The S.I.T.G. Group

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The S.I.T.G. Group

The Demogame is coming to a halt! Do you call this the correct speed for a Democracy Game? OKay, I haven't been around a lot either, but I haven't seen a lot new when I have been around! We all need to give the Democracy Game a nice kick in the pants to get it back going, so it can stay alive. The DG graveyard is already too full already...should we want to see this as with the likes of the Civ2 MSDG (only one example of a failed game!)???

The SITG Group will attempt to help to rectify the situation. To become an SITG member, you must recite (quote) the following Pledge with the ()'s filled in:

I, (your name here), dedicate to posting on this Civilization: Call to Power Democracy Game forum at least once a day, from (today's date) forward, unless something happens to me rendering me unable to access Apolyton entirely.

This is not an invitation to (that was just the best, most measurable way I could put it,) but moreso to get back in the game! You can't make posts that decree your status as a gamer if you don't know the game's position right now, so you'll have to read up the forums to make good, useful posts, and then we will have one more in-the-know member of the Game.

---

As a side call, the SITG Group beseeches you:

IF YOU WANT A POSITION, RUN FOR IT, #@%!!@!!!!!!!

~*~
    Edit: And oh yeah- SITG stands for

S TAY I N T HE GAME!!!
    meet the new boss, same as the old boss

Re: The S.I.T.G. Group

I, TheBirdMan, dedicate to posting on this Civilization: Call to Power Democracy Game forum at least once a day, from 6. march 2003 forward, unless something happens to me rendering me unable to access Apolyton entirely.
    First they ignore you. Then they laugh at you. Then they fight you. Then you win.

Gandhi

Comment

I, checkMate, dedicate to posting on this Civilization: Call to Power Democracy Game forum at least once a day, from 6. march 2003 forward, unless something happens to me rendering me unable to access Apolyton entirely.

And that fulfilles todays quota
      If it ain't broke, find a bigger hammer.

Comment

Originally posted by checkMate
        And that fulfilles todays quota
        It is sad - but I have to do the same as you. Fullfill my quota here, as there is nothing really new/ideas to post answers on. And we are not allowed to play forward

Else you should see news/hints etc
        First they ignore you. Then they laugh at you. Then they fight you. Then you win.

Gandhi

Comment

This will only work if (1) enough people sign it (or at least post in the forum) and (2) if the game is actually moving forward. Right now neither is happening so I must decline...
          Administrator of WePlayCiv -- Civ5 Info Centre | Forum | Gallery

Comment

Why isn't the game moving forward?

If more people get in the game, it will start moving again, so more people will sign it, so the game will start moving again...see, Locutus, you need to be a first-comer so you can gloat later that you knew we needed to start back up or it'd die out.
            meet the new boss, same as the old boss

Comment

All right Mister SITG. Open a nomination thread for Judge. Now that would be progress. We are only seven days overdue.

Comment

It appears that no-one knows the election schedule.

It should be

1st of month. Judge nominations start.
                6th of month. Judge Election start.
                8th of month. Judge Election Closed,
                Minister Nomination start.
                13th of month. Minister Election start.
                15th of month. Minister Election End.

Comment

If any of you read Le Café you would see I am having connection problems (and I fear they could be permanent).

I hereby ask the following people to play ahead using information given in the mobilisation thread in this order:

TheBirdMan
                  quinns
                  Nimrod
                  Locutus
                  checkMate
                  mrmitchell

Comment

I'll give it a try when I'm back home.

But don't they have a decent ISP down there in KiwiLand?!

Gandhi

Comment

Originally posted by checkMate
                      It appears that no-one knows the election schedule.

It should be

1st of month. Judge nominations start.
                      6th of month. Judge Election start.
                      8th of month. Judge Election Closed,
                      Minister Nomination start.
                      13th of month. Minister Election start.
                      15th of month. Minister Election End.
                      or here's an idea: we start all elections at the same time. that way is confusing as hell

Comment

Turn played and uploaded (copy forwarded directly to Quinns).

Gandhi

Comment

There is only two starting dates 1st and 8th.
                          The only problem is that the court hasn't paid any attention and started a Nomination thread.

Comment

MrMitchell hasn't posted today

Comment

I have played two turns.

Our warrior spotted a stack of three Greek units (Brigade sized) just exiting Sparta and heading south towards Red City. The top unit is a Legion but the other two are unknown. I recommend to send the next phalanx from Atlantis to Red City to bolster the defense there. A fortified stack of two phalanx in city hills should be able to defend against a stack of three legions, but by the time they get there (4 turns away) we should have three phalanx there in Red City. If it is Awesome AI being used, they will know the strength of the defenders BEFORE they attack, so they wont attack if it is well defended.

MoD

Comment

Working...
                              X