X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Constitutional Convention on Bill of Rights

Current CtP2 Bill of rights

Article I: Bill of Rights

1. Any person who has registered to participate in this Democracy Game in the CtP2 Democracy Game CivGroup is considered a Citizen. No person shall be denied the right to become a Citizen.

2. No Citizen shall ever be in any poll denied the right to vote and to keep this vote private. No Citizen shall ever be forced to vote in any poll.

3. Freedom of speech and the right to associate into any form of organization shall not be denied unless it violates Apolyton rules.

4. No citizen may be punished in any way without the consent of the Court. Still no one shall be banned permanently from participating in the Democracy Game, excluding those who are permanently banned from Apolyton. Note that people may still be banned for any amount of time, as long as it is not permanent.

5. The government may not knowingly hide information or give false information to the people. Therefore all citizens shall have access to the saved games. However, no Citizen shall ever 'play ahead'.

Looks good to me...
    Administrator of WePlayCiv -- Civ5 Info Centre | Forum | Gallery

Comment

Belive this is the best Bill of Rights from all the DG around apolyton. Only the saved game acess must be dicussed.
      "Kill a man and you are a murder.
      Kill thousands and you are a conquer.
      Kill all and you are a God!"
      -Jean Rostand

Comment

Why? You don't want everyone to have it?

Comment

Originally posted by Locutus
          Why? You don't want everyone to have it?
          Actually the best is with it. But sometimes i wonder if someone is cheating in our game

Maybe the people here may think this is a problem.
          "Kill a man and you are a murder.
          Kill thousands and you are a conquer.
          Kill all and you are a God!"
          -Jean Rostand

Comment

Ha H does this mean that all people in the ctp and ctp2 civgroups are citizens or is it a typo
            . Any person who has registered to participate in this Democracy Game in the CtP2 Democracy Game CivGroup is considered a Citizen.
            Blessed Be

Comment

That's just a rather poor copy-paste job

Comment

Oh
                Blessed Be

Comment

Look ok, anything else to discuss?
                  So one guy turns to another guy and says "T.A.I." His friends says "What?" He responds by saing "Think about it;)"

Comment

Ok with me.
                    If it ain't broke, find a bigger hammer.

Comment

Hey!

Question!

What is the definition of "permanent" at the end of IV?

For example, a ban of "100 years" is technically not permanent if you go by the definition of "unending."

(Not that I'm planning to do anything...just in the defense of the little guy... )
                      meet the new boss, same as the old boss

Comment

Well, after a 100 years they can post again. Permanent means never ending. Never. Mwahahahahahaha

Hey wait, that could happen to me

Run kiddies! Run!

Comment

I request that we patch up the copy/paste problems before we actually put it in our Constitution.

(It'd be funny trying to have a challenge based on the grounds of "I was in teh Ctp2 group, so I should be in the Ctp1DG too!")

Just minor fixes. There's nothing wrong with the document.

However, there's still a problem (in my mind) with the definition of "permanent". Is it a month? A year? A lot of this depends on how many turns are in CtP games and how long we expect to take for each turn. Can someone help me here?

Comment

Permanent is forever, non-permanent is anything shorter than that and something which is determined in advance. The exact length of bans would have to be determined by the Court, the mod(s) and the site admins. If for some reason we agree that it's absolutely necessary for someone to be banned for a year, we shall do so. But I for one can't imagine any circumstance where we would actually do that. Banning people is a serious punishment and shouldn't be used lightly.

I think the longest time anyone has ever been banned from Apolyton (excluding perma-bans) is something around 100 days (for repeatedly breaking the rules and after having banned for shorter periods of time several time before), so roughly 3 months. I think that if we ever get around to banning people from the DG (which I don't expect and hope), that's in practice also a maximum to work with. But I can't read the future so we can't say anything about that in advance...

Comment

It'd really help if I knew how many turns were in a CtP game and how long we plan to take.

However, Locust's explanation of 3 months is ok with me; just want to know more specifics. Banning is indeed a very serious issue.

(Not that I plan to do anything to be banned, I'm just standing up for the little guy here... )

Comment

Working...
                              X