820 Ad

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 820 Ad

It was suggested to begin spreading buddhism in our cities from port lima. I assume such a plan would involve converting to buddhism and spreading it via (40 hammer) missionarys.

Just because its friday and im bored, a screenshot barrage. From these we can discern the state of our glorious, ancient, and magnanimously mercifulenary empire.

Last edited by Slade Wilson; June 20, 2008, 12:41.
    A ship at sea is its own world. To be the captain of a ship is to be the unquestioned ruler of that world and requires all of the leadership skills of a prince or minister.

Men grow tired of sleep, love, singing and dancing, sooner than war

I don't think you need to switch. Building a monastary and making missionaries would suffice. No reason to go through the whole turn of anarchy thing.

I'm not entirely sure we want to be spreading it at this point, however. We're looking at a potential war again in the future and any happiness we gain from the religion will be negated by the whole War Weariness from the same faith.

Maybe AC would like to send a missionary over...
    One who has a surplus of the unorthodox shall attain surpassing victories. - Sun Pin
    You're wierd. - Krill

An UnOrthOdOx Hobby

Comment

I just realized when switching through cities cIV keeps the last foodbox indicator pressed over whatever the recent cities foodbox is, so you cant see the food +\-
      A ship at sea is its own world. To be the captain of a ship is to be the unquestioned ruler of that world and requires all of the leadership skills of a prince or minister.

Comment

That's just a quirk with its popovers - you should be able to clear that. It won't do it if you didn't pop over it at a time where it was unable to deal properly with it.
        <Reverend> IRC is just multiplayer notepad.
        I like your SNOOPY POSTER! - While you Wait quote.

Comment

Oh, screenies remind me. General idea was to switch to working some hammers in AB and whip that epic ASAP.

So, Zulu needs to be moved off the copper and hill to the 2 cottaged river tiles AB is working, and give AB the copper and hill for now.

IIRC it won't be long before we can whip.
          One who has a surplus of the unorthodox shall attain surpassing victories. - Sun Pin
          You're wierd. - Krill

An UnOrthOdOx Hobby

Comment

In that arrangement, AB will have epic in 6 turns, 178\250 hammers with 12 per turn. We can whip it for 3 pops. Next turn we can whip it for 2 pops.

Incredible oversight on my part on that, i recall wondering how the heck AB was ever going to finish....

Comment

Yeah, 2 pop is fine. It can switch back to food and make those back up in no time.
              You're wierd. - Krill

An UnOrthOdOx Hobby

Comment

I was thinking we could build a library first though, as we have no pressing need for happiness+ empirewide and its already started last turn.

About the units near port lima-i guess they will head towards foxtrot for now. Our whole army may need permanent garrisons away from cities though-how big is religious line of sight?

Comment

I was thinking we could build a library first though, as we have no pressing need for happiness+ empirewide and its already started last turn.
                  I'm not entirely sure we want to be spreading it at this point, however. We're looking at a potential war again in the future and any happiness we gain from the religion will be negated by the whole War Weariness from the same faith.
                  Right, already answered this.

Ill send the turn in a moment, then.

Comment

I moved the axes near foxtrot, and left the archers. Reasoning is move2 units could on the same turn as a declaration of war, occupy the hill south of lima. So after library finishes in fort sierra, i suggest making a spearman to also garrison that tile.

Turned

Comment

Working...
                    X