heading like "3 PBEM players need 2 more"?

------------------
                      Franses (like Ramses).
                      Franses (like Ramses).

Comment

Hey, don't give up to early! I, call me Sow, and my fellow french people would be very pleased to enter this game.

Comment

Great! Then we are 5.

Shall we get started Kelvin?

Comment

Midway initiated. Turn 0 sent to Wiagra of the Indian nation.

Comment

If you still need a fifth then count me in!

Tyr of the Vikings (or Canadians or Russians even)

dictatyr@usa.net
                              -Tyr
                              To be prepared for war is one of the most effectual means of preserving peace.
                              George Washington, Speech to both Houses of Congress, Jan. 8, 1790.
                              Bartlett's Familiar Quotations

Comment

Working...
                              X