• Show
Clear All

so what prices would you buy at ?
    no sig

Comment

private use only in gold = beaker cost / 3
      resell allowed in gold = beaker cost
      Contraria sunt Complementa. -- Niels Bohr
      Mods: SMAniaC (SMAC) & Planetfall (Civ4)

Comment

Originally posted by Maniac
        private use only in gold = beaker cost / 3
        resell allowed in gold = beaker cost
        nobody will use the "resell" option in that case :

Mercs buys resell option, pays 100%. The other two teams still have the option to buy directly from us for 33%, so they won't buy for more from Mercs. Thus, the maximum Mercs can get back is 66%, which makes it like they paid us 33%. Why would they bother taking that risk if they could just pay us 33% directly without resell option ?

I'm willing to go for a 50%-100%-150% scheme instead of 60%-120%-180%, but not down to 33% for private use.
        no sig

Comment

Originally posted by PJayTycy
          Is that a problem? Do we want to encourage people to buy without trade restrictions?

Anyway, if you make the individual use price anything higher than 33%, it would be more advantageous not to buy anything from us, rather research it themselves, and then sell it to the two others. So unless we know for sure that one of the teams hates another team much more than they distrust us (considering we're running away with the game score-wise...), we cannot sell higher than 33%.

The prices that I suggest are the only ones which make rational sense as far as I can tell. It being impossible for the buyer to make extra profit from either option, is a natural consequence of this accurate pricing.
          Contraria sunt Complementa. -- Niels Bohr
          Mods: SMAniaC (SMAC) & Planetfall (Civ4)

Comment

Originally posted by PJayTycy

Mercs buys resell option, pays 100%. The other two teams still have the option to buy directly from us for 33%, so they won't buy for more from Mercs. Thus, the maximum Mercs can get back is 66%, which makes it like they paid us 33%. Why would they bother taking that risk if they could just pay us 33% directly without resell option ?

I'm willing to go for a 50%-100%-150% scheme instead of 60%-120%-180%, but not down to 33% for private use.
            To break our monopoly. Assuming they have a greater gold bonus than beaker bonus, they'll still come up ahead than if they had to research it themselves.

I propose we lower the base cost (in gold) to the raw commerce we need to research it rather than raw beakers.

Then we can use something like 40-80-100-120 for private use - private use we don't sell for 20? turns - resell able - resell able and neither of us sell for 20 ?turns
            Indifference is Bliss

Comment

Originally posted by Impaler[WrG]
              Would Someone PLEASE give some feedback on the prices they want to offer,
              I couldnt say anthing on this that hasnt been said already, except that i simply would not sell techs to them. To my thinking the tech leader should always try to prohibit tech trading and those in the middle of the pack or behind should always encourage tech trades.

In any case, keep talking to mercs about a trade. They mentioned popping philosophy, was it? Might keep their GP garrisoned longer waiting a tech deal agreement.
              if you want to stop terrorism; stop participating in it

''Oh,Commissar,if we could put the potatoes in one pile,they would reach the foot of God''.But,replied the commissar,''This is the Soviet Union.There is no God''.''Thats all right'' said the worker,''There are no potatoes''

Comment

Working...
              X