450 Ad

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 450 Ad

Next turn's in and I did the obvious moves.

In the news:

Xi Ling Shi has born somewhere else
    Mahavira too..
    Attached Files
    -- What history has taught us is that people do not learn from history.
    -- Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the Universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the Universe is winning.

Will we keep stockpiling now ?
    If so, do we keep Feudalism as the current tech (our scientist beakers go into it) or switch back to what we were doing before ?

Any other things needing attention / discussion ?
    no sig

Comment

Things:
      1.what do we do with 2 free workers near Tassagrad, options:
      - do silk plantation near Tassagrad
      - do silk plantation near Xin Guangzhou
      - make cottage south of Xian into farm to boost growth
      - build extra cottage for Beijing
      - connect the northern city with others
      - connect Hong Kong with others
      - connect Safanople with others

2.I will make a build plan for Hong Kong to build temple and use overflow for finishing monastery. I guess that means we should switch to temple.

3.Do we continue stockpiling and switch techs then?
      I would prefer no to both since I don't trust GS that much.

Perhaps I forgot something.
      -- Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the Universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the Universe is winning.

Comment

Ok, finished it up - one of the workers sent to help with GS road, one to make roads in our core territory, since other improvements can wait, stockpile and feudalism left on.

I made a mistake with setting Hong Kong to monastery, should've been temple, but in any case we will have them both in 9 turns (in 8 turns whip temple for an extra happy citizen, the turn after that monastery should be finished using the overflow).

Next turn we should reach 1000 score.
        In 3 turns we finish NE.
        If we start on HG right after NE, we can finish it in 5-6 more turns by whipping some (4 or 5) citizens off Beijing, which should anyways immediately regrow by 2 pop points (1 because of HG, 1 because of full bar).
        In 10 or 9 turns we should have our next GP.
        We currently have 407g stockpiled which is the same as GS.
        Attached Files

Comment

Our preciouss wonderss
          Indifference is Bliss

Comment

Here is an out-of-the-sky overview of our current lands...

In red I marked a proposal for the road to GS...

perhaps Mhasa should build another worker (after it grows next turn)
            Last edited by PJayTycy; March 4, 2008, 17:34.
            no sig

Comment

One worker is en-route east, and 4 workers already working around there. We can allocate an extra worker from near Tassa, if we really need that road fast.

Comment

If we had the Incense inside our borders we could Plantation it and get an extra happy. If we plant our next city in that area (immediately east of the Incense) we could do it immediately, otherwise we must wait for a border expansion.

We will get 5 population next turn, nice. Getting Hanging Garden will also be a big bump, we might want to found another city just before building to get another free pop. Do we have a plan for Bejing after that? I think we want to get each type of monestary. Additional monestaries in some of our high commerce coastal cities would also be good research boosters.

We should be building military nearly non-stop out of Tassagrad and Mhasa soon and may even be able to put another city Xian? Dongjing? onto it as well. We will also want a few more settlers and several more workers in the near future.
                Companions the creator seeks, not corpses, not herds and believers. Fellow creators, the creator seeks - those who write new values on new tablets. Companions the creator seeks, and fellow harvesters; for everything about him is ripe for the harvest. - Thus spoke Zarathustra, Fredrick Nietzsche

Comment

Yeah, Beijing should have an extra monastery and then the temples (extra 2 workers there will be cool).

We should be building military nearly non-stop out of Tassagrad and Mhasa soon
                  We should build things only for purpose.
                  What will be the purpose of this military?
                  Are we planning a war then?
                  If so, we should do much more consideration what needs to be done.

In any case, Tassagrad, Xian and Mhasa are the right cities to build extra workers, settlers and missionaries should we need them.
                  Others should focus on building themselves up.

Comment

and a settler! (2 if we can't capture Hun)
                    Indifference is Bliss

Comment

I was advocating a military build up in the chat, but bt and others rightly pointed out that if we do build our military we make war inevitable. Building military isn't a threat it's an action with a cost in turn advantage if it isn't used. We're still at the threatening stage with GS I think, although I do believe the situation is serious enough that we need to threaten them.

Comment

Originally posted by Lacero
                        I was advocating a military build up in the chat, but bt and others rightly pointed out that if we do build our military we make war inevitable.
                        I disagree. A limited military buildup can be a tool to ensure diplomatic agreements are fulfilled, and to make sure a not even larger military buildup is needed.
                        Contraria sunt Complementa. -- Niels Bohr
                        Mods: SMAniaC (SMAC) & Planetfall (Civ4)

Comment

Our power is already 125% theirs and they know quite well that our armies consisting of chuks can wreak havoc on their currently available units.
                          If they are stupid enough to still offend us, well, what's the use of them anyway.
                          I think once they see us building road they will feel much more threatened.

Comment

Working...
                          X