Tech Path Discussion for after Construction

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tech Path Discussion for after Construction

After Construction, we're in an interesting spot.

We'll have a local tech lead. And increasing that margin. Since Machinery won the Engineer poll, I highly doubt military techs are really needed.

So, a list of options that I see.
    • The Optics Beeline:

Sailing > Compass >Optics.

Sailing would allow us to colonize that little island to the east, and allow us to pillage up some Sarantine fishies. Plus, the Lighthouses would help increase our food dominance.

Personally, I say Sailing should be soon no matter what beeline we take due to all that.

Compass gives harbors and explorers. Neither extremely usefull at the moment.

Optics, being the goal here, for the Caravels. This is our ticket to earliest contact, and possibly circumnavigation.

• Taoism Gambit

Drama > Philosophy

Not the traditional path to philosophy there, eh?

Drama can solve happiness problems for us for a time by allowing slider work. Theaters are a 1 pop rush for us, and can thus be used very aggressively. Coupled with our Creative culture bonus already, and we'll be pushing back anyone.

Taoism...

It's a gamble. The other side of the pond may very well be beelining liberalism, and thus potentially researching philosophy.
    • Christianity Gambit

Monotheism > Theology

IMO less of a gamle. The only incentive on the other side of the pond would be for Sistine. They've probably got better wonders to go after.

Thoughts?

Other ideas?
    One who has a surplus of the unorthodox shall attain surpassing victories. - Sun Pin
    You're wierd. - Krill

An UnOrthOdOx Hobby

Well, beelining for optics assumes that we'll have the resources to afford the settle other islands - after all, a city building ships or settlers isn't helping the war effort. If we think it's a secondary plan that we can afford, I'd say go for it.

If we don't think we can spare the hammers, then Drama looks very tempting.
    Join a Democracy Game today!
    | APO: Civ4 - Civ4 Multi-Team - Civ4 Warlords Multi-Team - SMAC | CFC: Civ4 DG2 - Civ4 Multi-Team - Civ3 Multi-Team 2 | Civ3 ISDG - Civ4 ISDG |

Comment

War Weariness creaping in may very well force our hands on the drama thing.
      One who has a surplus of the unorthodox shall attain surpassing victories. - Sun Pin
      You're wierd. - Krill

An UnOrthOdOx Hobby

Comment

Yea, sailing, then drama sounds good to me.
        Captain of Team Apolyton - ISDG 2012

When I was younger I thought curfews were silly, but now as the daughter of a young woman, I appreciate them. - Rah

Comment

Working...
        X