Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 250 Ad

Todo:
    - continue moving archers towards East (leave one in DongJing)
    - continue moving settler and missionary towards East
    - start moving the easternmost chuck near Tassagrad towards East
    - move the northernmost chuck near Tassagrad so that it can cover both Shanghai and Quarry mine
    - start working on quarry, move the other worker towards it
    - move work boat around the island so that it covers maximum exploring area (don't move by diagonal)
    - move the southern scout S-SE to see what resources are out in the sea
    - move the southern chucks further north

To decide:
    - move the ax from Mhasa towards Hun (the barbarian city) ? There was a suggestion that it shouldn't be done so since barbs upon seeing the ax would switch to hammers and thus not grow that city into size 2 (which is needed if we are to keep it).
    -- What history has taught us is that people do not learn from history.
    -- Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the Universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the Universe is winning.

Judging by this screenshot ( http://img183.imageshack.us/my.php?i...arbcitylt7.jpg ) from the previous turn; optics should be finished. So:

=> What will research next ?
    => When & where will build our caravel ?
    => When & where should our scout move to, to board this caravel ?
    no sig

Comment

=> We had been discussing Theology to get extra religion and open up path to DR.
      With GS going for Feudalism we actually have little options apart from Theology
      Also, with the difference in our research speeds growing, it is likely that we will be able to actually research Paper by the time GS finishes Feudalism.
      Or we could go and start investing in DR.

=> One caravel in Beijing, I had a plan for this, have to dig it up. It could be started next turn, but I'm not sure that's the best way to do it.
      Another caravel in that far east city about to be founded - it will take some time before we build that one, though, could be up to 15 turns from now.

=> Right, we need an extra scout built in Tassagrad next, to board the caravel produced in West, the scout in the East can board the eastern caravel. It does not need to move towards the city location yet, though.
      -- Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the Universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the Universe is winning.

Comment

Optics done -> Theocracy
        Also science to 0% since our treasury is empty

moved archer, missionary and settler towards founding spot

made workers work on marble quarry

moved chucks for maximal cover

The 1 tile island is worthless, no resources at all, also no strait to the south.

Notes

The scout near the Hun discovered no extra resources, so keeping it seems a good idea. what about "Hunoi"?

while checking the information i saw that Stormbringer has 29 gold per turn for trade. What does this mean?

Bejing can whip the aquaduct for 2 and immediately regrow one of them?

For those that didn't know yet: i'm in favor of getting Theology and then divine right. This is for grabbing two religions so others can't take them. Also versailles in Mhasa would be tops.
        Attached Files
        http://www.danasoft.com/sig/scare2140.jpg

Comment

while checking the information i saw that Stormbringer has 29 gold per turn for trade. What does this mean?
          It means they have a surplus of 29+ gold on their turn, doesnt it?
          Last edited by Kataphraktoi; January 27, 2008, 07:56.
          if you want to stop terrorism; stop participating in it

''Oh,Commissar,if we could put the potatoes in one pile,they would reach the foot of God''.But,replied the commissar,''This is the Soviet Union.There is no God''.''Thats all right'' said the worker,''There are no potatoes''

Comment

yup.
            Indifference is Bliss

Comment

- moved chuck in the north unto forested hill for maximum visibility (half of the northern tundra can be seen from there, that side should be completely safe from now on)
              - moved 2 chucks in the south more to north - next turn we have to stop the healing chuck and heal these two
              - moved ax from Mhasa south towards Hun
              - set Courthouse next in queue for Tassagrad - discussable, but I think it's about time as more military is adding +1 upkeep per unit
              - optimized Xian for more growth
              Attached Files

Comment

What about whipping the aqueduct and optimizing for production? Some loose bean counting on my part says we could get it in around 8 turns from now. What im not sure of is if getting it asap is worth the whipping penalty(+16 and an additional penalty when whipping HG) or was this already done?

''Oh,Commissar,if we could put the potatoes in one pile,they would reach the foot of God''.But,replied the commissar,''This is the Soviet Union.There is no God''.''Thats all right'' said the worker,''There are no potatoes''

Comment

We had some talk about this in turnchat too and what was proposed is:
                  temple (5 turns with optimized production) -> aqueduct (whip) -> national epic (gets some overflow).
                  That way we get both temple and aqueduct in 6 turns, plus some overflow goes into national epic.
                  The idea behind temple is +1 happiness (Beijing is at the limit) and the ability to pick up a priest to increase the chance of prophet.
                  Last edited by binTravkin; January 29, 2008, 03:51.

Comment

And leaving time to hook up stone in the meantime for HG\etc? Or is that city spot to far away? I didnt notice it listed in the next-city-spots-thread.

Comment

It is far away indeed, but with some effort the captured barb city could help here.
                      Though one shouldn't expect stone any sooner than 20 turns from now.

Comment

Working...
                      X