Fly High

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fly High

Eru has made this new world out of nothing.

Let the game begin.........

Maybe the best will win.

Turn to Creator of the Assyrian

We didn't get any PW. The game didn't like it. Once again. Sorry Frank, you came too late.
    [This message has been edited by TheBirdMan (edited September 08, 2000).]
    First they ignore you. Then they laugh at you. Then they fight you. Then you win.

Gandhi

The great creator said .."Let there be a map"....
    and there was a map.

After resting, the great creator said.. "Let there be PW" ...
    but something went wrong and he said "Ah to hell with it!"

King Thor

Comment

Well, my intention was to give some more info at the start.

But my kind and polite family asked: WHAT ARE YOU DOING - GO - MAKE SOME DINNER.

And I did.

But now to something completely different.

Turns are (as Arthur just made it)

Me (DK)
      Creator (PL)
      Touplov (Krash) (UK)
      Ceasar (Vanni) (I)
      Thor (Thor) (US)
      Arthur (Arthur) (US) and
      Gajah Mada (bilhq) (Indo)

Europe > US > EastAsia.

Other settings:

Map, going from 0 (zero) to 10 (ten)

6 (dry)
      4 (warm)
      5 (ocean/land)
      9 (continent)
      10 (diverse)
      5 (Goods)

Size: Gigantic.

Diff: Deity with roving bands.

Shape: Doughnut World

Civs: 7 (Frank was too late, I e-mailed him and others, having posted in the tread thursday morning (dk-time) and known-to-me-players this morning).

Late - I know. But I hope not too late!

Edit - and edit...

First they ignore you. Then they laugh at you. Then they fight you. Then you win.

Gandhi

Comment

Yo Ho and off we go.....

Turn 0 sent to Ceasaer of the Romans.

Comment

Turn 0 to Touplov.

It is very strange, but the last now is the first... [File_name inform me, that this turn I should sent to Touplov, I sorry Thor...]

Comment

Hmm.. wierd.

BirdMan... Did you intend it to be this way or has something gone wrong?
            King Thor

Comment

Umm.. err.. Okay.. so umm.. what happened?
              King Thor

Comment

Does Vanni know that he has to play? I believe he was the last one to be sent the file. I mean its kinda worrying that if its like this in the beginning, how's it gonna be later? I mean we have 7 players. Lets get the game moving already.

-- edit ---
                BTW, I emailed Vanni, and my email bounced.
                Here's the email I used : vanni76@liberto.it

[This message has been edited by King Thor (edited September 10, 2000).]
                King Thor

Comment

Thor:

It is @libero not @liberto

Gandhi

Comment

I have sent Vanni the game twice now. I'm pretty sure I got the email address right vanni76@libero.it so I don't know if he has a problem.

Comment

Krash, has he responded? Did you get in contact with him? I have a feeling he doesn't even know the game has started. hehehe.

I'll email him again with the right address, thanks for correcting me BirdMan.
                      King Thor

Comment

Did vanni respond to your Email Thor? This is getting ridiculous now, perhaps I should put him on AI until someone hears from him. What do you think?

Comment

I think 1 of two things has happened..

Either Vanni doesn't know the game is getting played,

Or he has forgotten about it and wasn't really "commited" to playing the game in the first place.

.. I would expect a person to unexpectedly disappear later in the game where he may loose interest, or something happens and he/she is no longer able to meet the commitment to play their turn. This dude hasn't played even his first turn, maybe we should find a replacement for him.

I think we need to get the game moving, but I think its better that You play his turn for him, or we get a replacement player (temporary or permanent) instead of letting the AI take over, it will mess the Civ up at this critical stage of development.

I vote for the following: You play his turn for him to best of your ability.. meanwhile we try to get in touch with him, if we get no response by turn 3 we find a permanent replacement for him.

TheBirdMan .. You ofcourse since you are creator of this game I call upon you to make the final decision on how to proceed, but we DO need to get the game moving, after all I'm not even the last player of the turn, and we haven't even finished 1 turn yet!

To have fast fun games we needed commited players, slow games are just no fun.
                          King Thor

Comment

I think King thor was right, the game MUST moving.
                            So Vanni Turn should be played by someone else, then we send another e-mail every turn, until the 3th turn, after that we MUST find someone else that would like to play.

Comment

In the day of creation world, a severe deity cast group of Assyrian people on harsh land [only swamps and forest ], but friendly Goodnes [of water], creates for they a small river, thanks to She my people can survive and grow...
                              [This message has been edited by Krzysztof (edited September 11, 2000).]

Comment

Working...
                              X