Archimedes the GE and how to use him.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Archimedes the GE and how to use him.

We have been planning to use Archimedes to rush a wonder such as GL\hanging gardens. With the sarantium invasion now attacking along a second front the need for more, or fewer but better troops, has become critical. Using the GE to research machinery, we could put crossbowmen in the field, and should easily repel this invasion. Of course, to get the iron, we have to burn a settler on a somewhat useless city site and also give up our immediate wonder aspirations. But i see little choice, as without some sort of tech advantage we can only clear their stacks out with numerical superiority and at tremendous cost in axes and horse archers.

We also need to compel horde to cough that settler they owe us and get some reparations from sarantium.

If you vote to build a wonder, post your reasoning and a plan, please See turn thread for 225 BC
    Research Machinery
    50.00%
    Keep him for a wonder
    0.00%
    Banana...
    50.00%

The poll is expired.

Last edited by Slade Wilson; October 21, 2007, 11:29.
    A ship at sea is its own world. To be the captain of a ship is to be the unquestioned ruler of that world and requires all of the leadership skills of a prince or minister.

Men grow tired of sleep, love, singing and dancing, sooner than war

I'm undecided. I'd hate to waste a GE on a tech since a wonder would have far more impact for us long term. But I'm a builder at heart and having a wonder won't do us any good if all our cities lie in flames.

If it is really necessary to save ourselves, then sure, go for machinery, but otherwise my preference is holding onto him for a wonder.
    Captain of Team Apolyton - ISDG 2012

When I was younger I thought curfews were silly, but now as the daughter of a young woman, I appreciate them. - Rah

Comment

I don't think the actual decision needs to be made till next turn, IIRC. By then, we should know for sure exactly what we're faced with.
      One who has a surplus of the unorthodox shall attain surpassing victories. - Sun Pin
      You're wierd. - Krill

An UnOrthOdOx Hobby

Comment

The GE only needs to be cashed in on the same turn the iron hooks up
        A ship at sea is its own world. To be the captain of a ship is to be the unquestioned ruler of that world and requires all of the leadership skills of a prince or minister.

Men grow tired of sleep, love, singing and dancing, sooner than war

Comment

Working...
        X