Name for the 4th city

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Name for the 4th city

Knowing how much it takes to decide upon a name, let's start the discussion early this time

I propose Hong Kong
    -- What history has taught us is that people do not learn from history.
    -- Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the Universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the Universe is winning.

Fish and Chips
    http://www.danasoft.com/sig/scare2140.jpg

Comment

The Junkyard
      (get it?? )

Comment

Not really
        Drop a hint
        -- Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the Universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the Universe is winning.

Comment

Land of Beauty
          You have two choices in life; Explore and learn or Vegetate.
          There is a reason for everything.

Comment

in hindsight, the joke doesn't work too well when almost everyone on this site seems to have english as a second language. A junk is the british name for a chinese boat. sorry :O

Comment

Lol, right

Comment

Hong Kong sounds good
                Companions the creator seeks, not corpses, not herds and believers. Fellow creators, the creator seeks - those who write new values on new tablets. Companions the creator seeks, and fellow harvesters; for everything about him is ripe for the harvest. - Thus spoke Zarathustra, Fredrick Nietzsche

Comment

I propose Hong Kong because it's meaning is something like 'fragrant harbor', which should be quite appropriate.

Junkyard sounds good too, but isn't so much along the line of our chinese names like Beijing and Xian.

I also checked Shanghai and it's quite appropriate too as it originated from a 'sleepy fishing village' as wikipedia says

@ the comic

Comment

From wiki:
                    The two Chinese characters in the name "Shanghai" (see left) literally mean "on"/"top" and "sea".

Hong Kong in Chinese is called Xiang1gang3 btw.
                    Contraria sunt Complementa. -- Niels Bohr
                    Mods: SMAniaC (SMAC) & Planetfall (Civ4)

Comment

Originally posted by Lacero
                      The Junkyard
                      (get it?? )
                      yeah... i go there when having my old "chick magnet" problems
                      Mart
                      Map creation contest
                      WPC SMAC(X) Democracy Game - Morganities aspire to dominate Planet

Comment

Comment

Junkyard sounds too english for our cities. Let's take Hong Kong.
                          no sig

Comment

Hong Kong is good (and yes, much better than Junkyard ), I just thought it would be better for the name of a city we build in the islands to the south.

Comment

Working...
                            X