This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mercs Embassy

So, we have met those guys a turn ago and should prepare some introduction message.

Message proposal:
    Greetings in the Mercenary lands!

As you might have noticed a scouting party has recently stumbled upon your border outposts. Those guys have come long way over sea and through the jungle to meet your prosperous nation, so be kind of them and don't expect them to pay much for anything.

We would like to establish diplomatic contact with you and proceed with exchange of information.
    We also hope that can be done for free since we both should gain from such arrangement.

The Centaurians
    -- What history has taught us is that people do not learn from history.
    -- Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the Universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the Universe is winning.

nice
    no sig

Comment

I got a PM from Uno:

Greetings from Team Mercenary

Greetings from Team Mercenary,

It's good to finally meet!

We look forward to a long and *profitable* relationship between our peoples.

As such, I notice you presently lack the knowledge of Drama, which we possess. I am sure some manner of exchange can be negotiated.

Also, should you be interested in a screenshot of our topographical map, we are sure such an arrangement could be negotiated.

I will be getting you a copy of our contract history soon (it's rather long), but now both continents have met, we may just post it publicly. If you have any questions, please ask, and we will be happy to answer.

-UnOrthOdOx
      Team Mercenary Representative

-I have tried PMing binTravkin, and apparantly cannot decipher the code to your team's email in my current mental state. Who would be the primary contact?

I responded with this message:

Hello Uno,

we are preparing an official team/roleplay response, but I want to answer on your last points first:

The preferred way to contact us, is through our team email :

C4DG.Centaurians@GMail.com

What's the Merc's contact point ? Sending a PM or email to a few people or do you have a team email too ?

Greetings,

PJay
      Last edited by PJayTycy; May 7, 2008, 11:47.
      no sig

Comment

I tried to send them the message above both through email and pm but neither worked since email appear to be incorrect and UnO's PM box was full
        -- Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the Universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the Universe is winning.

Comment

I posted c4dg.centaurians@gmail.com in their forum as your contact details. (I'm not sure what their contact details are myself... Snoopy?)

Comment

whoa mods are actually checking our forums
            http://www.danasoft.com/sig/scare2140.jpg

Comment

Indeed

I suggest PMing UnO (he's cleared his inbox) or one of the other members (OzzyKP, for example).
              <Reverend> IRC is just multiplayer notepad.
              I like your SNOOPY POSTER! - While you Wait quote.

Comment

Thanks to our gods for intervening.

We'll prepare a response and then we can pm it.

Comment

Answer from Uno (again by PM to me instead of our team email :-) )

I honestly have no idea what the team email is right now. I'll get it for you next time I receive the save.

The quickest means of contacting us is PMing me. (last few days where I've been dealing with medical issues non-withstanding)

The alternate would by my personal Email of SirUlias@AOL.com. But I typically only check it when the saves are around. If you really need me in a hurry PM is the best bet.
                  no sig

Comment

Greetings from Team Mercenary

So, what should the contents of our reply be ?
                    • We look forward to a long and *profitable* relationship between our peoples.
                      ==> We can put the beginning of BT's first message here...
                      As you have noticed a scouting party has recently stumbled upon your border outposts. Those guys have come long way over sea and through the jungle to meet your prosperous nation, so be kind of them and don't expect them to pay much for anything.
                    • As such, I notice you presently lack the knowledge of Drama, which we possess. I am sure some manner of exchange can be negotiated.
                      ==> Offer them to sign our Tech Trade Treaty ?
                    • Also, should you be interested in a screenshot of our topographical map, we are sure such an arrangement could be negotiated.
                      ==> Do we want a screenshot or actual in-game map information ? I guess a screenshot exchange would be enough, there's nothing we'd really gain by exchanging in-game maps and we'd give away a lot about ourselves.
                    • I will be getting you a copy of our contract history soon (it's rather long), but now both continents have met, we may just post it publicly. If you have any questions, please ask, and we will be happy to answer.
                      ==> Don't post it publically yet, we don't want GS to know we met the other continent. Please send it to us though, we're very interested to read it...
                    Last edited by PJayTycy; May 16, 2008, 02:04.
                    no sig

Comment

1. technology trades will be based on beakers with equality being the goal.
                      2. each of the civs agrees not to retrade any technology acquired in trade from one of the others; without prior agreement of the researching nation.
                      3. trades arranged are kept even if a tech to be traded for is acquired by other means.
                      Here is TTT.

We should also add that we offer exchange of Drama vs Monarchy (beakers being equal).

Comment

message proposal
                        =========>

As you might have noticed a scouting party has recently stumbled upon your border outposts. Those guys have come long way over sea and through the jungle to meet your prosperous nation, so be kind of them and don't expect them to pay much for anything.

We are interested in a trade exchange of Drama vs Monarchy, which +/- an even trade. However, for all teams we trade with, we ask them to sign our Tech Trade Treaty (TTT):
                        1.a Technology trades will be based on beakers with equality being the goal.
                        1.b Differences can be made up in gold immediately or beaker-credits can be awarded.
                        1.c The gold/beaker exchange rate is not fixed and depends only on mutual agreement.

2. Each of the civs agrees not to retrade any technology acquired in trade from one of the others; without prior agreement of the researching nation.

3. Arranged trades are kept even if a tech to be traded for is acquired by other means.
                        If you could officially sign this treaty, the Drama <=> Monarchy exchange is something we can both benefit from immediately.

We are also positive about your proposal for exchange of territory screenshots. We do think however, our screenshots will cover a lot more "unknown land" for you than yours will contain for us. I'm sure we'll be able to balance this inequality in one way or another.

Your last point, about the contract history, we'd rather have it not being made completely public yet. We don't want GS to know we've met the other continent. We are very interested to see it though, so we can get an idea about your various rates.

For The Glory Of The One Yang
                        Team Alpha Centauri
                        no sig

Comment

I approve of Drama <=> Monarchy trade
                          Companions the creator seeks, not corpses, not herds and believers. Fellow creators, the creator seeks - those who write new values on new tablets. Companions the creator seeks, and fellow harvesters; for everything about him is ripe for the harvest. - Thus spoke Zarathustra, Fredrick Nietzsche

Comment

I sent PJay's message in a pm to UnO.

Comment

Team merc diplo
                              Hey, im resuming turnplayer activity in our team in addition to ozzy. There is some uncertainty to me regarding contact between Mercs\AC judging from inactivity in our forums diplo thread(well, isnt everything inactive at this state in the game?) and for future diplo contacts, you can PM me in addition. This is a unofficial update PM but you can share it with your diplomacy people if you like.

We sent a official contact greeting but am unsure if we got\posted the response. Hopefully i can resume a more official and role-playing voice soon.

-Slade
                              Responded by:

Hi Slade!

Below is an earlier message I sent to UnO.
                              Do you perhaps have a diplo email (since we prefer email over pm) ?

We are interested in a trade exchange of Drama vs Monarchy, which is a fair trade. However, for all teams we trade with, we ask them to sign our Tech Trade Treaty (TTT):

---
                              1.a Technology trades will be based on beakers with equality being the goal.
                              1.b Differences can be made up in gold immediately or beaker-credits can be awarded.
                              1.c The gold/beaker exchange rate is not fixed and depends only on mutual agreement.

2. Each of the civs agrees not to retrade any technology acquired in trade from the other without prior agreement of the researching nation.

3. Arranged trades are kept even if a tech to be traded for is acquired by other means.
                              ---

If you could officially sign this treaty, the Drama <=> Monarchy exchange is something we can both benefit from immediately.

We are also positive about your proposal for exchange of territory screenshots. We do think however, our screenshots will cover a lot more "unknown land" for you than yours will contain for us. I'm sure we'll be able to balance this inequality in one way or another.

Your last point, about the contract history, we'd rather have it not being made completely public yet. We don't want GS to know we've met the other continent. We are very interested to see it though, so we can get an idea about your various rates.

For The Glory Of The One Yang
                              Team Alpha Centauri
                              bT

Comment

Working...
                              X