The Frozzy Plan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Frozzy Plan

This is the Frozzy Plan. Brought to you by Frozzy v.2.0046482.

N.B. Underlined words are explained in the glossary at the end

Brief Outline of the Frozzy Plan
    • To revitalise the CtPDG
    • Make it fun!
    • Make it challenging
    • Make it different and unique

Governments

The CtPDG government will change with the in-game government, making it very very interactive.

Anarchy: The first person to pick up the saved game has the right to play it how he wishes and needs not be the leader of the nation pre-revolution, nor a minister nor listen to any plans laid out by the governments.

Tyranny: A tyrant is chosen by popular vote. This tyrant may elect ministers as he wishes (or not), and may do anything he likes without the people's consent. Only an assasination will remove him from power, or he may abdicate his throne. To be replaced, the tyrant chooses another citizen to take his place.

Monarchy: After the revolution, the previous tyrant is automatically given rengency. There is also a religious head (called "Pope" for the duration of this article for typing purposes only) who is elected for the entirety of the Monarchy (unless he is forced to step down due to RL activities, ergo he elects a successor). The Pope does not wield any power except that of accepting a new monarch, and may demand the monarch step down (popular vote). The monarch steps down when kicked out by the Pope or when he abdicates.

Theocracy: A group of people (3?) are elected (formal poll & nominations) to be the church. The church is law. They may be assasinated, or they may resign. They have all power and may have advisors from the citizenry to aid them. It is their responsibilty to decide what to do amongst themselves.

Republic: The people elect a Senate. The senate elects amongst themselves a Consul through whatever means. There are elections every x time. It is their responsiblity to keep it fair to the people. If they do not run elections, the people may poll to revolt against the Senate. The nation thus plunges into anarchy.

Fascism: This state can only be achieved via a coup d'etat. The dictator has supreme control over the state and can do what he likes. However he can be assasinated and the nation plunges into anarchy.

Communism This is where the proleteriat rise up in a revolution. Everyone decides and chooses a leader by popular vote. The leader chooses his cronies (the Communist Party), and the leader must listen to the Communist Party to decide what best to do. There are no elections, nor are there polls. The Communist Party is supposed to be the representative of the Proletariat to the leader.

Democracy People vote for parties. Anyone can make a party, and join one. The party has a leader. The party with the most votes has it's leader as the President. The President chooses ministers and there are elections every x time.

Coporate Republic: Similar to Democratic Parties, there are Corporations. There is no leader, per se, only a High Commissioner. The High Commissioner plays the turns. He polls the people who vote. He MUST follow what is done in the polls. If not, the Corporations may exile him and a new High Commissioner is chosen by a poll. The corporations own a set of tiles (e.g. grass, plains etc.) and all the goods on them. If a unit is to move onto a tile, the owner of the tile must give his consent. Corporations gain 3 gold per person in their corp. Gold may be exchanged for the gold production of a set of tiles. Gold may also be used to pay other corps.

Technocracy: People are made "in charge" by popular vote. If you are not "in charge" you have no say in country affairs. You do, however, have a say in what is produced and who works where (i.e. domestic affairs). People in charge must listen to the poor's opinion on domestic affairs or the unions may strike

Ecotopia: See Fascism, except the dictator is a group of people (the coup d'etat elects a group of people, not a single person)

Virtual Democracy: No fancy parties, no fancy elections. This is a straight vote. A president is elected and is expected to poll the people. Everyone has a vote. No ministers. The president is replaced or extends his term every x time. Anyone may make a poll. Anyone may do anything (except play the turn).

Glossary
    popular vote - no formal poll, just a movement amongst people. If there is no clear winner, a formal poll takes place
    assasination - a poll takes place to assasinate the ruler. If the majority vote in favour, he carks it.
    coup d'etat - the person starts a poll and if he wins, he runs the government as a fascist state.
    revolution - similar to assasination, except the entire nation plunges into anarchy.
    ministers - elected by the president
    exile - similar to assasination, except he cannot rule again unless the corporations vote to let him back into the nation
    strike - formal poll, if people say strike, the nation can either choose anarchy, or the government can satisfy the worker's demands before the end of the poll.

Notes:
    There are no judges. The people rule!
    There are no constitutions. The people rule! (except for tyrannical governments, where they have an extremelty loud voice )
    All polls are never longer than 5 days.
    The game is played as a PBEM.
    The other players are dictators who run their own state and are BANNED from the main forum.
    There is no provision for unilateral withdrawal from the dictators without a replacement.
    If this is accepted, this shall no longer be known as the CtP-Democracy Game.

Re: The Frozzy Plan

Originally posted by Frozzy
    Notes:
    There are no judges. The people rule!
    There are no constitutions. The people rule! (except for tyrannical governments, where they have an extremelty loud voice )
    All polls are never longer than 5 days.
    The game is played as a PBEM.
    The other players are dictators who run their own state and are BANNED from the main forum.
    There is no provision for unilateral withdrawal from the dictators without a replacement.
    If this is accepted, this shall no longer be known as the CtP-Democracy Game.
    Stupid Questions: How we play it PBEM? If all players have their own state, isn´t it just another PBEM-game?
    Last edited by Pave; October 24, 2003, 09:25.
    The Chuck Norris military unit was not used in the game Civilization 4, because a single Chuck Norris could defeat the entire combined nations of the world in one turn.
    - Chuck Norris Facts

Comment

I meant that there is the core DGers (i.e. us), plus 1 or 2 people who play alone.

Comment

I will happily be one of the two playing alone if such a need arises. I'm already involved in two DGs so a third in any other form would be problematic for me.
        I'm not conceited, conceit is a fault and I have no faults...

Civ and WoW are my crack... just one... more... turn...

Comment

I will volunteer as the other "Dictator", if you like.

Comment

What about going for the "team" thing as suggested when the first game started. A separte forum could be created for each team, plus a general forum for everyone. Is that possible or another nimrodic suggestion from yours truly?
            So one guy turns to another guy and says "T.A.I." His friends says "What?" He responds by saing "Think about it;)"

Comment

If we did that, I would suggest each team needs at least 5 players per team to enter.

Comment

I strongly suggest that you steer well clear of teams. There simply aren't enough people for it.

Comment

Agreed. Are we going to use any mods this time around?
                  So one guy turns to another guy and says "T.A.I." His friends says "What?" He responds by saing "Think about it;)"

Comment

Not that I want to be a killjoy, but if you're playing PBEM, then mods are probably a bad idea - they are a bit unstable in multiplayer, and have a tendency to break down in mid game unless everyone concerned has near-identical setups (which is harder to achieve than you might think).

Well, in fact it's perhaps not quite so bad as that - it's certainly worse in internet play than in PBEM - but consider that none of the many attempts to start a MedMod PBEM have succeeded - I believe the best attempt reached about turn 20.

If you're playing against human opponents, then the main reason for using the mods - better AI - is much less significant.

Comment

I agree with J Bytheway.

Comment

J Bytheway has a most excellent point.

I thus propose this: You may have a team IF you have over 5 players. If not, you must join one of the already outstanding teams.

Comment

Thus the old game is dead?
                          Consul.

Back to the ROOTS of addiction. My first missed poll!

Comment

/me nods to MWIA.
                            I'm not conceited, conceit is a fault and I have no faults...

Civ and WoW are my crack... just one... more... turn...

Comment

"revolution - similar to assasination, except the entire nation plunges into anarchy."

When we plunge into anarchy do we have to set the game government to anarchy?
                              If it ain't broke, find a bigger hammer.

Comment

Working...
                              X