Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ad 780

What to expect in 780 AD

-Hong kong will finish a worker, Xian will finish a knight, mhasa a maceman.
    -Workers will be in place on trees near mhasa\dongjing.
    -Our 4 chuks\3 mace stack can begin moving north with speed.
    -research will need to be calibrated to finish engineering. We will have 1223\1430 beakers on it
    -worker heading back north in isthmus area needs something to do
    -jewish missionary will arive in hunoi

The 760 endturn
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Kataphraktoi; June 7, 2008, 18:02.
    if you want to stop terrorism; stop participating in it

''Oh,Commissar,if we could put the potatoes in one pile,they would reach the foot of God''.But,replied the commissar,''This is the Soviet Union.There is no God''.''Thats all right'' said the worker,''There are no potatoes''

Where is the midturn?

I didn't notice any discussion either.

Why is our stack on road instead of forest?
    Why eastern port has rushed Granary not pre-built forge for MUCH better hammer benefit?
    Why Xin Guangzhou hasn't been rushed?
    Why Hong Kong is having a citizen instead of a scientist?
    Why Xian is working a 2-0-1 tile?

We're used getting a review of the turn by Safan / Pjay / me (since we've been playing turns almost for the entire game)
    You're just deciding everything without even asking, not posting a midturn for review and just sending it on.

Time is not an issue, if you cite that - the turn could wait a bit.
    Last edited by binTravkin; June 8, 2008, 02:42.
    -- What history has taught us is that people do not learn from history.
    -- Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the Universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the Universe is winning.

Comment

as you all probably have noticed i have less time to participate. once in a while i'll lurk and give some comments.

Kata, its good you want to do more for the team, but remember that this is a team game. Follow the standard way of noting all moves you did, and if there are more possibilities discuss this with pjay and or bt.

you forgot some crucial things here. At least ask bt a to do list because he has the best overview over the entire game.

greetz
      http://www.danasoft.com/sig/scare2140.jpg

Comment

I didnt realize i was pushing it? Most of my decisions have been based on what i read in previous threads or already on skype.

I was under the impression there was still a 24hour rule-The next one will be held then until all is discussed on skype.
        if you want to stop terrorism; stop participating in it

''Oh,Commissar,if we could put the potatoes in one pile,they would reach the foot of God''.But,replied the commissar,''This is the Soviet Union.There is no God''.''Thats all right'' said the worker,''There are no potatoes''

Comment

The 24 hour rule is more of a guideline now

We have lots of decisions and it's unrealistic to make them all in advance. We can go slow for a bit.

Comment

Kata - we both were online midday saturday.
            If you were going to play the turn you could announce that and I would jump in to discuss. I already had clear picture on what needs to be done.
            Furthermore you could just post the midturn around that time.

As you see you did several mistakes none of which I remember agreeing upon in previous thread and none of which are really things that need to be planned out.
            Instead, one must be very careful while playing turn and think twice before doing anything.

For example - can you give any reasonable ground why should I move a retreating stack by the road while there are forest tiles available?
            For me it seems suicidal - the stack could as well be gone next turn. GS ain't sitting waiting for us to come back, once they will see opportunity they will attack.

About eastern port - had you looked around you'd notice:
            1.that there is a Forge in queue which can be whipped for much greater benefit.
            2.that the city has very little use of Granary right now as of not having any more improved tiles, neither a Lighthouse, to work the sea.

Basically, hours have been put thinking about how each city should be best developed (days for Beijing) and none of you see is there without a good reason (though a couple of times there have been misplaced citizens).

That's why there is a midturn and/or skype discussion to post a turn without unclear actions done and point out mistakes or better paths of action.

And yes, I am increasingly being unavailable these days, so people stepping up to play the turn is cool.
            I would just like if you asked for my input and then after some time I might not be needed to watch every turn, since I have less and less time with each passing week.
            Last edited by binTravkin; June 9, 2008, 05:58.
            -- Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the Universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the Universe is winning.

Comment

Here's a midturn.

GS apparently thought it was a trap.

Checked cities and other core stuff and moved rear/exploration units.
              Mil units unmoved.
              Attached Files

Comment

Ok finished it up - infantry merged and now next to GS border in the forest - not a long term safe position, but we can keep there until pikes arrive I guess, after which they have little chance to kill our troops there.
                Knights remain in the rear but able to quickly run in and mop up anyone who's weak enough.

Galley positioned so that knights can board it in a turn should we choose so next turn.
                Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                X