X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 200 Ad

Played it up to midturn.

Events:
    - GS has accepted our offer and set to bureaucracy, now has 81 gnp vs our 95, we've got +4 more commerce in Beijing
    - GS founded Taoism
    - Warrior nears Tassagrad, chuk moved to intercept

Moves:
    - Beijing set to aqueduct, citizen set away from mine to sea
    - Xian set to courthouse
    - Hong Kong set to courthouse
    - Dongjing set to library (any other ideas? seemed to me as the next best thing)
    - Safanople set to more food-centered production for sooner growth
    - settler moved east
    - missionary moved east
    - missionary from safanople moved out
    - both archers moved east (one out of Dongjing towards sea)
    - worker near Safanople set to produce a cottage (I guess we'll need a mine too)
    - worker near Xin Guangzhou set to chop silk forest
    - worker near former Banana territory set to build farm north of Mhasa
    - chuk in the north moved north for better fogbusting
    - chuks in south moved north, forward chuck encounters barb archer
    - scout moved a bit south to see more of barb city, didn't risk moving it adjacent
    - research set to 100%

To decide:
    - should we promote the forward chuck for more chances vs archer?
    Attached Files
    -- What history has taught us is that people do not learn from history.
    -- Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the Universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the Universe is winning.

Ah and we need to decide how to scout with that work boat
    -- Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the Universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the Universe is winning.

Comment

Ok, I finished it up - moved one worker towards marble and hit endturn.

We reached 809 score at the end of the turn, our GDP is 100 vs 81 2nd place, mfg goods equal with 2nd place with 47 and crop yield like 2 times the 2nd place.

Hong Kong also appeared on the greatest city list at the endturn.
      Attached Files

Comment

Looks good, but you didnt move the workboat out?
        Maybe run it around the desert island of beijings coast to check for food\water connections then head for the clams. It needs to be on the clams in 8 turns ofcourse
        if you want to stop terrorism; stop participating in it

''Oh,Commissar,if we could put the potatoes in one pile,they would reach the foot of God''.But,replied the commissar,''This is the Soviet Union.There is no God''.''Thats all right'' said the worker,''There are no potatoes''

Comment

I specially didn't move it, since it cannot see much further before Optics.
          I will move it next turn, so that it sees 3 tiles ahead at the endturn (in case barb boats nearby).

Comment

Good point, i never see barb ships so i didnt think about that
            if you want to stop terrorism; stop participating in it

''Oh,Commissar,if we could put the potatoes in one pile,they would reach the foot of God''.But,replied the commissar,''This is the Soviet Union.There is no God''.''Thats all right'' said the worker,''There are no potatoes''

Comment

This new barbarian city is in a good location. How about keeping it after conquer?
              Mart
              Map creation contest
              WPC SMAC(X) Democracy Game - Morganities aspire to dominate Planet

Comment

Need to see what's off the coast from it - if there's some fish or stuff, we should arrange for different layout. It also depends whether it has got 2 pop already since 1 pop cities are autorazed.

Comment

any screenshots ?
                  no sig

Comment

If necessary we could wait for it to grow but again we need to see ware it is exactly, a coastal city might be worth keeping but only if it falls in a good place for our city layouts plans.
                    Companions the creator seeks, not corpses, not herds and believers. Fellow creators, the creator seeks - those who write new values on new tablets. Companions the creator seeks, and fellow harvesters; for everything about him is ripe for the harvest. - Thus spoke Zarathustra, Fredrick Nietzsche

Comment

Working...
                    X