My game keeps crashing!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My game keeps crashing!!!

I dont know why but recently, CTP just keeps crashing to the desktop for no reason, I've resinstalled several times, reset my computer several times. And its seems random. Sometimes it loads the game, sometimes it just crashes back to the desktop. And it keeps doing that until I restart. Or re-install & restart. Has anyone had this problem? How do I fix this, its annoying me like hell!! I'm running Win2000.
    King Thor

Need more info:
    This game is very dependent on file swaping. I had alot of problems when I had less than 150MB of HDD space left. I also had many problems with my old Cryrix CPU machine. Also check to see if there is any limits on the virtual memory, CTP need a minimum of 100MB and seems to need more if your playing a game on a gigantic map with alot of players. Another thing I noticed was the father along in the game, the more it tended to crash.
    "The greatest happiness of life is the conviction that we are loved - loved for ourselves, or rather, loved in spite of ourselves."--Victor Hugo

Comment

did you crash when trying to load pbem turn ?
      Sometimes I got this problem and iin fact the problem reside on *.csg file which is corrupted
      Apolyton QuickStart for CTP PBEM

Comment

No the problem can't be ram. Atleast I hope not. I have 256 MB RAM.. and my Swap file is minimum 386MB and caps of at 786MB.

And the thing doesn't crash to the desktop just for PBEM games. When ever I try to turn on any game (PBEM or by clicking the CTP icon) it just begins to load up, screeen goes blank, and then 1 second later I'm back at my desktop like nothing ever happened!!
        King Thor

Comment

Check your graphic adapter - evt. reinstall the driver.
          First they ignore you. Then they laugh at you. Then they fight you. Then you win.

Gandhi

Comment

Hmm.. Interesting idea.. I'll try it.
            King Thor

Comment

I tried it. Didn't work. I also installed Service pack 1 for Win2000 and that didn't help either. Reinstalled Win2000 and all the software .. still no difference.

But here's the wierd thing, I went and I tried to run the game on my other machine and it works. It is also running win2000 but none of the other software. Just pute win2K. ... There is some software I've installed that is causing an incompatibility.
              King Thor

Comment

Heh crash

I one of my single player games, if i try to attack an ai destroyer, it crashes. From what it seems, it may be from the sounds, or my audio driver.

So I guess while your checking your video, might as well check audio lol

yeti

Comment

Working...
                X