- spot for settler with missionary, if safe, move settler ahead
    - start the 2nd worker on quarry
    - continue moving the 2nd missionary east
    - allocate worker in Tassagrad from 1-1-1 to 0-4-0
    - set research to 0%
    - move work boat W-N (not NW!)

To decide:
    - what do we do with mace
    - what do we do with workers near Safanople, Xin Guangzhou, Mhasa, DongJing (4 free workers in total)
    - what to build in Mhasa next (workers/settlers not an option, needs to grow) - perhaps barracks
    - ?
    -- What history has taught us is that people do not learn from history.
    -- Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the Universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the Universe is winning.

For the fogbust plan in the north (image:

The Chokonu on the forested hill should move 2 tiles EAST to the iron hill. (blue cross)
    The Chokonu on the hill near to the river source should move 2 tiles SOUTH-EAST to a forested hill between our core cities and the former banana cities. (red cross)

For Mhasa : I don't know...
    => a baracks (if we plan on using it as a troop-building city closer to GS)
    => an aquaduct (if we want to build the hanging gardens there; I know, it's spreading out the great people points)
    => a temple (if we plan on building cathedrals later)

For the maceman : either move him to defend our capital (instead of the warrior there for extra security; or let him patrol around our culture borders to defend against barbs/GS.

The workers :
    => safanople : mine on hill (we'll have enough gold/food there once we build a lighthouse)
    => Xin Guangzhou : plantation on the silk
    => DongJing : farm east of DongJing + mine on plain hill next to river
    => between Mhasa and Xin Guangzhou : we just have to decide where it'll move... It can move west (towards core), east (towards banana),
    no sig

Comment

The Chokonu on the forested hill should move 2 tiles EAST to the iron hill. (blue cross)
      Only after border expands.

The Chokonu on the hill near to the river source should move 2 tiles SOUTH-EAST to a forested hill between our core cities and the former banana cities. (red cross)
      It should rather move north, to tundra spot, since that will border fog. We can cover non-fog bordering areas with archers.

For the maceman : either move him to defend our capital (instead of the warrior there for extra security; or let him patrol around our culture borders to defend against barbs/GS.
      I'd swap it for experienced chuck - with their first strikes they're gonna be defending better.

=> safanople : mine on hill (we'll have enough gold/food there once we build a lighthouse)
      Or windmill?

Will it have any use of it? 2-0-4 tiles will be better deal for the city until we reach cap.
      How about using the worker on Tassagrad instead?
      It just reached it's improvement limit.
      I'd start building windmills around it.

How about windmill instead of mine?
      Would be a 1-2-3 tile instead of 0-4-1.

=> between Mhasa and Xin Guangzhou : we just have to decide where it'll move... It can move west (towards core), east (towards banana),
      Banana territory is closer, perhaps have it help DongJing, so that 2 workers can be dedicated to the caravel city.
      -- Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the Universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the Universe is winning.

Comment

Originally posted by binTravkin
        Only after border expands.
        Which should be the moment we hit end turn, so why wait longer ?
        It should rather move north, to tundra spot, since that will border fog. We can cover non-fog bordering areas with archers.
        True, so that chuck should move NE-NE-E-E to get to the purple spot.
        Or windmill?
        Why would we do that ? We'll have food and gold enough from the sea tiles there. Windmills are usefull around landlocked cities, but not around a sea-based city with only 1 hill in the neighbourhood.
        Will it have any use of it? 2-0-4 tiles will be better deal for the city until we reach cap.
        How about using the worker on Tassagrad instead?
        It just reached it's improvement limit.
        I'd start building windmills around it.
        True, sea tiles (2-0-4) will be more usefull than the silk plantation (1-1-4). Starting windmills around Tassagrad seems OK.
        How about windmill instead of mine?
        Would be a 1-2-3 tile instead of 0-4-1.
        It would be 1-2-2. If you really want a windmill, beter put it on the grassland hill next to the river.
        Banana territory is closer, perhaps have it help DongJing, so that 2 workers can be dedicated to the caravel city.
        That's fine with me...
        no sig

Comment

Why would we do that ? We'll have food and gold enough from the sea tiles there. Windmills are usefull around landlocked cities, but not around a sea-based city with only 1 hill in the neighbourhood.
          Windmills are generally more useful due to giving also commerce and being upgradable.
          Safanople has 2 hills nearby, one of them could be mine, but if we will want to work all the tiles we'll eventually need to rebuild it into a windmill (there are two plains to become cottages and both of the hills are plain too, so with mine+windmill+2cottages that would be a -5 food, which would make a 0 food in that city, but in more likely scenario the city will just never grow enough to use that area since growth of 2f surplus or less is virtually nonexistant) and since I don't like rebuilding, I'd rather build a mill right away.

It would be 1-2-2.
          We're financial, there are very little ways we can have a 2 commerce tile and you said yourself that tile was near the river.
          In any case, since we want DongJing to be somewhat commercial, we should focus on cottages and farms. It doesn't need much production right now anyway since it's already building the last must-have building - library.

Comment

Ok, so to summarize the workers :

=> safanople : windmill on hill
            => Xin Guangzhou : move to Tassagrad to build windmills
            => DongJing : farm east of DongJing + windmill on plain hill next to river
            => between Mhasa and Xin Guangzhou : move east (towards banana)

Seems like you're a big fan of windmills

The turn is in btw... What will we build in Mhasa now? Baracks ?
            no sig

Comment

Doing the turn now, I guess barracks is our best bet right atm.

I moved one worker towards the caravel city leaving the other two idle (out of moves) - they are a bit restricted in actions because of that axe.

Yes, I'm a big fan of windmills.

Comment

Did most of the things as proposed, except:
                1.The chukonu coverage plan seems a bit wrong since even if Shanghai expands, it will leave one fogged tile with chuck underway, so I guess we need a garrison there soon - we could use mace to cover that area. Next turn (after expansion) we will see how to arrange the fogbusters for top coverage without leaving black tiles in the rear.

2.There was only one movable worker near DongJing - moved that to help with pasture near caravel city. Moved the other worker along the road closer to DongJing - wouldn't have been able to do anything this turn anyway.

3.Moved axe back towards Mhasa as chuck from south is almost near Hun already.
                Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by binTravkin
                  Did most of the things as proposed, except:
                  1.The chukonu coverage plan seems a bit wrong since even if Shanghai expands, it will leave one fogged tile with chuck underway, so I guess we need a garrison there soon - we could use mace to cover that area. Next turn (after expansion) we will see how to arrange the fogbusters for top coverage without leaving black tiles in the rear.
                  Could you tell which tile would be fogged ??
                  no sig

Comment

The one on the very northwest - NE of horses iirc - it seemed to me we won't see it from cultural borders since it's 2 tiles away and the cultural borders don't have a hill there.
                    Anyways - next turn we'll be able to move the chuck and see whether it is fogged or not and then decide.

Comment

Isn't the tile S of horses a hill ?
                      no sig

Comment

It is, but hill cannot 'see' through forest which is in between.

Comment

Ok, well, turn looks good to me...
                          no sig

Comment

Ok, finished it up - raised another scientist in Hong Kong and hit endturn.
                            Our GDP is going low due to us building too much military (-6 for mil. units).

We have a Great Merchant, his name is Hanno.

I suggest using him on Guilds once we have Feudalism (that would allow us to finish Guilds in 1-3 turns and Banking is so much cheaper).
                            Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                            X