X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 860 Ad

Omg teh turn is in!

Gonna take a look at it a bit later.
    -- What history has taught us is that people do not learn from history.
    -- Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the Universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the Universe is winning.

Ok I did the obvious stuff, but there are some decisions to be made about our stuff in the south and exploring caravels.

Midturn attached.
    Attached Files
    -- Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the Universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the Universe is winning.

Comment

Originally posted by binTravkin
      Ok I did the obvious stuff, but there are some decisions to be made about our stuff in the south and exploring caravels.

Midturn attached.
      exploring caravels :
      => the one east of sarantium : move east and explore the bay between our core territory and GS' core territory

=> the one west of mercs : continue north mapping the merc's coast (popping in/out their culture borders at sea)

The stuff south :
      => The knights on the caravel : I suggest moving the caravel one tile SW and unloading the knights SW. Then next turn moving *1* tile SE. This will put our 2 knights on a 2-tile distance from GS' capital. The turn after that we can move SE again to see what's in the capital and either retreat (it was a usefull exploration) or take a lucky shot at capturing it. The caravel can move a little bit around, it only has to be back in time to pick up the knights again.

=> Our own troops: the ones above our mass-stack : continue south, moving them all onto our stack. The maceman SE of our stack : try to move alone to the eastern part of GS' territory for some pillaging / scouting.

This is all without reading any discussions / arguments from others about this turn, after a quick look. Consider it just a not-completely-well-informed opinion :-), but if it helps to move on the turn...
      no sig

Comment

Ok.

I just realised I have to reinstall civ + c4dg since I reinstalled my gfs pc (did that downgrade to xp from vista at last).

Comment

so, bt, what were your thoughts on these things? I can play these moves, but I'd rather not decide alone as there must have been a reason you wanted to discuss them.
          no sig

Comment

So, I played the turn with the moves above.

There's only one strange thing : the game was showing we would complete music in one turn, but when pressing end turn it seemed not the case.

Before pressing endturn, music was +/- 50% completed, although the info showed "music (0/857)". We got some +300 research points this turn according to the economy dialog. After endturn we got to "music (~820/857)". So, music isn't finished yet. We have 30 gold left and run at -130/turn if we set 100% research.

Here is the turn (just before hitting endturn) so you can check it out.
            no sig

Comment

sorry, forgot attachment
              Attached Files
              no sig

Comment

I need to catch up.
                On the ISDG 2012 team at the heart of CiviLIZation

Comment

No rush, there's plenty of time.

Comment

Alright I had a good look around the mid turn 860 AD turn above, now to look at the diplomacy history.
                    On the ISDG 2012 team at the heart of CiviLIZation

Comment

Working...
                    X