Nomination: President

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nomination: President

All citizens interested in the office of president should submit there nomination bid here.

Good Luck, and welcome to the CTP - Democracy Game.
    If it ain't broke, find a bigger hammer.

I nominate myself as a candidate for presidency.

And this nomination thread shall be closed in 3 days...

Comment

I second Frozzy's nomination.

Comment

I would like to record that the election process starts on the eighth of the month, and that the election process will end on the sixteenth of the month. There will be a three day nomination, and a five day polling to elect the president.

In the future all election cycles will start on the eighth day of the month and will end on the sixteenth.

Comment

Fozzy, our consitiution gives me, a member of the court, the ability to post election threads, these threads include nomination threads, for it is a part of the election process.

article III section 4 subsection (f) states;

(f) The Court is responsible for organizing elections. It shall post election polls and nomination threads whenever they are needed, as defined in article III and article IV.

nowhere does it say the Senior judge has the exclusive right to post nomination threads, it does state however that the COURT IS RESPONSIBLE FOR ELECTIONS (caps for effect). And as voted by the citizens, I am in the court.

I bring this to attention because my presidential nomination thread was locked. I know theres no point in unlocking it now, but for the future, I would like it not to happen again.

sorry to slam the book at you but i am a judge afterall its my job to know this stuff.
          All rise of the honourable Miggio, for 2 months at least.

Comment

I would have to say that Miggio is partially right. The power to start nomination threads does not rest solely with the Senior Justice. However the court is required to rule by concensus of at least two judges. Unless the constitution grants more general powers to a single member. But the constitution does not actually grant even the Senior Justice unilateral right to start a NOMINATION thread. Only the "COURT" may start one. By starting this thread I was 2nding your starting the nomination process.

Comment

ok checkmate, how about we do this, one of the judges whichever one, posts a nomination thread or election thread, then one of the other members of the court just posts saying its offical or something like that.

ps: i went through the entire contitution and fixed all the grammer mistakes WORD can fix then i put it together and posted it.

untill we find someone that wants to be the clerk of the court, ill hold all the records of the constitution and cases, and other things i c fit to copy to my hard drive

Comment

Actually, checkmate's term ends with the posting of the next elections (which will be posted by miggio), if you read the constitution.

I am a judge in the CtP2DG, and have worked with the constitution for over 3 months, before this DG was even created.

I think I should know the consitutution.

Comment

ok, when you can show me that its writen in the constitution then ill have to belive you, but untill then, my postition stands firm.

exerpt from the judical branch article
                  (c) The moment the election of a Judge position starts, shall be the moment on which the Judge who enters the last month of his term becomes the Senior Justice.

this language can be interpreted like this, using our current court, we have checkmate the senior justice, and me the next senior justice. all of our judges were elected on the 7th of febuary, as with all elections we have nominations for 3 days and the actual election is 5 days after that. therefore checkmate could start his own nomination thread on march 4th 3 days before the end of his term, and the election thread would be started by me on the 7th when i assume the position of senior justice, checkmate would now be a regular citizen for 5 days while election take place, but if he ran again and was elected he would be justice(3-month) on the 12th of march. then i would start my nomination thread on the 4th of april.

but my point was the senior justice does not have the exclusive right to post the nomination/election threads.
                  Last edited by miggio; February 8, 2003, 03:41.

Comment

checkmate would now be a regular citizen for 5 days while election take place
                    No, an official doesn't loose his position until after a successor has been elected, so he would become a regular Judge, not a Citizen.

When the Court needs to act multilaterally (for example, to post election threads), there's no need for an official confirmation but they should contact each other in private to discuss matters and once they agree, one of the Court members (preferably but not necessarily the Senior Justice) needs to take action. Private communication (mainly ICQ/MSN and PM) between Judges (as well as between the Court and the mod(s)) has proven to be a very important part of the job in other DGs.

Frozzy needs to back off and trust that the Judges do their work properly If not, there are rules and procedures to deal with that (one of them being that the Court rules over unconstitutional threads, not the mods).
                    Administrator of WePlayCiv -- Civ5 Info Centre | Forum | Gallery

Comment

Honorable Gentlemen of the Court...

For official documents, your spelling is distracting...

written not writen
                      until not untill
                      excerpt not exerpt
                      judicial not judical
                      believe not belive
                      "... lose his position... " not "... loose his position..."

Comment

Yes agreed, I am apalled by the spelling.

(or is that appalled?)

After we sort out the number of ministers, we will submit another ammendment with a slightly spruced up text. I was also not happy with the wording I used for the appeals of denied cases. But the main thing now is the ministers as pointed out by Locutus. Because if we don't get that sorted we really will have a constiutional crises with the current elections.

Comment

the only offical peice of documentation presented has been excerpts from the constitution.

just because i wrote my argument at 3 in the morning doesnt mean i have to spell right.

another thing, i dont care if you know how to spell, as long is u get the point

Comment

Originally posted by miggio
                            the only offical peice of documentation presented has been excerpts from the constitution.

just because i wrote my argument at 3 in the morning doesnt mean i have to spell right.

another thing, i dont care if you know how to spell, as long is u get the point
                            Miggio, relax. I said it in good humor. Don't take it the wrong way...

Comment

As with the current topped 4 minester contitution, the president is out lined here

I. The President
                              (a) The President shall physically play the game on a regular and scheduled basis whenever possible and post the save and a complete report of the game events to the forum.
                              (b)The President is encouraged to use turn chats, turn threads, or any other similar method while playing the game.
                              (c) The President must follow the instructions of the Court, the Ministers and their delegates while playing the game and doesn't hold any veto powers unless specifically named in the constitution. If an instruction is clearly erroneous, or by changed circumstances made impossible or harmful the President may decide in the best interest of the game.
                              (d) In case of missing orders for a whole turn from a minister and all his delegates the President may only play on if at least two cabinet members and 3 other citizens are present in a turn chat.
                              (e) The President is in charge of naming all new cities of the empire regardless of how the cities were created or assimilated. A name has to be evaluated by the citizens through an Official Poll (article IV, section 3-II) before a city is named.
                              (f) The President has the power over the money reserve. Therefore every money spending decision must have the approval of the President in order to be act.
                              (g) The President controls what government type is used in the game, but may only change this after this has been evaluated by the citizens through an Official Poll (article IV, section 3-II).

Comment

Working...
                              X