No announcement yet.

400 Ad

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Btw, can we trade with cities that haven't been connected yet to the GS trade network/capital?
    Contraria sunt Complementa. -- Niels Bohr
    Mods: SMAniaC (SMAC) & Planetfall (Civ4)

Comment

No, but they all are connected right atm.

For the record, personally I don't think we shouldn't let our military size be determined by how many units we can support for free.
      Well, we're already supporting 4 extra. If we're not preparing for war we should weigh which units we really need.
      -- What history has taught us is that people do not learn from history.
      -- Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the Universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the Universe is winning.

Comment

Originally posted by Maniac
        Btw, can we trade with cities that haven't been connected yet to the GS trade network/capital?
        Even then, they'll still be listed under the city list in the diplo screen.

As for the military: indeed, but unless there's a real need to have them, every gold is a beaker less to science...
        Indifference is Bliss

Comment

Yes, that's true, we should not keep too many units that would hinder our growth.

As a side note, I can write that once when playing Romans in BTS I got quite aggressive Zulus nearby. I needed military, but more than free support. Loosing some turns in research I lost the game. It cannot be directly compared to here, but there is some optimum percent of income that can go to support. Not sure where at this time.

A question, in BTS there is something like support of units outside of the borders, does it exist here in vanila? have to check.

When knowing that there is a trouble coming it is good to build up needed units. The sooner we know the better. The better we explore and patrol the sooner we know.

Maybe it's time now to draw a plan of our fleet, how many ships, when to build, where to patrol.
          Mart
          Map creation contest
          WPC SMAC(X) Democracy Game - Morganities aspire to dominate Planet

Comment

If we feel like kicking GS in short time we could be pre-building units and storing them in the queue for 10 turns after switching away from the build.
            Meanwhile our workers would extend the road south.
            That way we could surprise them and attack in some 20 turns from now (or sooner if we use our current units + a couple others).
            -- What history has taught us is that people do not learn from history.
            -- Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the Universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the Universe is winning.

Comment

Originally posted by Mart
              When knowing that there is a trouble coming it is good to build up needed units. The sooner we know the better. The better we explore and patrol the sooner we know.
              Indeed. I think a scout caravel can in the long run save money, if it tells us we DON'T need to build extra military.
              Contraria sunt Complementa. -- Niels Bohr
              Mods: SMAniaC (SMAC) & Planetfall (Civ4)

Comment

Working...
              X