No announcement yet.

Constitutional Convention on Bill of Rights

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A game's max length is 500 turns, although I don't see us going past 300...

For more information on the banning issue please contact Ming, and you may even get a free trip to Mingapulco while you're there if you're lucky

Comment

Oh, and that isn't a bad copy and paste job, HT did say that was the CtP2DG BoR, not the proposed CtPDG one

Comment

Idea!

We need some sort of punishments for these rules that are enforcable by the Court. This will probably be set by precedent, but I'd like to know what is possible (a 100 year ban? )

Also, we need to throw in one that says anytime the government attempts to reduce our rights, we can lock 'em up and throw away the key.

meet the new boss, same as the old boss

Comment

look in the judicial branch thread for possible punishments

Comment

Idea!

In the Judicial Branch Thread, Miggio pointed out that the wording of the Constitution allowed the Court to force a person to be Clerk. I suggest to avert this we add this:

6. Neither the government, nor any citizen, nor any entity in the Game, may force persons into unwanted work.

I.e., you couldn't be made to be the Clerk of the Court. Probably could find a more confusing synonym for "unwanted work" but don't feel like it, besides, we should make the document less confusing.

Comment

Also:

Judicial Branch 4(d) says that a possible punishment is "Barring from Government Positions."

I suggest that we make the Bill of Rights include "Right to Run for Government Positions." Also, we need to make teh Bill of Rights the highest law of the land, because this stuff limits the government, and an all-powerful Government is not what I want, nor anyone (probably). (Government=bad. :P )

Comment

Ok, can this be the BoR with the ctp edit and MrMitchells additional lazy mans clause.

1. Any person who has registered to participate in this Democracy Game in the CtP Democracy Game CivGroup is considered a Citizen. No person shall be denied the right to become a Citizen.

2. No Citizen shall ever be in any poll denied the right to vote and to keep this vote private. No Citizen shall ever be forced to vote in any poll.

3. Freedom of speech and the right to associate into any form of organization shall not be denied unless it violates Apolyton rules.

4. No citizen may be punished in any way without the consent of the Court. Still no one shall be banned permanently from participating in the Democracy Game, excluding those who are permanently banned from Apolyton. Note that people may still be banned for any amount of time, as long as it is not permanent.

5. The government may not knowingly hide information or give false information to the people. Therefore all citizens shall have access to the saved games. However, no Citizen shall ever 'play ahead'.

6. No citizen may be compelled to undertake any activity without consent.
                If it ain't broke, find a bigger hammer.

Comment

Working...
                X