Democracy vs. Dictatorship

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Democracy vs. Dictatorship

How about some civs controlled by human players (non democratic), this will provide more challenging opponents, and more diplomatic options.

Heh, that is a pretty good idea. A few irresponsible despots operating outside the norms of the civilized world have always managed to spice up history.
    If it ain't broke, find a bigger hammer.

Comment

Good idea!

Comment

Yeah, it also means we could play unmodded and have challenging opponents.

Comment

So who will have the potato on their penis'?
          So one guy turns to another guy and says "T.A.I." His friends says "What?" He responds by saing "Think about it;)"

Comment

Hmm, intreguing idea... I think I like it...

But we *would* have to deny these persons access to this forum (which is possible but requires Markos's consent), or they would have access to all our maps, screenshots, decisions, discussions, etc, which would give them a considerable advantage. And we would have to be able to trust these people so they wouldn't just create DLs or bribe people to get around this barrier...
            Administrator of WePlayCiv -- Civ5 Info Centre | Forum | Gallery

Comment

Locutus, only the "moderator" of each private forum can allow access, even if they are part of the civgroup (as shown in the PtWDG)

Comment

Actually, this DG forum will have to remain public (or else new members can't ever join it), but we would have to DENY people access, rather than the other way around. I think that's possible but can only be done by admins (Markos, Dan, Ming).

Comment

I volunteer to play one of the "Evil Despots"! I promise that I will not attempt to look into your private forum. I would hope that there would be a "public" forum for this game that would represent propaganda from all perspectives.

Comment

And I would certainly also want to be one....... Despot I mean.

And make the public forum in the MP-area.

And I think "despots" should try - not be forced to - write a little "tale" at least every 4-6-8 turns to keep the game interesting for other players.
                    First they ignore you. Then they laugh at you. Then they fight you. Then you win.

Gandhi

Comment

i don't like the idea because making decsions in a demogame take FOREVER, usually 4 days. to make up for it the president plays several turns at once. This game would absolutely crawl if we played pbem fashion

Comment

I think we should play online, not PBEM, if we were to do this. I agree that DGs can't possible be played as PBEM, that's just not doable.

Comment

I volunteer to play a very easy "Evil Despot" because I don't have the game.
                          meet the new boss, same as the old boss

Comment

I have an idea:

~5 turns will be played at a time, two a week, online.

There will be turnchats during this period.

Then you can decide what to do next.

Comment

If we are going to take it that far, why not have 2 or 3 democracy teams and 2 or 3 despots. Spies are nothing new to us today. But Joe Shmo cant just walk up to the prez and say hey where do you keep the nukes around here. Intelligence and counter-intelligence would add an interesting flair to the game.
                              So one guy turns to another guy and says "T.A.I." His friends says "What?" He responds by saing "Think about it;)"

Comment

Working...
                              X