gathering of the people

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• gathering of the people

Jay is going on vacation, so i'll be the turnplayer for the moment.

We have to do a few decisions next turn because of new elements that were discovered in the last few one's.

The most important is the banana diplomacy. They are very close, and they must have discovered that we are in a good position, because they suddenly changed directions. I feel their last message is a sort of threat. Like in trade with us or we will grab land in your direction. (i don't think they have much space left towards the other side)

decision to take:
    do we trade a minimap screenshot to them? what can they do with it? what can we do with theirs? how will our stance towards them be, what do they think of us?

We also discovered copper. Its close to the capital, but it will take a while before we can connect it. After our scout in progress i asume we will build a settler. We need to point a city location and forward the scout or the warior to there.

And third we need a new tech. Personaly i'm more into fishing for searching new contacts, Jay was more into miscism for the broader after options. I asume once we have the copper connected and have a few axemen our defences against a banana invasion will be okay.

Let me know what your thoughts are about these issues

greetz
    http://www.danasoft.com/sig/scare2140.jpg

dont trade MM
    need to look for where to send settler
    mysticsm
    You have two choices in life; Explore and learn or Vegetate.
    There is a reason for everything.

Comment

I think going for Sailing and then Alphabet and being everyones best tech-trading buddy would be the best course of action.

The copper is too far away from our city. Place the settler so as to obtain the copper.

Comment

If they don't want to agree on a border, giving them our exploration info is IMO not at all in our advantage.

I like going for Sailing, after we research Mysticism.

Btw, was this a Terra map?
        Contraria sunt Complementa. -- Niels Bohr
        Mods: SMAniaC (SMAC) & Planetfall (Civ4)

Comment

I agree giving them our exploration info is bad.

Given the amount of coast we have, and the potential for us to be stuck on an island with the bananas, sailing sounds good to me.

what is the culture expansion time on our palace? When do we ge the copper due to this? Should we really use our settler to cover it or should we push further east?

I'm very bad at city placement, demanding zero overlap and optimising too much leaving me with very few cities so I'll leave that decision to others

[Edit: Looks like we need two expansions of culture to get the copper, which is too many to wait for. But the idea of overlapping city radii to speed that up makes me feel ill.]

Comment

Bannana can militarily match us with their own Copper and Exceed us (equal odds to an Ax/Ax fight but with major mobility advantage) with Horses->WarChariots. AnimalHusbandry is a big tech and I doupt they have it at this point, its likly to be on thier to do list though.

If I had been them and had the Chariots and we were know to be Copperless I would crush us or atlest block us from ever founding a city. Half a Continent is always better then any "friendship".

Our second City can get Cows, Copper and eventualy the westbank of the river by founding NE of the Copper.

I say Mystisim as the next Tech, I think we should be going Oracle slingshot and leave fishing/Sailing till later.
            Companions the creator seeks, not corpses, not herds and believers. Fellow creators, the creator seeks - those who write new values on new tablets. Companions the creator seeks, and fellow harvesters; for everything about him is ripe for the harvest. - Thus spoke Zarathustra, Fredrick Nietzsche

Comment

Originally posted by Impaler[WrG]
              I say Mystisim as the next Tech, I think we should be going Oracle slingshot and leave fishing/Sailing till later.
              I'm definitely no Civ4 expert, so possibly a silly question, but...
              what's so great about us having Code of Laws so early?

Comment

courthouses and a religion

but in fact col will be fairly difficult because we need writing for that too

a metal casting slingshot will mayb be better in this case

and main purpose is ofcourse denial
                we have tech lead atm, so we have to keep that
                http://www.danasoft.com/sig/scare2140.jpg

Comment

Originally posted by -SafaN-
                  a metal casting slingshot will mayb be better in this case
                  Just an idea: get metal casting by a great merchant from the lighthouse?

Turn has arrived btw.

Comment

Seeing as we have just begun on Mysticism and Banana's already researching Meditation, is it still possible to get the Oracle??

Comment

Could be tricky and this is exactly why I advised we don't go for mysticism.

Comment

I'll Post this here as well as its relevent to this debate

Banana Tech Analysis

Our Data so far on the Bananas from Forign Inteligence thread

====== : 0006 : +006 : tech discovered : 1 tech : farming
                        ====== : 0013 : +007 : tech discovered : 2 tech : the wheel
                        4000 BC : 0039 : +026 : capital founded (+ 1 pop, + 1 wonder)
                        3760 BC : 0045 : +006 : tech discovered : 3 tech : ? (? in 6 turns)
                        3600 BC : 0051 : +006 : population growth : 2 pop (22 in 10 turns)
                        3320 BC : 0058 : +007 : tech discovered : 4 tech : ? (? in 11 turns)
                        3200 BC : 0074 : +016 : land ownership : 9 land (+9)
                        3120 BC : 0097 : +023 : land ownership : 21 land (+12)
                        3080 BC : 0104 : +007 : tech discovered : 5 tech : ? (? in 6 turns)

We know they have AnimalHusbandry and Mystisism, which leaves 1 unkown Tech. Of the 3 Techs one took 6 turns the next 11 and the most resent in 6 turns. AH must have been the 11 turn tech which means the mystery tech was a 6 turn tech on par with Mystism in cost.

I think the most likly candidate is Mining.

The screen shot seems to indicate a lack of Cottages which supports the analysis, if so their Tech Rate is going to be considerable slower then ours. They can reach Priesthood before us and begin Construction of the Oracle but they have nothing withwitch to speed it, no Chopping, no Whipping, no Marble and they Tech they get from it would be quite poor untill they finish several other Techs. They would have to start Construction imediatly after Priesthood ~6-7 turns from now and give up Settler creation for a long time which would cost them dearly.

In conclusion, I think an Oracle attempt is still viable but it will require good planning on our part to pull off, if we want to go for it we need Masonry->Meditation->Priesthood and the Marble connection with our second city, Chopping and Whipping can excelerate our 2 settlers and our Financial should get us the Techs only a few turns after Banana. We then out Build them to the Wonder.
                        Companions the creator seeks, not corpses, not herds and believers. Fellow creators, the creator seeks - those who write new values on new tablets. Companions the creator seeks, and fellow harvesters; for everything about him is ripe for the harvest. - Thus spoke Zarathustra, Fredrick Nietzsche

Comment

Working...
                        X