turn 21 : 3200 BC

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• turn 21 : 3200 BC

Bear and Banana warrior were not visible, so I moved the scout east.
    Banana warrior is on the hill we suspected it would move to.

After hitting end turn, we'll have 2 pop and warrior at 9/15.
    Warrior will be finished at the end of next turn if we work 2 forests for +6 hammers.

This time, to get more responses for the warrior movement, I added a poll .

Foreign Intelligence.

The only explanation I could find for the current score increases for Vox, Banana and Mercs (+16, +16 and +15) is that land-score starts to count now for them. They founded their city 20 turns ago (on the first turn), so that could be the reason. We'll know for sure if we see we get land-scores too after endturn next time. For now, I'll assume this is the case, if not, I'll have to think of something else... It also means Mercs have 8 land tiles around their capital, while vox and banana have 9 land tiles around the capital.

80 Vox (3 pop, 4 tech, 9 land) + 9 land
    74 Banana (2 pop, 4 tech, 9 land) + 9 land
    67 Mercs (1 pop, 4 tech, 8 land) + 8 land
    65 Alpha Centauri (2 pop, 5 tech) + 1 pop
    65 Sarantium (2 pop, 5 tech)
    64 Horde (3 pop, 4 tech)
    57 Gathering Storm (3 pop, 3 tech)
    A : Northern route
    100.00%
    B : Southern route
    0.00%
    fetch the banana !
    0.00%
    Last edited by PJayTycy; June 16, 2006, 14:57.
    no sig

Turn attached here, didn't send it on yet...
    Attached Files
    no sig

Comment

I say path a...
      Indifference is Bliss

Comment

Besides this walking path decision, I think it's now time to dive into the schizofrenic communist (yang) <-> capitalist (financial trait) brain of our scout and send a confusing message to the bananas. As we don't have anything to say for real, we might as well just mess with their minds. Something like "As a token of friendship, we give you this information for free: there's no need to explore further to the west, there's nothing there but some mountain range". They'll go exploring in that direction, thinking we try to hide something, but then end up seeing we told the truth...

But, as I'm already 50% turnplayer and foreign intelligence datalinks maintainer, I will NOT do diplomacy. I trust somebody else will send a message from our gmail-account to the banana members (EPW and Platypus Rex are both in the gmail adress book)
        Last edited by PJayTycy; June 16, 2006, 17:07.
        no sig

Comment

Originally posted by PJayTycy
          Besides this walking path decision, I think it's now time to dive into the schizofrenic communist (yang) <-> capitalist (financial trait) brain of our scout and send a confusing message to the bananas. As we don't have anything to say for real, we might as well just mess with their minds. Something like "As a token of friendship, we give you this information for free: there's no need to explore further to the west, there's nothing there but some mountain range"
          And a bear...

Though personally I would argue against sending a confusing message or messing with their minds. Lesson from the previous democracy games: be as honest as possible as long as possible. It only takes a small lie or even just a bending of the truth to make another civ distrust you for the rest of the game. So personally I'd suggest to send something as simple as
          "Hello there! Good weather today eh? How's the banana harvest going?"
          Contraria sunt Complementa. -- Niels Bohr
          Mods: SMAniaC (SMAC) & Planetfall (Civ4)

Comment

i'm too inexperienced to do the diplomacy...

chose northern route
            http://www.danasoft.com/sig/scare2140.jpg

Comment

The K.I.S.S belief.
              You have two choices in life; Explore and learn or Vegetate.
              There is a reason for everything.

Comment

Still no volunteers to be our diplomat ? It's not like sending a message takes so much time, but it might give us some more roleplaying.
                no sig

Comment

I've sadly abandoned this. Anyway, King of Those Aussie Animals has asked me who is our diplomat.

Originally PMed by Platypus Rex
                  This is Team Banana

do you have an offical diplomat to start talks with

I can be reached at

platrex at gmail dot com
                  SMAC/X FAQ | Chiron Archives
                  The reasonable man adapts himself to the world; the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore all progress depends on the unreasonable man. --G.B.Shaw

Comment

i will try it if i must, but i don't have much experience in it, and i fear i might screw it up
                    http://www.danasoft.com/sig/scare2140.jpg

Comment

-SafaN-, you can't really srew up if you copy Maniac's sentence. For now they just want to know how to contact us, and that's through the gmail account.
                      no sig

Comment

Working...
                      X