of Banana Myth & Culture

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• of Banana Myth & Culture

In other games I've played it was always good to have a location for information on the Civ we are playing. In the past it was Ancient Rome, Babylon, Shogun Era Japan. In this game we are Team Banana. We need a central place for Banana Myth & Culture. I will try to use this thread to reference this growing silliness err rich culture.

Please feel free to add to this, contradict it, suggest new things...

god/creator: The Great Banana (whose name shall not be uttered)
    minor gods: ?

Official language:
    Esperanto, at least since La Nova Ordo.

But let's keep this our little secret - if it is one. Let the other teams try to figure out our place names and titles.

World Names & Places:
    This Continent - Nia Kontinento (Our Continent)
    The other unknown Continent - Ilia Lando (Their Land)
    also called Baldaŭ Estas Nia (Soon It Is Ours)
    The Seas - ?
    Rivers -
    * Okcidenta Rivero (West River)
    A picture.
    It was mentioned by fed here.

Known Peoples of the World:
    * Homoj De Boneco (the Peoples of Goodness) or simply Boneco
    Alpha Centuri
    Gathering Storm
    Team Banana
    Vox

* Malbonaj Homoj (Bad People) or simply Malbonaj
    None have been met. These are a mythical people banished to Ilia Lando across the seas.

Customs, Terms and Traditions:
    * We have been known to smoke banana peels. These are especially smoked on the Yellow Mountain by our wise men when seeking an answer from The Great Banana.
    * Our women have been known to wear banana peels on their feet during times of mourning and national sorrow.

* We drink Banana Beer.
    * I once refered to cows as Hippolactuses (Milk Horses).

Our History in Brief:
    * The Alpha Centurians were our first contact and have always been friends of the Banana and we are impressed with their Yang.
    * We have had no wars.
    * We have been a peaceful people looking to push science forward with our friends and neighbors.
    Last edited by Daddy-O; June 22, 2007, 13:08.
    Banano Laŭrajta Registaro en Ekzilo - Bananoj gismorte!| Cows O' Plenty|Wish List For ciV | Ming on Spammers: ...And, how do you know that I'm not just spamming by answering him |"This is all about peace; and in the quest for peace you have none." -my son wise beyond his years

Banano Laŭrajta Registaro en Ekzilo - Bananoj gismorte!| Cows O' Plenty|Wish List For ciV | Ming on Spammers: ...And, how do you know that I'm not just spamming by answering him |"This is all about peace; and in the quest for peace you have none." -my son wise beyond his years

Comment

another placeholder

Comment

Good stuff!
        I don't know why he saved my life. Maybe in those last moments he loved life more than he ever had before. Not just his life - anybody's life, my life. All he'd wanted were the same answers the rest of us want. Where did I come from? Where am I going? How long have I got? All I could do was sit there and watch him die.

Comment

When reffering to eachother, should we use the Esperanto version of eachother's name? If so, I am Vol (Vol9 really, but that is to obvious).
          USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA!
          The video may avatar is from

Comment

I doubt mine will translate...............
            I don't know why he saved my life. Maybe in those last moments he loved life more than he ever had before. Not just his life - anybody's life, my life. All he'd wanted were the same answers the rest of us want. Where did I come from? Where am I going? How long have I got? All I could do was sit there and watch him die.

Comment

Pacjo-O

Comment

I found a picture of the Okcidenta Rivero. Our frontier to the west.
                Attached Files

Comment

Yep - that is it.

Comment

EPW & Will9

Excellent work!

Comment

I'm tired of looking for this.
                      *bump*

Comment

Can I use hex values for colors?
                        Can I use javascript names for colors?

Just testing.
                        Last edited by Daddy-O; October 10, 2007, 15:06.

Comment

Working...
                        X