X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 925 Bc

Report:

- noone has Judaism yet and we're 3 turns from having it
    - GS experienced jump in the score (likely due to their ever growing GNP - now at 32 + their return to normal in power)
    - Oracle rushed next turn (hope for the best!)
    - GE born in 2 turns (or after next endturn)
    - scout uncovers another iron site for GS

The question:
    Do we use one worker to chop for Colossus?
    The chop will be done 5 turns from now, or 2 turns into building Colossus, which will at that point be at 181/250 (+11 in the same turn). Chop will give 55h without Maths and 65 or 82 with.
    At any rate this will let us finish the Colossus in the next turn.

The other worker would then go to Tassagrad and help dig a mine on one of the hills there.

We could also use 2 workers for chopping, which would create an overflow to use for Settler completion.

So:

A:no chopping for now
    B:1 worker
    C:2 workers

? (cast your vote)
    Attached Files
    -- What history has taught us is that people do not learn from history.
    -- Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the Universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the Universe is winning.

midturn save
    Attached Files
    -- Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the Universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the Universe is winning.

Comment

Re: 925 Bc

Originally posted by binTravkin
      Report:

- noone has Judaism yet and we're 3 turns from having it
      - GS experienced jump in the score (likely due to their ever growing GNP - now at 32 + their return to normal in power)
      - Oracle rushed next turn (hope for the best!)
      - GE born in 2 turns (or after next endturn)
      - scout uncovers another iron site for GS
      Judaism : don't cheer to early...
      GS's score : I didn't check in-game, but I guess it'll be one of those territory score increases
      Oracle : It looks like we'll nail that one
      GE : Pyramids look good too !
      scouting Let's hope GS has little other ores.

The question:
      Do we use one worker to chop for Colossus?
      The chop will be done 5 turns from now, or 2 turns into building Colossus, which will at that point be at 181/250 (+11 in the same turn). Chop will give 55h without Maths and 65 or 82 with.
      At any rate this will let us finish the Colossus in the next turn.

The other worker would then go to Tassagrad and help dig a mine on one of the hills there.

We could also use 2 workers for chopping, which would create an overflow to use for Settler completion.

So:

A:no chopping for now
      B:1 worker
      C:2 workers

? (cast your vote)

I don't know, what's Being's build queue for the next turns ? Settler before or after Collossus ? I don't really get what the difference between these choppings will be.
      no sig

Comment

I offered queue like this:
        Oracle
        Pyramids
        Colossus
        Settler

The good thing here is we'll be done with all the wonders and can go on to military things. Also, Colossus will receive overflow from Pyramids and Oracle, which will allow us to finish it in 2 turns with 1 chop.
        Meanwhile Beijing also should be regrowing to 5 pop.

Comment

I'd say the second worker can go on to build the road (either to bananas or to our new city location). It makes no difference for the wonders and we don't need that settler so fast.

btw; has our axe arrived at the settling location already ?
          no sig

Comment

I think great engineers don't cause any overflow. So any overflow from the Oracle will also be wasted.

Btw, what tech do you plan to get from the Oracle?
            Contraria sunt Complementa. -- Niels Bohr
            Mods: SMAniaC (SMAC) & Planetfall (Civ4)

Comment

I'd say the second worker can go on to build the road (either to bananas or to our new city location). It makes no difference for the wonders and we don't need that settler so fast.
              Well, I proposed it to assist making mine near Tassagrad, but we could as well build a road towards the cow site.

btw; has our axe arrived at the settling location already ?
              It's right SW from it - no danger in range.

I think great engineers don't cause any overflow. So any overflow from the Oracle will also be wasted.
              Why should overflow be wasted?
              If you 100% complete something before endturn, all production made in that turn is moved to the next turn, including overflow from the last turn as it counts in production.
              In essence we should be getting production of 2 turns + overflow from Oracle whip.

Btw, what tech do you plan to get from the Oracle?
              I think Machinery is the only viable choice being more than 2 times more expensive than all others and being our target tech for operation Banana Peel.

Comment

Yeah, it leaves the GE free to rush pyrs.

I say only chop one. We might want the other forest to whip cho's...

Also, how are we doing healthwise?
                Indifference is Bliss

Comment

+9 in Beijing, +7 in both others - still some reserve.
                  Last edited by binTravkin; April 20, 2007, 00:44.

Comment

Sent on. Hopes are high for next turnaround.

Comment

I started on foreign intelligence, but didn't finish it in time. There are some pop-changes I couldn't find yet, but, I leave now for the whole weekend, so it'll be monday evening at the earliest before I can give a full update.

Most important : GS researched Maths and Vox very likely built its second city.
                      no sig

Comment

Why then they didn't propose exchange?

Comment

Maths was still on their "can't trade" list.
                          no sig

Comment

right

Comment

Foreign intelligence finally updated... (it took me a while to discover what the mercs did exactly)

Alpha Centauri
                              0925 BC : 0293 : +013 : land ownership : 37 land (+7 : 3rd city area)

Gathering Storm
                              0925 BC : 0248 : +013 : land ownership : 44 land (+7 : 2nd city area)
                              ====== : 0261 : +013 : era2 tech discovered : mathematics (... in 14 turns)

Mercs
                              0925 BC : 0236 : +006 : capital grow back from 3 to 4 after whipping : 4+5+1 pop
                              ====== : 0242 : +006 : city 4 founded : 4+5+1+1 pop

Vox
                              0925 BC : 0185 : +006 : city 2 founded : 4+1 pop

--------

Let's hope next turn is easier again...
                              no sig

Comment

Working...
                              X